Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Want to be heard? Over here!

Started by Roses and Songs, June 12, 2016, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roses and Songs

You can sing, you can play, no one seems interested, come over here my friend, we'll listen to you!
  •  

Roses and Songs

I'm one of those in desperate need to be heard so I'll be posting a song a day here I guess and you're all invited to do the same.

Cheers, Rose.

•  

Roses and Songs

Here's one I found at the bottom of a forgotten box of mostly forgotten 80's hits... by a forgotten artist. Enjoy, Rose.

•  

Roses and Songs

My favorite artist of the 80's, Nik Kershaw. Mostly unknown in North America though, sadly.

•  

Roses and Songs

I was just watching parts of the movie (Breakfast at Tiffany's) from which that song was taken, Audrey Hepburn has to be among the most beautiful women who ever lived, no doubt. Enjoy.

•  

Roses and Songs

Definitely one of my favorite.

•  

Roses and Songs

Good Ole Classics

•  

Roses and Songs

Sting - Englishman in New York (Reality is: Frenchwoman near Montreal but seems like no one cares)

•  

Roses and Songs

Here's the new one, kinda jazzy, love it.
  •  

Roses and Songs

Oups, An Englishman in New York was moved!

•  

Roses and Songs

Another Sting (with The Police) while we're at it. ''King of Pain'' or Queen sometimes...

•  

Roses and Songs

Dedicated to all those of us who have to go homeless to realize their dream, this shouldn't be, period. With all my love and affection, Rose.

•  

Jamie97

Here's the first part of an instrumental project I've been working on recently. Not quite sure what genre it counts as, sounds kind of like rock/prog/electronic/experimental, and it's called Molten Kaleidoscopic Dreamscape. Enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/james-pettitt-97/sets/molten-kaleidoscopic
  •  

Roses and Songs

Wow, I'm a huge prog fan and the one I prefer is Mirror, we all love a good 7/4 don't we. Glad to not be alone anymore in here. Cheers.
  •  

Roses and Songs

Back in the days when we was young and wild... Oh yes, these were good times alright.

•  

Roses and Songs

Dedicated to all my trans sisters and brothers who have to go homeless to realize their dream. And although this shouldn't be, it happens more than we know. With all my love and affection, Rose.

•  

Roses and Songs

I'm not too sure about this one, let's say I tried.

•  

Motohead Steph

Here's me with my band playing an original song:
  •  

WarGrowlmon1990

Quote from: Roses and Songs on July 14, 2016, 08:37:54 AM
Oups, An Englishman in New York was moved!

I love this cover, Rose. You've got a great voice.

Quote from: Motohead Steph on July 19, 2016, 05:11:07 PM
Here's me with my band playing an original song: [URL]

I haven't heard too many good modern punk bands, Steph. I really enjoyed hearing your song too. I'm a bass player and I was in a horror punk band from 2009-2011. It didn't work out cause my bandmates wanted to just party all the time instead of focusing on the music (they were pretty judgemental so I'm actually glad they kicked me out).

I've been practicing my singing for a long time but am too self-conscious to post a video yet. I wanna improve a little better before I show my stuff. My fiancé however is an experienced singer (as well as a rapper and a music producer). This is one of his older songs from a couple years ago (he does the hook/chorus):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spbuQP5rT9o&list=PL4EF6260C788482EC&index=5

When I get more experienced I'm gonna start doing collabs with my fiancé. Jake's taken me under his wing in terms of producing music too so when I get Reason or another music producing program I'll post some stuff on here.

•