Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fox News pundit: Everyone will soon wear diapers to avoid trans people in bathro

Started by stephaniec, June 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Fox News pundit: Everyone will soon wear diapers to avoid trans people in bathrooms

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/06/30/fox-news-pundit-everyone-will-soon-wear-diapers-to-avoid-trans-people-in-bathrooms/

pink news/Nick Duffy  30th June 2016, 4:44 PM

"A Fox News pundit has claimed that people will soon take up wearing adult diapers to avoid transgender people in bathrooms.
Laura Ingraham, a talk radio host and O'Reilly Factor pundit, made the prediction on her radio show.
Referring to a backlash about transgender people in bathrooms, Ingraham predicted that conservative grown-ups will soon resort to wearing nappies."
"
  •  

Deborah

Those people live in another dimension of reality where up is down and lies are truth.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: Deborah on June 30, 2016, 11:19:28 AM
Those people live in another dimension of reality where up is down and lies are truth.

Sapere Aude

The interesting thing is that they are so transparent in their idiocy. Why? because they know people want to hear it and have their prejudices reinforced.

•  

mac1

Just make all public restrooms and store fitting rooms multi-user unisex with adequately private stalls. Restrooms can still have a common sink area.  locker rooms and showers could also be multi-user unisex by providing private changing and shower stalls.
?
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: mac1 on June 30, 2016, 11:43:17 AM
Just make all public restrooms and store fitting rooms multi-user unisex with adequately private stalls. Restrooms can still have a common sink area.  locker rooms and showers could also be multi-user unisex by providing private changing and shower stalls.
your advocating common sense, not sure these people can comprehend logic
  •  

Michelle_P

Finally!  A solution for overcrowded bathrooms, and at no taxpayer expense!

I'll be able to find an open stall without queuing.  Thank you, Laura Ingraham.  That's just brilliant.  Or something...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laura_Squirrel

•  

Colleen M

Of the Fox editorial shows, Ingraham is probably the one I have the most trouble taking seriously.  I actually respect Sean Hannity more, somehow. 
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

ChasingAlice

i find this totally offensive! my recently deceased father took his own life and this is actually one main reason why. he refused to wear what he calls a diaper.
#foxnewsgoofftheair

mac1

?
  •  

big kim

•  

Ms Grace

By "everyone" they only mean transphobic bigots... no sweat for us if they want to pee/poop their pants in public instead of be sensible.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

KarlMars

I hope I don't have to wear a diaper to avoid violent cis people in restrooms.  :P

Colleen M

When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

SlateRDays

What did the Fox say.... Oh wait nvm.

As said, the solution is so simple. I say just make 3 bathrooms. Men, Women, Handicap-Unisex. Target has 3 and a family bathroom. What's an extra room?
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

RobynD

Segregation is never the answer though. Simply telling trans people to use Unisex bathrooms is discriminatory, but i agree having more of them available for those that are more comfortable in them, is great.

•  

SlateRDays

True it's not so much meant for an issue creating segregation as it is for comfort. Single parents can use this restroom without issue. Trans, handicap. appropriate sized stalls, changing tables, etc. I just see the family bathroom in theory as an environment that could invite a subtle unity. Since everyone entering is different, there is no focus on it as "odd". Those who are more comfortable with gendered bathrooms can be free to use them without issue. All that counts after that point, is cleanliness, functionality and appropriate accessibility.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

Katiepie

So in essence, that article is claiming that the people against trans are a bunch of babies.

Kate <3
Always remember to smile your face
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Dee Marshall

The problem is, when the bathroom is labeled "family/handicap" people without an obvious handicap get grief for using it, and that is often us. My roommate (ex spouse) has a legitimate handicap but if she isn't having much trouble walking that day people always hassle her for parking in a handicap spot, even with her plate.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •