News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 27, 2018, 02:34:05 AM
Not doing well, but I wanted to share before I stop posting. Just stressed I guess.

Anyways, here are some songs I was listening to the other day.

:o
TicTac. You're posting Two Steps From Hell now without me even saying anything! :D

I'm so proud of you  :icon_dance:

Those are all really good choices too. Enchantress is around the top of my favorites that Thomas Bergersen composed.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 27, 2018, 02:01:52 PM
:o
TicTac. You're posting Two Steps From Hell now without me even saying anything! :D

I'm so proud of you  :icon_dance:

Those are all really good choices too. Enchantress is around the top of my favorites that Thomas Bergersen composed.

Yeah Two Steps From Hell is super great! I listen to them often along with some other music that I like, such as what I posted before this.

Anyways, Enchantress is one of my favorites too! It reminds me of Ghost in the Shell (anime) at least in the very beginning part. The song is so good though lol.
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 27, 2018, 04:20:45 PM
Yeah Two Steps From Hell is super great! I listen to them often along with some other music that I like, such as what I posted before this.

Anyways, Enchantress is one of my favorites too! It reminds me of Ghost in the Shell (anime) at least in the very beginning part. The song is so good though lol.

That is awesome! You're awesome!
I'm glad you got into it. I try to introduce them to so many different people and they usually just brush it off. You're like one of the first people who got into them so cool!
I remember when that album came out I bought it the very first day (I always do) and saw, "here's a song by Thomas Bergersen, it's called 'Enchantress.' Hmmm. I already like it." THEN I listened to it XD
I'm weird, I love that fantasy magic stuff and I love Thomas Bergersen so the combination was great and it sounded great too. I digress.

I'm unfamiliar with "Ghost in the Shell." Perhaps I will look it up now.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

•  

Grunt

Found this band the other night; the member in orange is actually MTF, and went by Rabbit when the band started, but now goes by Bunny. She is also the lead singer's sister.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

•  

Grunt

Quote from: Grunt on April 27, 2018, 05:37:55 PM
Found this band the other night; the member in orange is actually MTF, and went by Rabbit when the band started, but now goes by Bunny. She is also the lead singer's sister.

I guess she's not really in orange in this one, oops. She is the one with the goggles on the right

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 27, 2018, 05:08:54 PM
That is awesome! You're awesome!
I'm glad you got into it. I try to introduce them to so many different people and they usually just brush it off. You're like one of the first people who got into them so cool!
I remember when that album came out I bought it the very first day (I always do) and saw, "here's a song by Thomas Bergersen, it's called 'Enchantress.' Hmmm. I already like it." THEN I listened to it XD
I'm weird, I love that fantasy magic stuff and I love Thomas Bergersen so the combination was great and it sounded great too. I digress.

I'm unfamiliar with "Ghost in the Shell." Perhaps I will look it up now.

Thanks! I like to think I am awesome...maybe lol.

Yeah, Two Steps From Hell is pretty great! Most people (I could be wrong) are into more mainstream stuff and anything outside of that tends to get shunned. Personally I love all kinds of music and I am willing to give anything a chance! My music taste can get pretty weird though lol.

Anyways, Ghost in the Shell is like a science fiction show/movie that came out back in the 90s I believe. Personally, I like the tv show (Stand Alone Complex) better then the original movie. Ghost in the Shell is awesome though!
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Grunt on April 27, 2018, 05:37:55 PM

Steam Powered Giraffe is pretty great! Known about them for awhile. Have you seen this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw&list=PL_WcN4ixUof4faH-h5AtibM68BRJJ9DwV&index=23&t=0s

Its great!
  •  

Grunt

Quote from: TicTac on April 27, 2018, 07:34:12 PM
Steam Powered Giraffe is pretty great! Known about them for awhile. Have you seen this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojYK6CW8gdw&list=PL_WcN4ixUof4faH-h5AtibM68BRJJ9DwV&index=23&t=0s

Its great!
I have! I have been binging them all day :D

This one cheers me up a lot. So does Malfunction.

•  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 27, 2018, 07:30:08 PM
Thanks! I like to think I am awesome...maybe lol.

Yeah, Two Steps From Hell is pretty great! Most people (I could be wrong) are into more mainstream stuff and anything outside of that tends to get shunned. Personally I love all kinds of music and I am willing to give anything a chance! My music taste can get pretty weird though lol.

Anyways, Ghost in the Shell is like a science fiction show/movie that came out back in the 90s I believe. Personally, I like the tv show (Stand Alone Complex) better then the original movie. Ghost in the Shell is awesome though!

There is the one contributing factor to the soundtrack industry genre of music though. Typically they don't WANT their music to become widely known because as soon as a tune is recognizable your attention becomes on that rather than on the mood it is creating for you. Kinda bites, but I was fortunate enough to be brought into it by my cousin many years ago. It seems like a genre you need to get invited into XD It's our secret society of music.

Ps. I recognize the movie after googling it, I just never saw it though. I wish I had the time I used to where I could just watch any show I wanted to whenever I wanted. Things are busy for me right now :(

•  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 27, 2018, 07:34:12 PM

That is a very interesting style they have. As a film student I have to get upset that it's all shot in the exact same location but whatever XD
As a human, I found it interesting. I thought that guy playing the guitar did the best job on acting robotic, and he's actually playing an instrument unlike the others! So good talent on him.

•  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

SiobhánF

Nostalgic version (Trevor Something):

The Original:
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 27, 2018, 08:13:53 PM

There is the one contributing factor to the soundtrack industry genre of music though. Typically they don't WANT their music to become widely known because as soon as a tune is recognizable your attention becomes on that rather than on the mood it is creating for you. Kinda bites, but I was fortunate enough to be brought into it by my cousin many years ago. It seems like a genre you need to get invited into XD It's our secret society of music.

Ps. I recognize the movie after googling it, I just never saw it though. I wish I had the time I used to where I could just watch any show I wanted to whenever I wanted. Things are busy for me right now :(

I think you are pretty awesome as well actually!

A secret society for great music? That sounds amazing lol. I suppose that makes sense as to why they do not want their music to become super popular.

Yeah the Steam Powered Giraffe guys have some pretty interesting moves lol. That is pretty cool that you are a film student though!

That is ok! Most adults are pretty busy with life stuff so whateves. You should check it out when you get the chance though!
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Grunt on April 27, 2018, 07:55:44 PM
I have! I have been binging them all day :D

This one cheers me up a lot. So does Malfunction.

Yeah they are pretty great!
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 28, 2018, 01:11:34 PM
Yeah the Steam Powered Giraffe guys have some pretty interesting moves lol. That is pretty cool that you are a film student though!

Yeah, but thanks for posting that song because it was that one that really sparked my interest in them!
Thanks too @Grunt for starting that conversation!
I spent last night just binging as many of their songs and videos as I could. Just found something about them that I really loved, and wonder why I never heard of them before :(
I love their creativity, humor, and steam punk style. And I found bunny to be hugely inspiring to me. So yeah, that post really got me interested in them so thanks!

Ps. yes, I am graduating next month with a degree in video production. So if you need a video you call me :p

•  

TicTac

I love Dead Master! If I could cosplay as anyone it would be her! Oh yeah, she is from an OVA called black rock shooter if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLjezFtHZQ&list=PL_WcN4ixUof4faH-h5AtibM68BRJJ9DwV&index=31

Music? Anime? why not both lol. Love AMVs!
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 28, 2018, 01:18:54 PM
Yeah, but thanks for posting that song because it was that one that really sparked my interest in them!
Thanks too @Grunt for starting that conversation!
I spent last night just binging as many of their songs and videos as I could. Just found something about them that I really loved, and wonder why I never heard of them before :(
I love their creativity, humor, and steam punk style. And I found bunny to be hugely inspiring to me. So yeah, that post really got me interested in them so thanks!

Ps. yes, I am graduating next month with a degree in video production. So if you need a video you call me :p

Oh wow that is awesome! I am glad you liked them!

That is pretty great that you are graduating! I will make sure to keep you in mind  :)
  •  

Evienne

I'm gonna post something different here because I'm building a set for a video shoot and I'm playing some Tchaikovsky at the moment and boy oh boy am I feeling in a good mood right now  :icon_joy: :eusa_boohoo:

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 28, 2018, 03:02:39 PM
I'm gonna post something different here because I'm building a set for a video shoot and I'm playing some Tchaikovsky at the moment and boy oh boy am I feeling in a good mood right now  :icon_joy: :eusa_boohoo:

A video shoot? that sounds pretty cool!

Tchaikovsky always makes me feel super calm lol.

I always thought Waltz of the Flowers was pretty good.
  •