News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 27, 2019, 11:24:33 AM

There is just something powerful about it.

One of the BEST series ever!
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 27, 2019, 11:31:31 AM
One of the BEST series ever!
It's because all this has happened before and all this will happen again.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 27, 2019, 11:36:44 AM
It's because all this has happened before and all this will happen again.

:icon_yes:
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Kristy Lee Cook on American Idol, God Bless the USA

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Whitney Houston           Greatest Love of All

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Colleen_definitely

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

big kim

•  

ChrissyRyan

Hilary Duff    sings   What Dreams are Made of

•  

ChrissyRyan

Ariana Grande  sings  7 Rings

•  

transspoonie

Reach Out To The Truth from Persona 4 (or at least the first 30 seconds of it, ad nauseam, as my spouse speed-runs through combat ::))

•  

big kim

•  

GingerVicki

•  

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Entropic Variable

Quote from: SiobhánF on October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM
Just thought I'd start a new thread where we can share what we're listening to with each other.  :) I'll start it off.

Hello Siobhán!  What a FANTASTIC idea!  :)  :)  :)

...Even though I'm obviously a couple of years late to the party at this point.   ;)

There's such a wonderfully diverse range of tastes here, and so much great new & old music to discover!

I absolutely adore Hope Sandoval, and have since the early 90s.  Her songs are still a huge chunk of my iPod shuffle playlist to this day...

Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions "Feeling of Gaze"
Bavarian Fruit Bread 2001

Massive Attack featuring Hope Sandoval "The Spoils"
The Spoils 2016 (Cate Blanchett is the woman in the video.)

Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions "Treasure"
Until The Hunter 2016

"It's chaos.  Be kind." – Michelle McNamara, American freelance writer (1970-2016)

My Story
  •  

Entropic Variable

"[Lisa] Gerrard sings many of her songs [...] in idioglossia. With respect to such work she has said, 'I sing in the language of the Heart. It's an invented language that I've had for a very long time. I believe I started singing in it when I was about 12. Roughly that time. And I believed that I was speaking to God when I sang in that language.'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Gerrard
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idioglossia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Can_Dance

Dead Can Dance "Summoning Of The Muse"
Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun 1987

Dead Can Dance "As The Bell Rings The Maypole Spins"
Aion 1990

Dead Can Dance "Anabasis"
Anastasis 2012

"It's chaos.  Be kind." – Michelle McNamara, American freelance writer (1970-2016)

My Story
  •  

big kim

•  

Entropic Variable

In case you aren't familiar with Hedwig and the Angry Inch, it's probably worth mentioning that this story is NOT about a transsexual woman, even though it's presented as if it is.  What it's really about is one gay man's journey to finding self-acceptance after a very lengthy detour.

However, "Hedwig" is a beautifully crafted film that explores gender and identity in an absolutely fearless and delightfully refreshing way.  It's hilarious and deeply moving, and the fantastic soundtrack by Stephen Trask and John Cameron Mitchell is simply wonderful.

Absolutely worth seeing for absolutely everyone, IMHO.

;)

~EV~

John Cameron Mitchell as Hedwig  "Wicked Little Town (Hedwig Version)"
Clip from Hedwig and the Angry Inch 2001

Hedwig and the Angry Inch Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2001
14 Track Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4e45w6UyA4&list=PL5GUv9oMFrsQ6mT7JJ01s3hwS3ncLz-Eh

My Story
  •