Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Michelle, gcs  date in three months, wow. Kinda like things are beginning to get real really quickly. Good luck!

Anne
  •  

josie76

04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Laurie

Congratulations Michelle,

Should I begin planning another road trip?  Naw, you all know I don't do things like that. I just decide to hop in my truck and go when it feels right. Be fore warned... it could happen....

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Michelle!!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

It's sort of mind boggling. I'd been primed by the various medical providers and therapists to expect a date out a year or more. To have the surgeons walk in after I was dressed and say, "How does October 20 sound?"  Well, this just blew my mind. 

So, I'm out at Original Joe's in North Beach celebrating.

Wheeee!

I only ate half the hamburger, so I can have dessert.   La Bombolina, affogato with Italian doughnuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on July 19, 2017, 07:50:45 PM
Congratulations Michelle,

Should I begin planning another road trip?  Naw, you all know I don't do things like that. I just decide to hop in my truck and go when it feels right. Be fore warned... it could happen....

Hugs,
    Laurie
Hey, you're always welcome here. I might be really boring to be around right after surgery, though.  I'd suggest coming before or a few months after, and you can have the sofa bed, and I can give you the Grand Tour, maybe a Diablo Valley Girls meet up or dinner, visit the Castro District. You know, the usual.   [emoji78]

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 19, 2017, 09:04:24 PM
Hey, you're always welcome here. I might be really boring to be around right after surgery, though.  I'd suggest coming before or a few months after, and you can have the sofa bed, and I can give you the Grand Tour, maybe a Diablo Valley Girls meet up or dinner, visit the Castro District. You know, the usual.   [emoji78]

A sofa would be just fine, no need to make it into a bed. It's an upgrade over my front seat in the truck. The back seat is usually full. But then next trip I probably won't need the plug in cooler or the virtually unused bag of male clothes.  72 hours notice huh? That's almost making a plan. Not sure I can do that.

We'll have to see.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on July 19, 2017, 09:38:44 PM
72 hours notice huh? That's almost making a plan. Not sure I can do that.

;)  I was teasing about that.  Your need to be spontaneous was sort of obvious.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 19, 2017, 11:26:35 PM
;)  I was teasing about that.  Your need to be spontaneous was sort of obvious.

LMAO It should have been. I think I made it as plain as I could. I try not to be tied to a "plan".  Oh I can work with people that need them when I have to, but it's not my preferred modis operandi.  You know, like doctors and electrologists and such.

•  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 19, 2017, 05:56:30 PM
I'm in the waiting area at Kaiser SF Medical Center just calming down.

I had my initial meeting with Doctors Thomas and Selim to discuss my gender confirmation surgery. This is the medical procedure that brings my body in line with my gender identity.

The visit includes a discussion of the procedure, and an exam by the surgeons of the surgical site. They did ask when I would like the procedure done, and I indicated that any time or opening would be fine.

Doctor Thomas asked a variety of questions both on general health and on my prep work.  No issues were found during the exam.

And, they had an opening on the surgical schedule that I can have.

My GCS will be done on October 20, 2017.

[emoji4]

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Michelle, so happy you will join the graduating class of 2017.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Steph Eigen

Great to hear, more progress.

Steph
  •  

DawnOday

So happy for you Michelle. Glad you made it.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Michelle_P

I mentioned in a post last week that I was at a private event, a sort of shopping evening at a boutique with a local trans support group. The owner had picked something out for me, a LBD (Little Black Dress), a size 10 Tahari sleeveless sheath number.

I can't believe I've gone all this time without a LBD!  I promised I'd post it. Here it is.

•  

davina61

very smart, well done roll on October (that's when I plan to start RLE ) so double celebrations
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

SadieBlake

Looks great! I envy you that slender frame :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 22, 2017, 02:59:06 PM
I mentioned in a post last week that I was at a private event, a sort of shopping evening at a boutique with a local trans support group. The owner had picked something out for me, a LBD (Little Black Dress), a size 10 Tahari sleeveless sheath number.

I can't believe I've gone all this time without a LBD!  I promised I'd post it. Here it is.

That looks good on you as does that big smile. It is always nice to see others able to smile. It's something we seem to find hard to do much of. Anyway love the smile and the LBD.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 22, 2017, 02:59:06 PM

Very flattering, Michelle! Shows off your new curves pretty nicely.
  •  

Michelle_P

I just opened my mail. I thought this would be a bill, but my old endocrinologist wanted to share the Radiology report with me.

The report is very good news, a huge relief for me.

Incidental to some other stuff, the latest scans were sent out to have my little monster, a micro-prolactinoma (adenoma that makes prolactin), evaluated for possible growth.

It hasn't changed in a year, so the growth trigger is gone and the risk is now lower.  There is suspicion that the original trigger might have been my insanely messed up endocrine numbers prior to starting HRT.

(Neat to see Radiology gendering me correctly.  Yay bones...)

•  

Laurie

Congratulations Michelle We all like good news I'm sure it's a relief for you.

Hugs,
   Laurie