Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Last Person To Post Wins: 11.0

Started by SanaRinomi, July 17, 2016, 05:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

Hate to blow WIN!!! up your skirt but...
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

Weeee!!  Thank you thank you.  Skirt flutters a bit but I won!
  •  

MaryT

I am the Doctor.  I once almost won by using time travel to make the final post immediately before the first post but Devlyn (tin)foiled my scheme.  During the intervening months I have developed a microwave broadcaster that destroys the protective properties of tinfoil hats.  (I was inspired by a spectacular accident while using tinfoil to protect a dish from grease while nuking some food.)

Microwave broadcaster on?  Check.
So, this is the final post.  I win!

•  

MaryT

I am the Doctor.  This is the first post.

I will now use the Tardis to travel back in time and make the final post immediately before this one.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

MaryT

•  

ButterflyTsunami

•  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Evienne

So I started questioning the nature of this topic.
Mostly, what does it really mean to be "last" and therefore win?

You see, if you wanted to be simple you could say that judging by the fact that threads typically get closed at 2,000 posts and are usually ended by a moderator announcing they are closing the thread, then technically there is no way to win at this game. The moderator announcement will always be the last post thus, they will always win unless the limit is never reached. In short, the game would be rigged.

My other thought on this matter is questioning what it means to win all together. To win, one must come out as victorious among the competition. In this sense there must be an actual last poster. But the paradox is that every time anyone makes a new post there is a new last post and the prior post never won despite it's claims to be the winner which held true but no longer does. All wins become invalidated by what is now the win which later becomes invalidated by the next winner. But if the winner can be replaced then were they ever really the winner to begin with?
In my belief, just as every new person born is the worlds youngest human for a moment, ever new post is the winner for its moment. Any contribution will be considered to be the wining post, however with each new contribution the previous ones become former winners. Therefore, in theory there can only be one true winner, and we are not all winners, but rather everyone else is former winners. We were winners, but we cannot hold the title. Only one can, and unless the 2,000 limit is not reached, that title will go to the moderator who closes the post.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

V M

Deep contemplations on a Sunday? Somebody must be bored  ;)

The point is to have fun, the destination is irrelevant, it's all about the journey getting there

I WIN!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

Quote from: MaryT on April 20, 2018, 05:42:57 AM
Back to the drawing board.
...as a non-winner. 
I really hate it when the tartis has a glitch.  Like for instance, last night.  A crowd of 15 of us went out for a evening of shopping, dinning and dancing and what happened?  We slowly formed back in a Middle Eastern café eating Lamb and drinking Turkish coffee.
Signed
Winner Julie
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: V M on April 29, 2018, 05:21:08 PM
Deep contemplations on a Sunday? Somebody must be bored  ;)

<----INTP

Thinking is what I do for fun :/
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

MaryT

Quote from: Sam314 on April 29, 2018, 02:38:41 PM
So I started questioning the nature of this topic.
Mostly, what does it really mean to be "last" and therefore win?

You see, if you wanted to be simple you could say that judging by the fact that threads typically get closed at 2,000 posts and are usually ended by a moderator announcing they are closing the thread, then technically there is no way to win at this game. The moderator announcement will always be the last post thus, they will always win unless the limit is never reached. In short, the game would be rigged.

My other thought on this matter is questioning what it means to win all together. To win, one must come out as victorious among the competition. In this sense there must be an actual last poster. But the paradox is that every time anyone makes a new post there is a new last post and the prior post never won despite it's claims to be the winner which held true but no longer does. All wins become invalidated by what is now the win which later becomes invalidated by the next winner. But if the winner can be replaced then were they ever really the winner to begin with?
In my belief, just as every new person born is the worlds youngest human for a moment, ever new post is the winner for its moment. Any contribution will be considered to be the wining post, however with each new contribution the previous ones become former winners. Therefore, in theory there can only be one true winner, and we are not all winners, but rather everyone else is former winners. We were winners, but we cannot hold the title. Only one can, and unless the 2,000 limit is not reached, that title will go to the moderator who closes the post.

It isn't so complicated.  The "OP" is not the first post of this thread.  The "OP" is, however, the clue regarding how to win:

Quote from: SanaRinomi on July 17, 2016, 05:15:23 AM

Doctor will re-start this! By time travel!
                                                                                                      Love, Sarina!

As the Doctor, I did that.  Also, by leaving no gap between the last post and the first post, on the thread's timeline, I made it so that all other posts were between the first post and the last.

Obviously, though, the supervillains of the universe do not recognise my victory.
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

•  

Ryuichi13

Since I'm a Doctor Who fan as well as a Star Wars fan:

And, I WIIINNNNN!  ;D

Ryuichi

•