Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

SiobhánF

Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

SiobhánF

•  

DustKitten

Excellent choices, today and yesterday. 8)

•  

SiobhánF

•  

DustKitten

Ooh, I really like that one.

Have a spooky October, everybody!

•  

ChrissyRyan

"I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman."  Britney Spears, 2001.  On the "Britney" album.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sonja

Dope : Debonaire  ( as heard on The Fast and the Furious )
Sonja.

•  

Sonja

The Cult : Sweet Soul Sister.
Sonja.

•  

DustKitten

Don't forget to change the video speed to 2 on this one. :) It distorts the piano.

•  

RabbitSpectre

:icon_censored: not for kids

Rabbit Junk - Clock That Pretty Killer

•  

DustKitten

:icon_anger: I already liked Rabbit Junk, I just didn't know they were riot grrl-related. You can't just tease with that "I'm always neck deep in bands most people have never heard of" stuff and not give me a decent list!!!

I actually hadn't heard either of those songs though :icon_headfones: and I didn't know they were in favor of animal rights, so thanks for sharing.

This is my favorite thread on the site atm; please do stay. I'll be posting goth-y Halloween stuff for the rest of the month.
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: DustKitten on October 04, 2018, 04:28:54 PM
:icon_anger: I already liked Rabbit Junk, I just didn't know they were riot grrl-related. You can't just tease with that "I'm always neck deep in bands most people have never heard of" stuff and not give me a decent list!!!

I actually hadn't heard either of those songs though :icon_headfones: and I didn't know they were in favor of animal rights, so thanks for sharing.

This is my favorite thread on the site atm; please do stay. I'll be posting goth-y Halloween stuff for the rest of the month.

<3 For sure! So happy someone else here knows who they are. Of course! Jen 'Sum Grrrl's' whole background is in riot girl. One thing about Rabbit Junk, is they are always different, while still keeping a signature sound.

Hahaha, definitely. :) Those lists could take forever to compile, so you'll have to be specific, but I'll pm you some stuff from different areas, like riot girl and and melodic hardcore sometime soon, and you can dial in what you're looking for. :) We should definitely chat.

And, to stay on topic,

Polaris - Crooked Path (mentioned before but never posted a video)

•  

Colleen_definitely

I love Kimberly's voice and wow I wish I had hair like that.  I totally dig the David Gilmour-esque guitar solo in Rust...
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Sonja

Alice Cooper : House of Fire
Sonja.

•  

SiobhánF

Quote from: RabbitSpectre on October 04, 2018, 04:23:17 AM
:icon_censored: not for kids

Rabbit Junk - Clock That Pretty Killer

Hey, a fellow Rabbit junk fan. I love their music. Can't decide which of their songs is my favorite. It's a toss up between "Break Shins To This," "What Doesn't Kill You Will make You A Killer," and "The Art of Defiance." Nice choice, btw. :)

•  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 05, 2018, 01:46:52 AM
Hey, a fellow Rabbit junk fan. I love their music. Can't decide which of their songs is my favorite. It's a toss up between "Break Shins To This," "What Doesn't Kill You Will make You A Killer," and "The Art of Defiance." Nice choice, btw. :)

Yay! People on my wavelength. <3 RJ is one of my alltime fav bands.

Isn't 'Meditations on Mortality' amazing? :) Check out the new remix album, and the new single 'T-Minus Everything', if you haven't yet. :3

They are SUPER freaking cool people, as well, by the way. If you haven't had a chance to meet them, yet, seriously, go for it, you will not regret it. They are very supportive of our community, as one would expect and there is no false fronts with them at all.

I saw your posts, too! You have pretty good taste. It actually helped me feel more enthused about this forum, so thanks for that. :)

Here's something I think you'll like. ~_^

Michael Markie - Quarantined Viscera
  •