Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Pokemon Go?

Started by Zumbagirl, July 14, 2016, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zumbagirl

Anyone else playing this game besides me? Here I am thinking "I'm a grown up woman hanging out at a pokestop with a lure on it" and then poof several other women my age show up. So now I don't feel foolish anymore. It got me to go out walking just so I will see what it's in the egg I want to hatch. It's a great idea for the game, the augmented reality concept.
  •  

FTMax

Yep! My dog has probably gotten really annoyed with how many long walks we've taken in the last week. It is definitely a fun game.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Lavasnaffle

I prefer pokemon fire red, the classics.
  •  

WarGrowlmon1990

I don't have enough money for a smart phone and I live in Canada so I haven't been able to play PKMN Go yet. I've been playing old school Pokemon Blue on playr.org for now XD
  •  

Valwen

I am playing, me and half the people i know.

Serena
What is a Lie when it's at home? Anyone?
Is it the depressed little voice inside? Whispering in my ear? Telling me to give up?
Well I'm not giving up. Not for that part of me that hates myself. That part wants me to wither and die. not for you. Never for you.  --Loki: Agent of Asgard

Started HRT Febuary 21st 2015
First Time Out As Myself June 8th 2015
Full Time June 24th 2015
  •  

Devlyn

I played it for a day. It's like a very watered down and oversimplified version of geocaching. The Pokemon app is such a battery hog I got rid of it.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ryuichi13

Anyone STILL playing Pokemon Go?  I am! [emoji2]

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

Dayta

Good heavens, my wife and I drove in a big circle around the city of Long Beach 2 or 3 times, trying to catch a Snorlax, me driving and her poking.  One of our favorite parts now is renaming our Pokemon and sitting them in local gyms, like these guys: 

•  

Ryuichi13

OMG, your names are hilarious!  And I thought my names were creative!

Ryuichi

•  

Zumbagirl

I've named a lot of mine after japanese monsters. I have a Charizard called Godzilla (although he is going to get ousted by my Tyranitar), a Blastoise named Gamera, a Venusaur named Anguiras, a Butterfree named Mothra, an Aerodactyl named Rodan and a Muk named Hedorah (aka the smog monster).

I have a set of 100% Charizards named after the dragons from game of thrones: Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion.

A have a Gyrados named Angry Karp, an Exeggutor named Egg Head, a favorite Dragonite that I like to use in gym battles named Gym Dandy, a Vaporeon named Juice Box, an Arcanine named Mister Pickles, a Rhydon named Rhino Man. I'm probably missing a lot more since I have a pretty big pokedex now.

Surprisingly if you play this game lone enough and catch enough pokemon I found that I would find 100% pokemon every now and then. I recently caught a 100% Cyndaquil that I evolved into a 100% Typhlosion with thhe current fire and ice event going on right now.
  •  

Dayta

Just don't try to knock this guy out of my gym: 

•  

Erika_Courtney

First game in which I had a female avatar, it was a strategy tip I got from an online website. A couple of hundred k later I am on this site.

Currently Level 34 Instinct

Current 100% Pokémon
Totodile
Wooper
Magikarp
Pidgey

I am not a huge fan of the new gym system.
  •  

Ryuichi13

I like the new gym system.  Sure  it makes it difficult to see the other pokemon, but I'm hoping Niantic fixes that (if they haven't already.) 

Its interesting to actually SEE the points as the pokemon become weaker.  That I REALLY like! 👍

My boyfriend and I were the only members in a Raid yesterday against a croconaw. It was his first Raid and my second.  But for some reason, I didn't get a golden razzberry in the first battle.  No idea why I didn't.

But, I was able to catch this guy after the Raid! [emoji3]

Ryuichi

•  

Zumbagirl

I am almost level 34, just about there. I can solo 1 star and 2 star gym raids and I have a friend helps me with 3 star ones. I belong to a couple of Facebook groups and whenever there is something big (4 star) to catch like a tyranitar I post it in Facebook and almost always enough people show up to defeat the raid boss. I'm looking forward to catching a legendary and also finishing my pokedex, if only I could figure out where unown hides out. Maybe this weekend when they have the pokemon go fest event.
  •  

charizard

Is anyone still playing PoGo?
I'm not comfortable sharing my trainer code, but I'm Level 33 team Valor. I play solo cause I'm basically stuck indoors all weekend.

#annualthreadrevival
  •  

DustKitten

I would like to, but I still have a flip phone :) I'm beginning to bow to the pressure, though--GPS, voice therapy apps, and Pokémon Go are all convincing arguments for an upgrade.

What I want to know is if anyone still plays actual Pokémon. Most people my age seem to have stopped playing after Gens I and II.
  •  

charizard

Wow, flip phones still exist @DustKitten?  :o
I lost my flip phone on a bus 5 years ago (which prompted my swap to a smartphone), and I thought I was one of the last hangers-on to one back then.

The GPS and *quick, google where to find xyz* (whilst out in neighbourhoods/cities/countries I'm not familiar with) have been invaluable for me so I couldn't look back.

I think some people do still play it - one of my colleagues is keen for the Let's Go Pikachu and Let's go Eevee games that are coming out towards the end of the year. I only played Gen 1, Gen 4, and started Gen 3 years later on an emulator. I mainly seem to play the Gen 3 game when I'm on a flight, because it's enough to occupy some time when there's not much else to do.
  •  

Zumbagirl

Quote from: charizard on July 10, 2018, 02:53:04 AM
Is anyone still playing PoGo?
I'm not comfortable sharing my trainer code, but I'm Level 33 team Valor. I play solo cause I'm basically stuck indoors all weekend.

#annualthreadrevival

I occasionally play but not as much anymore. I finally made it almost all the way to Level 40 x 2, in other words beating the game twice, but I sort of lost interest in the grind and raids and not only that but I have other things I would rather spend my money on than raid passes and incubators. Along the way I have maxed out dozens and dozens of Pokemon including probably close to, maybe even more than, 100+ 100% perfect Pokemon. When I finally quit I ended up with I believe 13 mewtwos as well and of course I do have my own Mew. I do open the game and check on the Pokemon, but raiding and flipping gyms I leave to someone else. Send me a PM if you want with your code and we can be friends and at least I can send a gift from time to time whenever I get an opportunity to spin a stop.
  •  

ChelseaAnn

4124 5442 9654

My trainer code. Add me!
http://chelseatransition.blogspot.com/

MTF, transitioning in 2015
  •  

Ryuichi13

Quote from: ChelseaAnn on November 30, 2018, 12:43:49 PM
4124 5442 9654

My trainer code. Add me!

Added!

I play on average, a couple times a week.  (Read: Usually when I have to leave the house.  ;))

If anyone wants my Trainer code, PM me!

Ryuichi

•