Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trans March

Started by stephaniec, July 01, 2016, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Trans March

http://www.pridetoronto.com/pride-month/trans-march/

Pride Toronto/Friday, July 1, 2016 7pm
Church and Hayden Streets

"The Trans Pride March is one of the largest annual events of the trans community in Canada. Since its community-led beginnings in 2009, the March has sought to provide a place for trans identified people to rally, stand up and come together in solidarity. All trans identified people, their friends and allies are welcome to march."
  •  

TG CLare

I was there last year and missed the whole Pride festivities this year a I was out on a 6 day transport run. :-(

While I feel the idea is a good one, some of the participants made it seem more of something you would see on Springer. Many of those watching only came to laugh at us or ogle the few ladies who were topless.

One person looked like they had tried to wear everything from the Frederick's of Hollywood catalogue at once!!

Hard to garner public support when others turn it into something from a circus. :-(

Love,
Clare
I am the same on the inside, just different wrapping on the outside.

It is vain to quarrel with destiny.-Thomas Middleton.

Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dr. McGinn girl, June 2015!
  •