Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raell

Hmm..that sounds intriguing.

And removing "church" from the name would make gun-shy, but spiritual people like myself more likely to come over to try it out.

When I move to the US, hopefully this month, it will be to Lexington, KY, though.
  •  

Michelle_P

Electrolysis today.  Two 2 hour sessions with a lunch break in between.

We completed the third clearing at the South Pole in preparation for GCS.  (Mr. Limpy, make your peace.  You have 10 weeks...)

We also cleared (again) the upper lip, lower lip to chin, and much of the right cheek.

I got a quad macchiato afterwards to celebrate and wash a bit of my prescription analgesic out of my system, then came home for a dinner salad.

Now I'm off to our LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 meeting to do a bit of planning and organizing, then I'll come home and fall over unconscious for a few hours.

So, how's retirement?  I've never been busier!   And just think, when I started RLE my therapist was afraid I'd be isolated and holed up in my apartment 24/7.  She wanted me to get a part-time job.  I don't have time for that!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

The past week has been just insanely busy.  I had graphics arts projects to finish off, a large display piece including some of the graphics to assemble, and some considerable teamwork in finishing up the projects.

Then, I have a presentation, "Gender: Beyond the Binary" to write.  I have about two-thirds of it done for an initial draft, and then I have to to do the pacing and rewrite some of my speakers notes.  This one will be given in a facility that seats 260 people.  It will be interesting to see how many actually are there when I do the presentation.

I've also been invited to speak before another group on the subject of transgender veterans, probably a week after the gender presentation. 

I know I haven't been around this site much in the past two weeks.  My apologies, but things have gotten really busy in my life.  Besides all of this, I need to work on preparations for my upcoming GCS and get my support system in place.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Raell

You have amazing focus and energy.
  •  

Jessica Lynne

How much time are you taking off to recooperate,  Michelle?
  •  

Laurie

Hi Michelle,

Calm down girl. Take a deep breath. Breathe in... Breathe out... Breathe in... Breathe out.   There does that feel better? Yes My Dear you have a lot to do. And you have been a bit too quite around here lately and I expect you'll be for a little while more yet. We understand and we will persevere during your reduced presence.
   You will manage to get everything done. This we know. You've shown us some of what you can accomplish in the past and this time will be no different. This is a job for Wonder Woman Michelle_P!!

Go girl go!

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 13, 2017, 11:15:51 PM

Then, I have a presentation, "Gender: Beyond the Binary" to write.  I have about two-thirds of it done for an initial draft, and then I have to to do the pacing and rewrite some of my speakers notes.  This one will be given in a facility that seats 260 people.  It will be interesting to see how many actually are there when I do the presentation.

I've also been invited to speak before another group on the subject of transgender veterans, probably a week after the gender presentation......................................................................... 

What a great opportunity to impart some of the knowledge of yours. I am guessing this is some kind of adult education you are doing? Sounds interesting and I am sure you will do it justice. Good luck and I hope they both go really well...

How is the GCS Prep going?
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ElizabethK on August 14, 2017, 02:09:53 AM
What a great opportunity to impart some of the knowledge of yours. I am guessing this is some kind of adult education you are doing? Sounds interesting and I am sure you will do it justice. Good luck and I hope they both go really well...

How is the GCS Prep going?

Yes, this is an adult education program, part of a series i am working on with friends to educate others about various LGBT issues.  The intent of the first few is to simply provide the vocabulary and dispel basic misconceptions.

The GCS prep is charging ahead.  I'm doing hair removal for that, as required by my surgical team.  The area has been fully cleared three times now, and I'll probably get another 2-3 full clearings in before surgery.  The last clearing took maybe 50 minutes.  We go a few weeks between clearings to allow time for more follicles to enter their active phase, then zap those.

I have several friends volunteering time to help out with my recovery.  There's even a support team from the local UU congregation I can call on if needed.  I'll be using a web site with the ability to list different tasks (Grocery run on Day 3; Transportation for doctor visit on Day 14; etc) that folks can sign up for.  I haven't started gathering supplies yet, but folks who have been here before me have posted their supply lists and I'all be using those plus any information from the surgeons to guide me.

I need to make a few small changes in my apartment to make this work better, no big deal.  I also need to get the lease/rental locked down for a few more months.  My existing lease expires two days after surgery, and I would like to avoid being a homeless postop person!

•  

p

You are a dynamo, Michelle! I hope your presentations and prep continue to go well. There's no shame in canceling a few things, either ;).
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 14, 2017, 09:36:47 AM
................  My existing lease expires two days after surgery, and I would like to avoid being a homeless postop person!
Being out on the street would cause a couple of issues I suspect...not a good look or outcome ;)
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Kendra

...but if anyone could quickly turn that outcome around and make something great of it, that would be Michelle.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Almost time for a hot runthru of my speech for Sunday. New material, new location, fresh audience.

Just to add to the fun, the presentation will be live-streamed on YouTube.

"Gender: Beyond the Binary"
https://m.youtube.com/user/MDUUC

August 20, 2017, 12:00 noon PDT for the live stream.  A recording will go up later.

Just a little more public education...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Drexy/Drex

Looking forward to that 👍😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Hi Michelle,

I hope this audience is far more accepting and open minded  than your last bunch.  Glad to see you not getting discouraged by them and pushing on to the next challenge. I am sure you did a great job last time and that you will do just as well with this one.  Break a leg.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

I got a call yesterday evening from my HMO, to tell me details of my new cancer monitoring and treatment plan.  Skin cancer of several flavors, a lethal nuisance if not monitored, a nuisance with monitoring.  I'll be having my hide checked regularly, and besides the iniquimod surface chemo there will be another round of fluorouracil.  I have some more suspect areas to be evaluated at my next appointment in a couple weeks, one of which I suspect will result in yet another Mohs surgery.

Kids, use sunblock, like, every day, whether or not you think it's needed.  You 50 years from now will thank you.  :-/

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 19, 2017, 10:24:53 AM
I have some more suspect areas to be evaluated at my next appointment in a couple weeks, one of which I suspect will result in yet another Mohs surgery.

Kids, use sunblock, like, every day, whether or not you think it's needed.  You 50 years from now will thank you.  :-/

Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear that your HMO is doing what they can to further insure and treat your brushes with cancer. Bothersome it may be but the alternative is unthinkable. Sorry to hear of the new suspicions too.

I guess I fall into your warnings for kids at almost 65 (3 weeks from today). I never used sun screen and suffered many burns and blistering on my head, nose and ears until I started to employ on of the best sunscreens you can use. Long pants, long sleeve shirts, and a hat. They work. But now that I've decided to let the woman in me come out I confess to a desire to show more skin and develop a bit of a tan. Once again I confess I've been negligent with the sunscreen more often than not.

Hugs,
      Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 19, 2017, 10:24:53 AM

I hope your treatments take care of any issues you have. We have incredibly high skin cancer rates here in Australia. It is part of normal education for Kids in Australia these days "Slip Slop Slap" was the catch cry....My understanding is that our rates are falling as the message is ingrained throughout the community. I hope this turns out well for you...
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

The presentation is done.  Presented.  In the can.  Finished.

Also, on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/mQSRNrYkRd0

40 minutes on gender, including the last 10 on transgender, and about 35 minutes of Q&A, of which about 20 made it to YouTube before the stream failed.  Then there was the hour of one-on-ones once the camera was off...

I'm gonna take a nap.

Edit:  Carol Sue, our A/V guru, got most of the dropped Q&A session saved!

https://youtu.be/Ww5qhq8eLwM

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 20, 2017, 06:51:51 PM
The presentation is done.  Presented.  In the can.  Finished.
Wow, what an excellent presentation, Michelle!  Well done!  Your nap is well-deserved.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Hi Michelle,

I just watched your presentation and you did a very good job. You  are pretty good at doing presentations are you not? It it something you do regularly or just something you are newly getting into doing?
Anyway, Good Job, Michelle I am proud of what you are doing. Thank you.

Hugs,
   Laurie