Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo plans!

Started by Blackwaters427, September 26, 2016, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

What are you going to be writing about for NaNoWriMo this year?
I'm starting the first installment a fantasy series called the Refuge Saga, which is about a young sorcerer named Lokhar who proves himself to be a very powerful mage and joins up with several companions to defeat an evil sorcerer named Zurog, who is using an army of golems to release Idd (the equivalent of Satan) from the Black Realm. I won't go into the details of the books after the first one, mainly because I haven't completely worked out the plotlines yet. If you want to hear more details about the first book, just let me know!
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

FTMax

Pretty much every nanowrimo, I ask my girlfriend what kind of fanfiction she wishes she could find, and I write a novel sized fanfic for her. She mentioned recently that her favorite Jurassic World writer had deleted their blog (and with it, their stories), so that may be where we go this time. She's also been on a Once Upon a Time kick recently, so that is another possibility. I'd prefer dinos though.

I also have a folder of original ideas, but I'm not sure I have the time to flesh any of them out this fall while trying to plan surgery.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

graspthesanity

I'm no longer a Nano rebel, but it was once considered rebellious to continue your work. So I will be continuing a piece of work I started back in 2014's Nanowrimo. In the 1920s the US Navy had a job where a sailor would be placed to lure out fellow gay sailors, but soon enough they realized that the placed sailor was really enjoying his job and they closed said job, well, at least to the public. I went on to ask what if they never closed the job and that went on to WWII and that is where my story kicks in. It's a complicated love story between a few men and questions whether it's above all to protect yourself and send others away.