Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa89125

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Stressed Out      as sung by twenty one pilots, on the Blurryface album, 2015, alternative rock
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: dee82 on December 13, 2018, 12:16:02 AM
Hi Natalie, are you a fan of NGE? I never expected to see that track here.

~Dee.
Oh yes and you are also it seems using either Faye from Cowboy Bebop or Misato. Which of course is who I had as my avatar before posting an older photo of me.

It's funny because I can relate to her. I'm professionally accomplished and also pretty handy with a 40mm full frame pistol too and yet a complete screw up on a personal level.

I was actually planning to purchase a costume of her outfit and use it for Halloween next year.
  •  

dee82

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 15, 2018, 08:11:57 PM
Oh yes and you are also it seems using either Faye from Cowboy Bebop or Misato. Which of course is who I had as my avatar before posting an older photo of me.

It's funny because I can relate to her. I'm professionally accomplished and also pretty handy with a 40mm full frame pistol too and yet a complete screw up on a personal level.

I was actually planning to purchase a costume of her outfit and use it for Halloween next year.

That would be a great costume. It's Misato. That anime changed my life. Not in a concrete way that I can describe, but on a metaphysical level everytime I watch it I feel like I am opened to new experiences and ways of thinking. Misato and Ritsuko are my messed up (fictional) heroes.

Cowboy Bebop is cool too, but not nearly as much as Evangelion.
  •  

Lisa89125

•  

dee82

•  

Lisa89125

•  

ChrissyRyan

"Can't Shake You"    as performed by Gloriana
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lisa89125

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: dee82 on December 15, 2018, 10:18:26 PM
That would be a great costume. It's Misato. That anime changed my life. Not in a concrete way that I can describe, but on a metaphysical level everytime I watch it I feel like I am opened to new experiences and ways of thinking. Misato and Ritsuko are my messed up (fictional) heroes.

Cowboy Bebop is cool too, but not nearly as much as Evangelion.
Thanks I'll share my photo as soon as I'm able to wear it without looking fat. Probably around April or May.

I was in college when I discovered it. Back in the day I had a few music videos I made with it using Korn's Trash, Make Me Bad, Falling away From Me and Three Days Grace's Animal I've Become and Riot.

It was a dark period for me but I was really impressed with how she handled herself and in many ways she's a role model for coming to terms with strength, brains and authority but not having to be some sort of robot or impersonal mute.
  •  

Lisa89125

•  

Lisa89125

•  

ChrissyRyan

"Uptown Girl"     As sung by Billy Joel
  •  

dee82

SuperChic[k]

These two songs are a really important part of my trans journey.

•  

dee82

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 17, 2018, 02:45:48 PM
Thanks I'll share my photo as soon as I'm able to wear it without looking fat. Probably around April or May.

I was in college when I discovered it. Back in the day I had a few music videos I made with it using Korn's Trash, Make Me Bad, Falling away From Me and Three Days Grace's Animal I've Become and Riot.

It was a dark period for me but I was really impressed with how she handled herself and in many ways she's a role model for coming to terms with strength, brains and authority but not having to be some sort of robot or impersonal mute.

You made AMV's! Great goal for the cosplay, will patiently wait.

NGE has such interesting roles for women in the story.

~Dee.
  •  

Lisa89125

•  

NatalieRene

Quote from: dee82 on December 18, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
You made AMV's! Great goal for the cosplay, will patiently wait.

NGE has such interesting roles for women in the story.

~Dee.
Yes it did. It proved that woman can offer more then being a Mom and that woman can be intelligent and strong. This coming off of playing Xenogears several years earlier which was another awesome piece of art that was thought provoking.

Yes I did. I was using G5 machines in the computer lab with Final Cut Pro 4 and Pro Tools at Savannah College of Art & Design. It's actually how I got so hooked on Macs even though I could not afford one of my own for many years later.

Another project for sound design was to dub sound effects over a scene of a movie. I chose Blade Runner when Rick Dekard was hunting Pris and mixed it up with Marilyn Manson's Apple of Sodom. I added in some effects and played up the storm. It worked on many levels but ultimately it was me struggling with myself.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The Best Day,    as sung by Taylor Swift.
  •  

GingerVicki

Marilyn Manson Running to the Edge of the World
  •  

Lisa89125

•