Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What do I need to do to pass? What do you think are my strengths/weaknesses?

Started by Blackwaters427, July 04, 2016, 10:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

Hi everyone! I wanted to know how much work I'd need and what I'd need to work on in order to pass as a lady. I don't know how to post pics on here, so I guess you can just use my profile pic as a reference. :P
As for my voice, I kinda sound like Dax Shepard and Keanu Reeves with a somewhat lower timber, according to my girlfriend. I have a very ugly voice. Luckily I'm able to change my voice around and make it do a lot of things most people can't. I'm like a parrot; I can mimic certain voices. I can do very convincing male celeb impressions. Obviously, these voices won't help me with my transition, but it does mean that my vocal cords are malleable, so that's a plus. What can I do to feminine my voice? I appreciate your help!
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

2cherry

I honestly don't think you need much based on your profile pic.

Femininity is basically largely based upon neoteny i.e.: the younger and the more childlike (neoteny) you look, the better chances and easiness at passing as female. The older you get, the more testosterone changes your body. It doesn't stop at 18, it constantly changes the body and produces bulky bones by the time you're 30, then it goes downhill again. So, if you start before age 20, you're in the easy zone I guess. After that, it steadily gets more problematic.

I think you will be able to pass with some clothes and makeup alone. So, I don't know if you enjoy makeup, you could try some and see what happens. Just don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Ask your girlfriend, maybe she wants to help.

I've had 1 year vocal training, and it's not easy to describe in a bunch of comments...  :D couple of things though: never try to force your vocal chords, and don't do weird voices, or you'll ruin the chords. Also: never whisper (seems a huge one according to my vocal coach as she get angry when I do it.). Then you'll have to do exercises, reading things like: days, weeks, months ever so lightly changed in pitch and stressing on nasal sounds, like vowels: OOOO, or NNNNNNNN... like: Sunday: SunnnnnnnnNNNNNdaaay.... so that you learn to talk from the mouth instead of the chest. Pitch is less important than removing the bass voice. Men are lazy, they talk in their chest, because it takes no effort. Girls talk more from their mouth. If you can get out of your chest, you're pretty much half-way there.

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: 2cherry on July 04, 2016, 12:26:36 PM
I honestly don't think you need much based on your profile pic.

Femininity is basically largely based upon neoteny i.e.: the younger and the more childlike (neoteny) you look, the better chances and easiness at passing as female. The older you get, the more testosterone changes your body. It doesn't stop at 18, it constantly changes the body and produces bulky bones by the time you're 30, then it goes downhill again. So, if you start before age 20, you're in the easy zone I guess. After that, it steadily gets more problematic.

I think you will be able to pass with some clothes and makeup alone. So, I don't know if you enjoy makeup, you could try some and see what happens. Just don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Ask your girlfriend, maybe she wants to help.

You just made my whole day!! Like you have no idea; I'm grinning like an idiot right now :D
Unfortunately I don't have any make up yet (other than my girlfriend's stuff, and she doesn't have a whole lot) or clothes, so I'm going to have to wait until payday before I can go shopping. Any recommendations on what kind of make up/clothes I should use?
As for the age issue, I'm just glad I discovered myself when I did (I'm 24)

•  

Kitty June

I would like to recommend going to saphora (sp?)
They have everything and will help find your colors and whatever you need. It's not cheep like a drugstore, but you'll get expert help on things and you can then shop with more confidence at the bargain places.
They are located inside J.C.Penneys and sometimes as a stand alone in a mall.
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: StevieC9 on July 04, 2016, 12:44:04 PM
I would like to recommend going to saphora (sp?)
They have everything and will help find your colors and whatever you need. It's not cheep like a drugstore, but you'll get expert help on things and you can then shop with more confidence at the bargain places.
They are located inside J.C.Penneys and sometimes as a stand alone in a mall.

Ah very nice! I have actually seen it at the mall where I live although I haven't been in there. What kind of price range are we talking about?

•  

Kitty June

They carry high end stuff. I think their own brand is cheeper, but not drug store prices. You can still get your information from them and then go somewhere cheeper with a better idea of what you need.
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: StevieC9 on July 04, 2016, 05:33:03 PM
They carry high end stuff. I think their own brand is cheeper, but not drug store prices. You can still get your information from them and then go somewhere cheeper with a better idea of what you need.

Cool cool, so are there any brands/stores I should avoid?

•  

Kitty June

I'm no expert for this. I've just gone there for foundation matching and I bought that. A little goes a long way. After that I just picked up some eyeshadow at Walmart and I'm using a lip gloss my partners daughter didn't like the color of. Works for me though. You'll find a lot of info on YouTube though. You can spend hours on that. I know I did.
I now have a simple routine. It's not total coverage but I think it's nice and subtle.
Good luck. It's an adventure
  •  

Dena

We have a voice section and it may look like it's surgical but there is a fair amount of non surgical work in the past. I am willing to help people with the trained voice. The trained voice isn't difficult to use for somebody with the vocal range but it can be a little difficult for some people to learn.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Raye

Although, I work at Wal-Mart it's a bit odd when I go in for various things because my regulars that come into the store to check up on my life as well to say hi see me in a different light. They can tell its me, but sometimes they ask me odd questions like... So do you like crossdressing as a guy when you work? Because I know you don't wear makeup on the job and baggy clothes? Sure I dress like a guy parts of the week during work, but shoot I barely have time to get off to start looking for stuff I'd look much better in. Others ask a different question like holy cow when did you get bewbs?! It's pretty mixed results, personally I don't like to wear makeup as often because I can simply pass with little or none. AND even that part is also received with mixed answers + sometimes questions. Half of the customers think I'm a girl and the others a guy. Eventually albeit you'll get into that situation as well whether you wear makeup or not. Hopefully not because those situations can get pretty cray cray sometimes LOL! But I'd have to go with Stevie's judgement on this one. It's worth a shot talking to professionals. I get my advice from a friend who use to be a Cosmetologist. He gives me decent tips and tricks, but for the most part he likes to be vague to watch me fail at it so I'll learn to get better. Odd reinforcement skills, but it works for me. HEHEHEE ^^
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: Dena on July 04, 2016, 10:53:52 PM
We have a voice section and it may look like it's surgical but there is a fair amount of non surgical work in the past. I am willing to help people with the trained voice. The trained voice isn't difficult to use for somebody with the vocal range but it can be a little difficult for some people to learn.

If you could help me with the voice, I'd be very grateful :) but just out of curiosity, how would you be able to help with that over the internets?

•  

Dena

I have a write up, there are a couple of software packages that can give you feed back and the tool that helps if you are comfortable using it is Skype. I am located in Arizona but most afternoons and evenings I am available. If you are uncomfortable with Skype, it's not difficult shipping voice samples over the internet but it is slow.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Kitty June

Quote from: Dena on July 05, 2016, 10:40:18 PM
I have a write up, there are a couple of software packages that can give you feed back and the tool that helps if you are comfortable using it is Skype. I am located in Arizona but most afternoons and evenings I am available. If you are uncomfortable with Skype, it's not difficult shipping voice samples over the internet but it is slow.
Is that an open offer for voice help? I think I'm in the same time zone just next door in quirky.
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: Dena on July 05, 2016, 10:40:18 PM

I have skype on my phone! Would that work?

•  

Dena

Yes, a phone would work and the voice offer is open to anybody who whats to do the work.
  •  

Raye

Quote from: Dena on July 05, 2016, 11:40:42 PM
Yes, a phone would work and the voice offer is open to anybody who whats to do the work.
That's our Dena always helpful whenever she can be! ^^
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

Kitty June

I'll be sending you a pm soon with my Skype name. I don't remember it off hand.
And thank you so much for the offer to help. I'm sure you already know how appreciated that is to us girls that are still early in transition.
Thanks again. I'll now return this to the original thread.
[emoji12]
  •  

Raye

I put sooo much work into my voice. I still have long ways to go, but you can tell it sounds much softer! ^^
I know it's a gaming video, but the internet gave me a voice to use it, right? I have trouble maintaining my pitch and flow, but still not bad for 2-3 Months Progress.

WHICH STILL SOUNDS BETTER THAN THIS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qduwaIxRSXo#t=32.777473
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

Blackwaters427

Awesomeness! I'll send you a PM since my skype name is kind of inappropriate lol

•