Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Today I Voted :)

Started by stephanie_craxford, January 23, 2006, 05:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

So today is election day here in Canada.  And today was the first time that Stephanie Craxford cast her vote.  It was so cool, I walked in to the polling station, up to the volunteers, presented my voter registration card, and they compared the name on it to the name they had on the voting lists.  They scrolled down through the names and the volunteer stopped highlighted the name and said to the person handing out the ballots - "Stephanie Craxford" verified, and with that I was given my ballot and voted for a new Government.

I'm a happy girl

Steph
  •  

Kendall

Congratz. Your Stephanie Craxford Political voice begins.
  •  

Dennis

Heh, my voter's card had the wrong name on it, so I had to bluff my way through. I could've presented my change of name certificate, but I just thought to hell with that. It's not their right to know.

It was no problem though, just showed my ID and got registered.

Dennis
  •  

Cassandra

Way cool Steph. Election day is still a ways off here(first tuesday in November) But I can't wait. Say that reminds me I haven't changed my voter registration yet. Oh well another trip to the courthouse.

Congratulations Steph!

Cassie
  •  

Dennis

Well, conservative gov't. But at least it's a minority and my riding doesn't have a Conservative MP. So it was worth voting. I almost didn't because of the wrong name on the registration card.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Verry true Dennis, I'm hoping that they won't try anything stupid this time round.  And yes get that registration fixed up my man.

Steph
  •  

Dennis

Got it fixed, just by telling them they somehow got the wrong name on my card and I was the only one living at that address. Next election, I should be fine. Hopefully they won't do anything stupid so it's too soon.

Dennis
  •  

Sheila

Stephanie,
  Isn't that wonderful. I remembered the first time I voted with my female name and as female. It was for the Presidential election. I guess people didn't listen to me, now look what we got.
Sheila
  •  

Shelley

Geat news Steph,

You do know of course that voting only encourages them. :D

Shelley
  •  

stephanie_craxford

True Shelley, but they need all the encouragement they can get :)

Steph
  •