Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustKitten

Naturally :) Here, have another. These two are both similar to Within Temptation, but I like Nightwish WAY more than either of the others. (tbh I'm only posting the Xandria one because it's about vampires and that fits with Halloween :P)

•  

ChrissyRyan

"You Belong With Me," sung by Taylor Swift.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sonja

@DustKitten

Slvmber :Garbage day on youtube led to autoplay this next - and I thought hey not bad!
Sonja.

•  

DustKitten

I love compilations! Come to think of it, I believe I may have found the Garbage Day song on one like this.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The Best Day, sung by Taylor Swift.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

DustKitten

I had hair similar to Jonny Slut's for a little while :) he's the one with the super-fluffy mohawk.

•  

RabbitSpectre

<3 Heaven Shall Burn - Hunters Will Be Hunted <3

#sorrynotsorry #ethicalempiricism #equalrightsisnotdebatable
  •  

Sonja

•  

RabbitSpectre

Nice, Sonja!

Arch Enemy - You Will Know My Name

•  

Sonja

@RabbitSpectre
Arch Enemy - You Will Know My Name !! WOW that chick rocks! Nothing sexier than a girl headbanging! great song and video - checking them out on spotify now, THX!

Sonja.
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: Sonja on October 10, 2018, 06:09:34 AM
@RabbitSpectre
Arch Enemy - You Will Know My Name !! WOW that chick rocks! Nothing sexier than a girl headbanging! great song and video - checking them out on spotify now, THX!

Sonja.

Always happy to introduce people to new music they like! Music is playing 70% of my average day, so I have quite a selection. Alissa is an extremely talented singer.

The band is super freaking cool, as well. People say she's mean, but that's mainly sexist men with crappy opinions who direspected her, and/or focused on her being a girl too much. I like that she's not afraid to speak her mind and doesn't tolerate or validate it.

When I met them in 2016 on tour, the first thing she did she gave me an awesome hug, and was really genuine and personable, asking about me, and encouraging me as a female in my own pursuits. The rest of the band members, being amazingly talented musicians with years of experience, were also super cool and chill and very respectful. <3  If you have a chance to see them at a show, I definitely recommend it.
  •  

DustKitten

:o I think we've unleashed Sonja's dark side upon the world. What have we done?!?!?
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: DustKitten on October 10, 2018, 05:35:16 PM
:o I think we've unleashed Sonja's dark side upon the world. What have we done?!?!?
@DustKitten  HAHA - I have a very eclectic mix of music, from movie sountracks all the way through to death metal, but loud & energetic is my favourite. But my darkside is definitely broadening lately!! Thx
Sonja.
One of my favourite bands : Sepultura : Dead embyonic cells
  •  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

cassiebythesea

Quote from: Sonja on October 10, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
@DustKitten  HAHA - I have a very eclectic mix of music, from movie sountracks all the way through to death metal, but loud & energetic is my favourite. But my darkside is definitely broadening lately!! Thx
Sonja.

I've found a ton of people have super eclectic tastes, but it never seems to surface in conversation. Most of my friends are extreme metal musicians, and these are the same guys that'll mix Cannibal Corpse and Phil Collins in the same playlist.

Some days, you need Sutekh Hexen to drown everything out:

Some days you need Missing Persons just because:
  •  

DustKitten

That Sepultura song reminds me a bit of old-school thrash metal.

•  

DustKitten

Ahhh I see, they were an 80s thrash metal band :P silly me, of course they sound that way.

Sutekh Hexen sounds AWESOME! And yes, I agree completely; Collins' cover of "You Can't Hurry Love" is a personal favorite of mine. :D I would NOT put them in the same playlist though. 'Twould be madness!
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: Sonja on October 10, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
Sonja.

XD XD XD Hahaha, dark side? Hardly, weve begun to unleash Sonja the Bad@$$!!!!!

Welcome to the club, girl  :icon_pistoles: :icon_rockon:

"Oooooh, what is this fresh bad@$$ness I smell! Hi there, girl! Deadpool, here! You can call me Deadie, though ;) Or Iedead, or Poolpool. Hmmm, not sure I like that last one. Oh! I'm besties with RabbitSpectre. Well, there was that one time that she tried to kill me for 7 days straight when I posed on a bear skin rug. (lesson learned!) But heeey! water under the bridge! SO! Sonja, once you get a costume and a few outings under your belt, Join X-Force! I have theeeee PARFEKT welcoming cake idea, where in order to cut pieces for everyone you have to slice through the gender binary and societiy's bs, ooh! and maybe a pinata stuffed with vegan sweets of Cable in a chocolate filled space diaper. <3 :D"

;D Sorry, he does that. XD Hey! Go back to your lair and finish that painting you promised me of Vegan Black Metal Chef mudwrestling Butters on the front lawn of a house made of puked rainbows and contemplated skittles. I need something new for my suit-up room wall. Or I'm not making Cheerychangas for Team Spirit night!

Woo, that seemed to work. ;D

Heaven Shall Burn - Valhalla

•