Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 28, 2018, 04:24:15 PM
A video shoot? that sounds pretty cool!
Tchaikovsky always makes me feel super calm lol.
I always thought Waltz of the Flowers was pretty good.

:D Yay! another Tchaikovsky fan <3 It's a huge debate with me on if he or Wagner is my favorite classical composer.
I have such a fun idea for a video for Waltz of the Flowers. Maybe one day I'll make it. I currently wasn't doing anything THAT incredibly unique. Just getting some shots for a title sequence I'm making. The challenge is all I have for gear is a C100mkii, a Fellix can light, and a bounce disk. Just throwing stuff together I can find in my house with my creativity and knowledge to make it look as cinematic as I can with just that :p I think it went pretty well.

But back to Tchaikovsky, my fav song from him is Capriccio Italien and of course Marche Slave!
I recently actually made a kinetic type lyric video to the last 3.5 minutes of his 1812 Overture too XD Just turned sounds into words.

But idk your thoughts on Wagner, but my favorite song from him is Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral. I kinda consider it the most beautiful piece of music I know. Learned about it in band camp in the summer of my 11th grade. We played it there and instead of a harp they had a huge half a million dollar pipe organ they played on and oh my God the goosebumps of being right in the middle of the sound playing it. It was one of the greatest feelings I've felt and I can't describe it. One of those things I'd do anything to live through again.

(hey this was my 400th post, and it's post number 500 to the topic. Illuminati!
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 28, 2018, 05:54:06 PM
:D Yay! another Tchaikovsky fan <3 It's a huge debate with me on if he or Wagner is my favorite classical composer.
I have such a fun idea for a video for Waltz of the Flowers. Maybe one day I'll make it. I currently wasn't doing anything THAT incredibly unique. Just getting some shots for a title sequence I'm making. The challenge is all I have for gear is a C100mkii, a Fellix can light, and a bounce disk. Just throwing stuff together I can find in my house with my creativity and knowledge to make it look as cinematic as I can with just that :p I think it went pretty well.

But back to Tchaikovsky, my fav song from him is Capriccio Italien and of course Marche Slave!
I recently actually made a kinetic type lyric video to the last 3.5 minutes of his 1812 Overture too XD Just turned sounds into words.

But idk your thoughts on Wagner, but my favorite song from him is Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral. I kinda consider it the most beautiful piece of music I know. Learned about it in band camp in the summer of my 11th grade. We played it there and instead of a harp they had a huge half a million dollar pipe organ they played on and oh my God the goosebumps of being right in the middle of the sound playing it. It was one of the greatest feelings I've felt and I can't describe it. One of those things I'd do anything to live through again.

(hey this was my 400th post, and it's post number 500 to the topic. Illuminati!

I hope you do make that Waltz of The Flowers video someday because that would be awesome! Also, creating a title sequence sounds like a lot of fun actually! Like a saying I just found goes, it's not the equipment that makes an interesting picture, it's the person behind the box that makes it work. Not sure if that saying works for film, but it is worth the shot lol.

That Kinetic Typography lyric video sounds pretty interesting lol. You should totally share it on YouTube!

I have not heard of Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, but I am glad you shared because it is really beautiful. Huh, this is really great to be honest! I am not just saying that either! Also, a half million dollar pipe organ? That sounds literally amazing to be honest haha. That sounds like a wonderful experience. Lucky you  :)

Illuminati indeed lol.

•  

Lady Love

Been listening to Acid Rap by Chance lately. Phenomenal album that I am still learning about.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

•  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 28, 2018, 10:50:50 PM
Like a saying I just found goes, it's not the equipment that makes an interesting picture, it's the person behind the box that makes it work. Not sure if that saying works for film, but it is worth the shot lol.

That Kinetic Typography lyric video sounds pretty interesting lol. You should totally share it on YouTube!

I have not heard of Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, but I am glad you shared because it is really beautiful.
It for sure applies to film! Anyone can buy a $10,000 camera and still produce a crappy video if they don't know what they're doing. Ok, not anyone. I certainly can't afford that XD. I could before I started school but not now. Anyways, yes more gear and more expensive equipment will result in a higher quality image, but really what's more important is are you using what you have to create something interesting that tells a story. Which is why more skilled people can make something cinematic and interesting on an iPhone.

I'm actually kinda sad that Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral isn't more known. Like I've noticed anywhere where I see a Wagner playlist that I listen to, they never have that one on it. I don't know why. It's such a great piece of music.

Via your request:

PS. Gustav Holstd, good girl :p
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 29, 2018, 12:18:40 AM
It for sure applies to film! Anyone can buy a $10,000 camera and still produce a crappy video if they don't know what they're doing. Ok, not anyone. I certainly can't afford that XD. I could before I started school but not now. Anyways, yes more gear and more expensive equipment will result in a higher quality image, but really what's more important is are you using what you have to create something interesting that tells a story. Which is why more skilled people can make something cinematic and interesting on an iPhone.

I'm actually kinda sad that Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral isn't more known. Like I've noticed anywhere where I see a Wagner playlist that I listen to, they never have that one on it. I don't know why. It's such a great piece of music.

PS. Gustav Holstd, good girl :p

Wait, wait, wait....wait is that your YouTube channel? Also, that video was super great and well made/done. Did you create the video? Either way it was really fun to watch! Thank you for sharing! If that is your channel then I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to it. I just want to  be supportive in someway I guess because I think you are cool and nice and...I am so nervous right now lol.

ANYWAYS lol I am just as surprised that Procession to the Cathedral is not that well known either because it is pretty great.

Wow a $10,000 camera? Well, like you basically said it is the person behind the camera that matters!

So yeah, awesome video!
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM
Wait, wait, wait....wait is that your YouTube channel? Also, that video was super great and well made/done. Did you create the video? Either way it was really fun to watch! Thank you for sharing! If that is your channel then I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to it. I just want to  be supportive in someway I guess because I think you are cool and nice and...I am so nervous right now lol.

ANYWAYS lol I am just as surprised that Procession to the Cathedral is not that well known either because it is pretty great.

Wow a $10,000 camera? Well, like you basically said it is the person behind the camera that matters!

So yeah, awesome video!

Yes, that is my channel that I just made recently in school. I don't really publicly announce it much cuz I haven't come out over there yet so...seeing how that goes. But I mean why would you need my permission to subscribe? XD I don't care. It would be helpful more so. But yes, I made that video completely from scratch. Hand made all 840+ layers in After Effects. Animated everything. Only thing I didn't do was compose the song. But why are you nervous??? 0.o

I mean most top end cameras like the Red series are at the very least $10,000. Typically Hollywood is using those kind of cameras. They can shoot 8k footage too :p
And then if you really wanna be crazy you can get a Phantom camera which are typically just for special usage if you need extremely slow motion. The SlowmoGuys, or Mythbusters use those. If a movie needs it, Hollywood will use them too. They shoot thousands of frames per second so you can see a bullet move across space. They typically cost around $100,000 :p
And we're just talking about the cameras. There's all the gear that goes with them, the attachments, lenses, tripods, dollys, lights, location fees, paying crew and actors, set design, renting studio, etc. There's a reason blockbusters cost millions of dollars :p

But anyways, music. Yup.....woo.
That Passanger song I heard prior to you posting it when I was looking into them btw.

•  

Lady Love

Good on ya! I have a degree in illustration, and even i think animator are crazy xD that a butt-ton of work but it looks great! I subscribed too

•  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Evienne

Quote from: Lady Love on April 29, 2018, 04:58:07 PM
Good on ya! I have a degree in illustration, and even i think animator are crazy xD that a butt-ton of work but it looks great! I subscribed too

Well thanks. Honestly, creating illustrations is a little bit on the end of my weaker skills. I mean I can do it, but you're probably much better than me at it. My friend in school is pretty good at it though. You'd be like the kind of person who would make the characters for me and then I'd be the person who would animate them for you.
:o
Lets make a cartoon!

•  

Lady Love

Quote from: Sam314 on April 29, 2018, 05:35:55 PM
Well thanks. Honestly, creating illustrations is a little bit on the end of my weaker skills. I mean I can do it, but you're probably much better than me at it. My friend in school is pretty good at it though. You'd be like the kind of person who would make the characters for me and then I'd be the person who would animate them for you.
:o
Lets make a cartoon!
Hey now! I mean that sounds cool. I want to be in youtube eventually too, doing lets play, drawing, and that sorta stuff with my SO. But it sounds like it could be fun! Tell me if you have any ideas or the like. Lately I have just been drawing flowers to deal with coming out, spring and all xD

•  

Evienne

Quote from: Lady Love on April 29, 2018, 05:43:40 PM
Hey now! I mean that sounds cool. I want to be in youtube eventually too, doing lets play, drawing, and that sorta stuff with my SO. But it sounds like it could be fun! Tell me if you have any ideas or the like. Lately I have just been drawing flowers to deal with coming out, spring and all xD
Technically I did have an idea for a cartoon for I think 2 years now for Dark Souls 3 but it would be a huge project. It would probably take over a year to finish because I don't have all the free time in the world. But always thought it would be cool to have an illustrator make the characters for me and then I took care of the rest. But, if you were for real more curious about it we should talk in PM cuz that's way off topic.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 29, 2018, 04:41:24 PM
Yes, that is my channel that I just made recently in school. I don't really publicly announce it much cuz I haven't come out over there yet so...seeing how that goes. But I mean why would you need my permission to subscribe? XD I don't care. It would be helpful more so. But yes, I made that video completely from scratch. Hand made all 840+ layers in After Effects. Animated everything. Only thing I didn't do was compose the song. But why are you nervous??? 0.o

I mean most top end cameras like the Red series are at the very least $10,000. Typically Hollywood is using those kind of cameras. They can shoot 8k footage too :p
And then if you really wanna be crazy you can get a Phantom camera which are typically just for special usage if you need extremely slow motion. The SlowmoGuys, or Mythbusters use those. If a movie needs it, Hollywood will use them too. They shoot thousands of frames per second so you can see a bullet move across space. They typically cost around $100,000 :p
And we're just talking about the cameras. There's all the gear that goes with them, the attachments, lenses, tripods, dollys, lights, location fees, paying crew and actors, set design, renting studio, etc. There's a reason blockbusters cost millions of dollars :p

But anyways, music. Yup.....woo.
That Passanger song I heard prior to you posting it when I was looking into them btw.

So I read your entire reply, but I feel bad about taking over the thread and talking about stuff as it was made to share music you are listing to and yeah. On a side note though (lol) I finished watching that show last night. I will let you know what I thought about it (you asked) later on tonight if you want. You know, I am not sure why I am nervous actually lol.

The Passenger was the first Siouxsie and the banshees song that I discovered back when I was 17. They are so cool! I like pretty much every song they have made.
  •  

Evienne

Quote from: TicTac on April 29, 2018, 06:24:36 PM
So I read your entire reply, but I feel bad about taking over the thread and talking about stuff as it was made to share music you are listing to
I'm sorry I got us off topic :(
Let me make it up to you all with a personal favorite my friend introduced me to:
(skip the first 50 seconds)

•  

Lady Love

Here is some more music! Lets get lost by chet baker. Lately, i have been getting lost in myself.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Sam314 on April 29, 2018, 07:13:59 PM
I'm sorry I got us off topic :(
Let me make it up to you all with a personal favorite my friend introduced me to:
(skip the first 50 seconds)

It is funny BUT it's not a bad cover either. I wonder if it really is a cigarette he is using or something else lol.
  •  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

TicTac

Quote from: Lady Love on April 29, 2018, 08:54:50 PM
Here is some more music! Lets get lost by chet baker. Lately, i have been getting lost in myself.

Do you mean like daydreaming? Because I do that quite a bit especially when I am bored out of my mind. Sigh, if only life was more exciting but oh well. Also, that is a great song!
  •  

TicTac

Huh, I was able to fall asleep while this song was on almost full blast in my headphones. Probably not a great idea and I mean it was an accident anyways. I am sorry ears :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYxqLx50EhY&list=PL_WcN4ixUof4faH-h5AtibM68BRJJ9DwV&index=27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxplhJA-GbE&index=18&list=PL_WcN4ixUof4faH-h5AtibM68BRJJ9DwV

The blood in that first video is more like black stuff, so not technically blood. Anyways, I hope it is not against the rules. If so then please remove this entire comment.
  •