Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Franklin Graham Warns Communist Gender Unicorn Will Brainwash Your Kids

Started by Deborah, August 09, 2016, 11:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Franklin Graham Warns Communist Gender Unicorn Will Brainwash Your Kids

By ?

http://www.edgemedianetwork.com/?202136

"The Communists used brainwashing in Eastern Europe and Russia, and they took the parents out of the decision-making process and the state began to make decisions about morality. This is a dangerous path," Graham concluded.
------------------------------------------------
These guys are getting so far over the top that it looks like Monte Python is writing their scripts.  I can't even get mad at them anymore when the only emotion I feel is a kind of amused pity.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Lady Sarah

When I was homeless and working at rescue missions, I went through their forms of brainwashing. It was only temporary. I wonder ... depending on how deep the "problems" run, how far would the brainwashers go? I'd hate to think of some of the extremes some groups will go to in order to normalize somebody.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

RobynD

Graham has strayed far from his father's comparably loving and inclusive ministry. He uses rather innocuous ministries like Samaritans purse "operation christmas child" as a platform to spread his extremist and regressive message. He is loved by the religious right because of this and it brings in more money.

I try and follow the logical path to "what would happen" if the worse case scenarios occur for these folks. What if acceptance of transgender rights goes from its 60%+ level now to lets say 85%, what if all "religious liberty" laws fail etc.

What happens is that general society sees that the sky is not going to fall in on them and that the world will continue forward. That causes the money to dwindle, because you have to have a radical message and cause immediate fear in order to collect radical amounts of money.

In the end then these people target folks like you and me as a way to generate revenue. This is a tactic as old as humanity itself. Without a bogeyman, more such people would have to make an honest living.

•  

Deborah

What I think we are going to see is the collapse of the religious right as a meaningful political force in this country.  The way things are leaning right now this could happen as soon as this Nov.  But if not, then not to far into the future. 

They know it too and are gambling on extremism to keep their base fired up.  But  they made a gross strategic error in their political choices this spring and their credibility is dwindling because of it.

That's my prophecy for today, LOL.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow...

• communist - CHECK
  • Russia - CHECK
  • brainwash - CHECK
  • danger - CHECK
  • the state - CHECK

Looks like Hot Button Bingo to me.  He sure does know how to use all the exciting words in his arguments.  This should rev up The Usual Suspects...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

BeverlyAnn

I think Robyn nailed it.  Billy was always about preaching and love.  Franklin is about money and hate!
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

RobynD

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 09, 2016, 02:26:55 PM
Wow...

• communist - CHECK
  • Russia - CHECK
  • brainwash - CHECK
  • danger - CHECK
  • the state - CHECK

Looks like Hot Button Bingo to me.  He sure does know how to use all the exciting words in his arguments.  This should rev up The Usual Suspects...

He only forgot "kicking puppies or setting kittens on fire"

•