Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Nationwide Transgender Equality Campaign to Debut on FOX News During Republican

Started by karenpayneoregon, July 17, 2016, 07:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karenpayneoregon

I don't watch very much television with commercials, found this in a story via a WPATH group on Facebook and thought this was worth sharing.

This groundbreaking new ad depicts the challenges faced by transgender people in accessing public restrooms—and highlights the lack of state and federal nondiscrimination protections for transgender people. The ad will have its national TV debut on FOX News Channel next Thursday, July 21, during the final night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio. It will air nationwide again on MSNBC during the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia one week later.

When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be."
-Julia Glass, Three Junes

GCS 2015, age 58
  •  

Dee Marshall

I think we're providing an important public service with this. Giving Trump's supporters time to go to the bathroom themselves or get a beer during a commercial break. I wish that I believed that they'll actually watch this and learn something from it. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that Fox News accepted the ad.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Colleen M

I admit this isn't aimed at the most accepting demographics.  Still, who else did we really need to reach?  And is the alternative just waiting for them to die off? 
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

itsApril

I'm glad this is running, and especially on Fox.  Fox viewers are the demographic that really needs to get the message.

The message here is non-threatening and invites the viewer to look at the issue in human terms.  It shows the sense of threat trans people feel in being forced into the wrong restroom.  And the plot device of two nice cis-ladies intervening to defend and support the protagonist is an artful touch.  If the message gets through to even a few Faux News viewers, that's a step in the right direction.
-April
  •  

Dee Marshall

Very true. Sorry I was feeling particularly cynical when I posted before.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •