Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Thinking out loud

Started by Drexy/Drex, September 26, 2016, 09:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Hi Drexy
Thanks for the great compliment I thoroughly enjoyed it, that picture is actually back from July this year. But I don't think I've changed that much in the last couple of months.

I have to say I loved your joke about taking a good pounding... Not sure that this forum to reply to that, I've never had a band in this place that I guess is always the chance of a first LOL seriously though I do take your point and it seems no matter what the perception is about fly in fly out workers and the tough job that they do, they proved themselves to be a great bunch of people.

So you mentioned a blood condition that you need to take care of first, I hope you're able to do that and get off to Mexico at some point to have your body sculpting. I agree with you about voice surgery as opposed to having breast augmentation, I do think the voice is far more important. But who am I to say, it took me over 50 years just to start transition, so my judgement is certainly not perfect.

Whatever it is that you are doing as part of coming out at work, it is working exceptionally well for you. You seem to be able to be make the changes that you need to without causing a complete riot at.
I do think a sense of humour is as important as many of the other attributes associated with transition such as perseverance, tenacity,  courage.....you posess all of those including ther sense of humour and a good few others I haven't listed.

Thanks for the update, once again I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Drexy's adventures

take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Hi Liz you own that style and colour it's so true what you say about needed for transition
i guess no one can without them
your kind words lifted my spirits thank you
just a quick note as about to finally board the plane for r&r.... we had to evacuate our work site
and go sit in the dry mess... see what i mean that's s half of the dry mess
then a 6hr bus ride to newman through wittenoonm on the way as paraburdoo airport road was  closed..... what a milk run

drinks by camp fire 😉

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Oh Wow haven't you changed...I was sorting out some photo's yesterday and I came across one you sent me pre Mexico and when I think about that photo and I see you now...what a huge difference.

Plenty of fire out your way by the look of it, you will be pleased to be back in town for a couple of weeks off.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: LizK on November 20, 2018, 10:06:04 PM
I do think a sense of humour is as important as many of the other attributes associated with transition such as perseverance, tenacity,  courage.....you posess all of those including the sense of humour and a good few others I haven't listed.

Thanks for the update, once again I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Drexy's adventures

take care
Liz
@LizK

Thats very true!

Thank you for sharing those photos Drexy, Yeah Nah you're much braver than me looking at that room full of guys...! LOL When I went out in public I saw a group of builders head towards the cafe I was building courage to go into and I was immediately like "NAH". Thankfully found a cupcake cafe to go to - way to prissy for tough tradies and the like....

Is that a wee little burnoff or raging forest fire? 

To be honest - its way more orderly than I had imagined...I had this picture in my head of hundreds of drunken louts herded around a dilapidated shed in the absolute middle of nowhere singing 'she'll be coming round the mountain...'  -- IDK maybe I watch too many movies....LOL

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

I'll take that as a compliment Liz😊bit of filter magic at work there🤭
i would have second thoughts too Sonja.... i would got out the old chuppa  chup.... it works a treat... more nervousi get the harder i suck it😆
its okay for me as we are are all in our uniforms 14hrs  a day.. we only change to get into the dry mess for dinner.
no not a burn off.. full raging bush fire
hahaha your idea of what its like cracked me up.... it used to be like that 30 yrs ago
bit more civilised now though the wet mess can get messy sometimes
the other day i went there to my usual table and a heap of new arrival rough necks were at the table in frt of me and i thought uh oh i better sit away from as i noticed a couple glanced quizzically at me.... then i thought nah so went to my table and sat directly facing. them so they  could see my qlitzy nails  😆😉
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

You're looking good Drexy!  You're certainly rocking it! 

That fire looks dangerous!  I know they move fast.  Stay safe babe!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on November 22, 2018, 11:55:51 PM
......the other day i went there to my usual table and a heap of new arrival rough necks were at the table in frt of me and i thought uh oh i better sit away from as i noticed a couple glanced quizzically at me.... then i thought nah so went to my table and sat directly facing. them so they  could see my qlitzy nails

Priceless absolutely Priceless..

That is so funny...good on you.
:laugh: :laugh:
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on November 22, 2018, 11:55:51 PM
the other day i went there to my usual table and a heap of new arrival rough necks were at the table in frt of me and i thought uh oh i better sit away from as i noticed a couple glanced quizzically at me.... then i thought nah so went to my table and sat directly facing. them so they  could see my qlitzy nails  😆😉
@Drexy/Drex

Drexy - You made the right choice, because, you never know if truckies and miners are killing themselves trying to guess what brand of glittery nail polish you're wearing and sitting far away makes it difficult and awkward for them to ask........

speaking of nails, my wife asked me to be the santa at her creche xmas party today and I couldn't say no to the kids. Anyway after getting ready at home and putting on a massive full on santa suit and driving to her creche  -hot as hell and steaming up my fake glasses. As I was handing out present to all the kids I realized my natural nails are super long atm (Cruella de vil would be proud), the kids probably didn't notice but the 40 or so mothers and dads also in attendance?........Hey I did ask my wife if I could go as Mrs Claus instead......but she laughed and said no - the kids are expecting Father Christmas. The kids loved it.

Sonja.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

haha that's  so funny omg.... 🤭.... santa claws🤣😂🤩
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Finally back in Bangkok its the first time I've been here as me   and all somewhat sad as one of my close workmates was going to come over with me but he and another work mate were killed in a car crash on the  25th november its the first time someone close to me has died.... and as we are all a big family up at work it was a shock to us all
so unjust a testimonial to the randomness of life,  he was a good man  only young 34 so much to live for he knew me from the previous job we had been on and so witnessed all the changes but he never once looked down his nose at me..never disparaged me . always had my back.though i had not told him about transition he was smart enough to put 2&2  together.
great sense of humor he was the guy who asked the  big guy next to him in the mess what was his bear name was 😂 he was one of a kind larger than life character all
a person worthy of trust.

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Hey Drexy

Sorry for your loss. It's horrible when this stuff comes at you out of the blue. Hope you can enjoy your time in Thailand? Is it for holidays or have you got more surgery planned?Either way good luck hope it goes well

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your workmates.  Reflect on their lives and the kind of people they were.  Please try to enjoy your time in Bangkok.
In living every day.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

thank you for your condolences 😊
so far its been pleasnt 
I'm here to get full lazer skin ablation on my face and look into a lip lift revision
yanhee turned out not to do co2lazer just fraxel due to it being mainly a thai service hospital and co2 is no good for thai skin
zo now i am perhaps voing to yoskarn clinic
on the up side i am getting a few madames..... from women and laxyboys.... i think i confuse the men
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Sonja

Hi Drexy,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and workmate.
How long are you in Thailand for?

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Hi Sonja thanks
until about 3jan
on my way to pai today get a  consult on some revision surgery... lip lift
and laser on skin.... 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Drexy/Drex

interesting i  posted on fb a pic of me in Bangkok pre laser on face as well as post i think itz pretty obvious my  changes but not a word has been said hmmm maybe they are still processing it

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

That looks painful!   The beer looks good though!
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on December 24, 2018, 10:06:46 AM
interesting i  posted on fb a pic of me in Bangkok pre laser on face as well as post i think itz pretty obvious my  changes but not a word has been said hmmm maybe they are still processing it

Ouch!! Will be interested to see the final result? Is it as painful as it looks?

I read your post about Yanhee and thought it all looked pretty reasonable. What type of laser treatment was this  you have ? Just had...

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

happy xmas
yes the beer was very nice judie
it was fraxel laser with rf...... theybput numbing cream on beforehand... but my god it hurt
and then to make matters worse my face bleed like  crazy so he had to  had to cauterise about 20 different areas each proceeded by a local anesthesia jab and that process hurt as much as the laser..... still he did say i was tough lol
that is not how fraxel should be.... it's that blood  condition  i have the one that messed. me up in Mexico whew.....
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

I hope you get a great result   Considering what you have had to endure

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,