Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Makeup allergies

Started by MelloYellowSurge, July 03, 2016, 11:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelloYellowSurge

I decided to ask my mom and my sister about foundation and the answer they gave is that they don't wear it on account of being allergic to it. This kinda got me thinking about the issue I'm struggling with here. On the one hand, I would like to hide the 5 0'clock shadow that seams to rear it's ugly head right after I shave. For some reason I seem to have a 5 o'clock shadow right after I shave and it annoys me to no end. To this end I would like to be able to cover the hair growing out of my face with some foundation and concealer. On the other hand, I would rather not have breakouts on my face just because of potential allergies to the makeup. It's for this reason that my mother and sister don't wear foundation. I have psoriasis and am constantly worrying about whether my skin will survive the experience of being hidden by makeup. With all of that said, is there any makeup out there that won't be as harsh on my skin should I try and work with it? I'd like to start with a foundation and maybe add a concealer to the mix at some point so I'll start by asking for recommendations there.
  •  

Harley Quinn

I would suggest clinique. They have a ton of hypoallergenic makeup. Other than that... check with a dermatologist.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •