Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fox News pundit: Everyone will soon wear diapers to avoid trans people in bathro

Started by stephaniec, June 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlateRDays

Wow that's really messed up and sad. No one should have to go through that either. If only we could pee in space and not have to worry. I'm keeping an eye on how this issue turns out. Take care everyone!
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

JessicaSondelli

Meanwhile, I keep empty plastic bottles in my car... Sad but true...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feel free to PM me, I'm happy to help, don't be shy... :)
  •  

VeronicaLynn

More unisex restrooms is really good for us non-binary folks. Most festivals just have a bunch of unisex port-o-pottys and everything works out fine. Why does it have to be any different for more permanent facilities?
  •  

Asche

Quote from: stephaniec on June 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM
A Fox News pundit has claimed that people will soon take up wearing adult diapers to avoid transgender people in bathrooms.

Um, are we sure that this isn't actually from The Onion?  I don't follow Faux News, but a lot of the stuff I hear quoted sounds like self-parody.

(Unfortunately, I've noticed that PinkNew doesn't always get US news right.  E.g., in another article, they write "district court in Norfolk" when it was actually "court of appeals in Richmond".)
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Kitty June

Quote from: Katiepie on July 02, 2016, 05:33:52 PM
So in essence, that article is claiming that the people against trans are a bunch of babies.

Kate <3
Always remember to smile your face
This made me laugh
Thank you
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Asche on July 03, 2016, 08:46:18 AM
Um, are we sure that this isn't actually from The Onion?  I don't follow Faux News, but a lot of the stuff I hear quoted sounds like self-parody.

(Unfortunately, I've noticed that PinkNew doesn't always get US news right.  E.g., in another article, they write "district court in Norfolk" when it was actually "court of appeals in Richmond".)
Nope.  That is really Fox News. 

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

AngieT

Let her put her money where her mouth is. 

If "everyone" is going to be wearing diapers, I'll donate the first $5 to purchase a package of diapers for her so she can prove her point. 

•  

HappyMoni

I am all for putting the news pundits who hate on us to good use. I'm thinking little pictures strategically placed where those who are learning to pee with unfamiliar equipment might practice their aim. And oh, Sean Hannity would top my list.

Moni
Hope that didn't get me in trouble. It was heartfelt.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Marlee

•  

Paige

So as I understand it, the average fox viewer is 70 and male.  Promoting diapers to their viewers seems like a natural thing for them to do anyway.

Just sayin,
Paige :)
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Smith777 on July 28, 2016, 11:53:41 AM
Haha ;D

Sorry to interrupt all.

I want to welcome Smith 777 to the site. Hope you find what you are looking for.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Arch

Quote from: Dee Marshall on July 02, 2016, 06:26:34 PM
The problem is, when the bathroom is labeled "family/handicap" people without an obvious handicap get grief for using it, and that is often us. My roommate (ex spouse) has a legitimate handicap but if she isn't having much trouble walking that day people always hassle her for parking in a handicap spot, even with her plate.

Wow, I've never been hassled yet for parking in disabled spots, but I've had my placard for under eighteen months and walk with an obvious limp. Perhaps my time has not yet come.

I usually use disabled stalls under particular circumstances. Although I don't have a walker or wheelchair, I have trouble navigating narrow stalls because of my foot. Those tiny stalls are particularly problematic when I'm carrying a big briefcase (and sometimes other stuff) and can't turn around easily without pain because I'm juggling my bag and accommodating my stupid foot. If the stalls weren't so ridiculously cramped, I'd have no worries.

Fox News does get one thing wrong. Those transphobes people will be wearing diapers, but not adult diapers.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: stephaniec on June 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM
Fox News pundit: Everyone will soon wear diapers to avoid trans people in bathrooms

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/06/30/fox-news-pundit-everyone-will-soon-wear-diapers-to-avoid-trans-people-in-bathrooms/

pink news/Nick Duffy  30th June 2016, 4:44 PM

"A Fox News pundit has claimed that people will soon take up wearing adult diapers to avoid transgender people in bathrooms.
Laura Ingraham, a talk radio host and O'Reilly Factor pundit, made the prediction on her radio show.
Referring to a backlash about transgender people in bathrooms, Ingraham predicted that conservative grown-ups will soon resort to wearing nappies."
"

That's fine, especially if I don't have to. I'm a liberal and believe in equal rights.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

DawnOday

Quote from: Marlee on July 28, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
not to defend. But I am sure she was making a snarky joke

That's the problem with Cons. They make the snarky joke than make a half hearted apology. Everyone knows they are disingenuous  And everyone walks away. I think they as television journalists they should aspire to higher standards.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Arch on July 28, 2016, 02:47:58 PM
Wow, I've never been hassled yet for parking in disabled spots, but I've had my placard for under eighteen months and walk with an obvious limp. Perhaps my time has not yet come.

I usually use disabled stalls under particular circumstances. Although I don't have a walker or wheelchair, I have trouble navigating narrow stalls because of my foot. Those tiny stalls are particularly problematic when I'm carrying a big briefcase (and sometimes other stuff) and can't turn around easily without pain because I'm juggling my bag and accommodating my stupid foot. If the stalls weren't so ridiculously cramped, I'd have no worries.

Fox News does get one thing wrong. Those transphobes people will be wearing diapers, but not adult diapers.

The last time I got grief for using anything designated for handicap people was when I lived in SanFrancisco. People demanded I give up my seat, and stand, so someone else could sit there. It seemed they ignored the fact I used crutches in order to walk. I even got to sue the Muni transit system, when a bus diver took off while I was still in the stairwell.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Mariah

:police:
Okay folks. No bashing or attacking others and that includes News Networks please. Please keep in mind TOS 5, 10, and 15. Thanks
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Paige on July 28, 2016, 12:55:16 PM
So as I understand it, the average fox viewer is 70 and male.  Promoting diapers to their viewers seems like a natural thing for them to do anyway.

Just sayin,
Paige :)

This is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

Arch

Quote from: Lady Sarah on July 28, 2016, 04:02:10 PM
The last time I got grief for using anything designated for handicap people was when I lived in SanFrancisco. People demanded I give up my seat, and stand, so someone else could sit there. It seemed they ignored the fact I used crutches in order to walk. I even got to sue the Muni transit system, when a bus diver took off while I was still in the stairwell.

Dayyam. You've had some interesting experiences...I hope you don't have any more like these.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

mac1

If all public restrooms could be multi-user unisex with adequately private stalls and a common sink area there would be no need for separate gender specific or family restrooms.
?
  •