Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Very Long Cycles After Having Kids... Is This Normal?

Started by WarGrowlmon1990, July 12, 2016, 11:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarGrowlmon1990

Before I had kids my cycles were always irregular. When I was about 18 or 19 I went a full year without getting it-- and was glad because of the dysphoria. When I gave birth to my first baby in 2013, my menses became regular and extremely painful (some days it would feel as if I were in the early stages of labor). After my youngest baby was born these stupid things started coming two weeks apart instead of one month apart. I got my first depo shot last year and since then they've been coming once every three months. But when I do get them, they last two - three weeks. When I first talked to my doctor about this she said that it's normal and can happen, but it's been going on for over a year now. It just doesn't seem normal and it's making my dysphoria skyrocket.
  •  

mm

There are hormones that you can go on that will stop monthly altogether or just 3 or 4 a yr, talk with your GYN.  Stopping them or at least make them less often should help your dysphoria.
  •  

sigsi

Quote from: mm on July 12, 2016, 12:05:20 PM
There are hormones that you can go on that will stop monthly altogether or just 3 or 4 a yr, talk with your GYN.  Stopping them or at least make them less often should help your dysphoria.

Feeding off of this thought, keep in mind that if you go on something to stop periods (depending on what it is), that they could last longer when you actually do get them. My doctor once recommended a birth control aimed to get a period only 4 times a year, but after the first 4 months when I went off (as recommended) my period lasted almost two weeks and was quite heavy/painful (horrid).
I wouldn't know anything with the side affects of with kids though ???
To be who you want to be 
and generally happy,
 is better than to be who you're not 
while living in mental pain.
  •  

Sussy

In this case only a doctor can tell everything is normal or not. I became a regular menses after childbirth.
  •