News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drexy/Drex

Anything but "justify your existence to me in 30 seconds."
If you insist on demanding to know the most intimate details of my life experience, please remember that I Do NOT Owe You An Explanation, and
Great reply for "You look just like a real woman."; "So do you, dear."  ...meow...
[/quote]
😆😂😄👏👍 that's the spirit  !
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on September 12, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
Quote from: Michelle_P on September 12, 2017, 08:05:49 PM
Fortunately I share my residence with a pack of honey badgers.

Honey badger don't give a sh*t.

The best defense is a strong offense: M*k**v*r

Stephanie

Once my loyal team has ensnared that huntress in the booby traps and the silk cords are in place, well...  There's a Sephora only 4 blocks from me, with six window seats in the front of the store where the professional cosmeticians practice their trade.  They'll do a 45 minute full workup for a modest purchase.

And then there's Deja Vu.  I can toss that 'huntress' to the gentle mercies of Kara, Nancy, and Ann.  (Trans-friendly business in the area!)

The suburban wilds are a a most hazardous area to try stalking me in.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 18, 2017, 12:06:01 AM
Once my loyal team has ensnared that huntress in the booby traps and the silk cords are in place, well...  There's a Sephora only 4 blocks from me, with six window seats in the front of the store where the professional cosmeticians practice their trade.  They'll do a 45 minute full workup for a modest purchase.

And then there's Deja Vu.  I can toss that 'huntress' to the gentle mercies of Kara, Nancy, and Ann.  (Trans-friendly business in the area!)

Well, I don't know about "The Huntress," but if I stalk you, would you subject me to that "punishment?" I think I'm about ready; it sounds like so much fun!

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

steph2.0

Hey, I don't think anyone has said anything yet, but I noticed in Susan's latest newsletter (yes, I read every word she sends out) that our humble over-achiever has volunteered for a new responsibility here.

Thank you, Michelle, for taking over as our Wiki editor!

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Hey Michelle, for that kind of punishment I will come stalking as well, please please. Anne
  •  

Michelle_P

Hmmm...  The badgers and I are gonna need a bigger... apartment.

Meanwhile, back on Earth...

I just hit a major transition goal today.  During electrolysis, my electrolyst ran out of hair before the end of the second session.

Ran... out... of... HAIR!   ;D  ;D  ;D

So, home for a quick shower and change, and I am going out to celebrate!

Wheeeee!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Yay Michelle!

Mine told me today I have a lot of hairs above my lip like it was unusual. I think I am going to be seeing her for a long long time
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Michelle_P on September 21, 2017, 01:53:04 AM

Brilliant! I'm laughing in the middle of my office,  people are staring.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

p

Oh my goodness, what a laugh you gave me!!!  :laugh:
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Anne Blake

There you go Michelle, torturing the poor thing. I never really gave mine any warning though I think he had suspicions, one day there and then in some medical incinerator I suppose.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 21, 2017, 03:05:44 PM
There you go Michelle, torturing the poor thing. I never really gave mine any warning though I think he had suspicions, one day there and then in some medical incinerator I suppose.

I'm big on recycling. It's almost all donor tissue for my particular set of procedures. Mostly reconstruction rather than removal, to be done by Drs Selim and Thomas, very experienced doctors in these procedures.

Modified two-stage inversion with only about 30% of the patients wanting to do the second stage. Based on Dr Melzer and Dr Preecha's work. They trained under both.

1st stage results I've seen look great at the 6 month point.  2nd stage typically corrects urination issues and any cosmetic issues, should either arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Anne Blake

Just got the first stage of Dr. Ley's (hopefully based upon Dr. Meltzers procedure) work done ten days ago and way too early to tell by looking but she suggests that with my intentions of staying non penetrative and with no close inspectors I should have no need or desire for the second stage. This works fine with me! Dr.s Ley and Meltzer's second stage is reported to be hooding of the clitoris and creation of inner Labia. Good luck with it all.
  •  

Michelle_P

I just had Sunday brunch with my legal team/daughter visiting from Brooklyn, and her SO. It was the first time he had met Michelle. No issues, so yay!

We had a great time, ate and drank too much, talked for hours, and parted happy and friendly with hugs all around.

Wonderful day!

Oh, the requisite photo.  Here's what I wore to church and brunch:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

p

You look marvelous, and I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice visit with your daughter and her SO.
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Megan.

Great pic Michelle,  looking totally fab. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

Awww...  Thanks!  I thought it made a cute combination. That was a fun brunch, too, although the bottomless champagne is a bit dangerous.

Monday I had another two of the 2 hour electrolysis sessions scheduled.  One hour on bottom clearing, the final pass before surgery, as the surgeon wants no electrolysis down there in the last 3-4 weeks before surgery, and then another whack at the upper lip and lower lip to chin area in the next hour.  Nothing left but fuzz!  In the afternoon, we spent a hour and a half clearing everything else, again, down to nothing but fuzz, tiny little vellous hairs.

The result, once the soreness was iced away and a day had passed, is remarkable.  I keep running my fingers over my face and tearing up a little bit.

I spent Tuesday cleaning house and assembling my shopping list, cases of lube, a few hundred Chux, spray bottles of hydrogen peroxide.  You know, the usual... ;)  Tuesday evening I had a group therapy session.  My recent edginess the last couple of days?  Massive PMS.  Yow!  My admiration for ciswomen kicked up a notch.  I don't see how they get through life without leaving a trail of male corpses behind them every month.

Today I'll be visiting my ex-mother-in-law in her new independent living apartment.  Apparently there is a birthday party for September folks there today, and she wants to attend, and was concerned about me.  I think I'll wear that Tahari black number with the collarless blouse again.  :)

Tomorrow I'm doing a long walk, something I enjoy.  This particular one will take me along the San Francisco Embarcadero, a stop for a Laurie-style steak & eggs breakfast with Irish coffee, along the Marina district out to the Golden Gate Bridge.  I'll cross the bridge to Sausalito, head down a new path to the base of the bridge, then along the waterfront to downtown for dinner and a ferry ride back to San Francisco.  Probably my last chance to do something like this for a while.

Oh, and Friday is National Coffee Day!  Wheeeeee!  I'll be EVERYWHERE!

•  

Michelle_P

The visit with the ex-mother-in-law went off without a hitch.  Absolutely no issues with staff or other residents, and as far as anyone was concerned I was a friend.  There was an awkward question about how we had met.  "Oh, I was in college..." True, irrelevant, but effective.  I was in college, and dating her daughter...  :). I didn't mention THAT.  The little birthday party was cute. 

I did my long walk today.  About 23,000 steps, 10 miles.

The Long Walk

This was a pretty neat experience.  I haven't done this in a few decades, and not running my new endocrine system.  It looks like I still can do it!

The bad news this week was that on Monday and Tuesday I thought the damn depression was back.  I couldn't figure out why, but I was acting irritated and a bit crazy towards others, attacking my best friend, and generally being self-destructive.  I found myself worrying that the suicidal urge might be about to return as well, and tried to spend Tuesday in the middle of crowds to help with that.  (A coping mechanism I had to resort to when I first crashed and was forced to come out.)

A discussion with my therapist Tuesday evening revealed the real culprit.  I recently had to stop estradiol prior to surgery, and my system was reacting to the sudden drop in E level from puberty to zero with a blast of massive PMS!

This is PMS?  Yow!  My admiration for ciswomen has risen enormously.  How they manage to go through life without leaving a trail of male corpses behind them every month is a measure of the immense self-control that they must have learned.

Now that I know what it is and what to look out for, I am doing better.  That was scary, though.

•  

Laurie

Hi Michelle,

Ten miles is quite a walk. The best I'm managed in recent history was a bit over seven and it cost me several days of bruised feet. I hope the walk was scenic and very pleasurable. If it wasn't then I question anyone's motives for doing a long walk. I have fond memories of a long walk I made when I was in the boy scouts in Hawaii. A good number of us started out from the church we met at in the pre dawn hours to take a stroll across the island of Oahu and back.  Five of us, including our scout master, finished that walk. We walked 50 miles in under 20 hours. All of the scouts last names began with "W" We thought that was so cool. There were some good memories from my boyhood this is one of them.
  I am sorry you had that rough spot with your lack of hormones and glad it didn't get worse before you found out what was causing it. I know how you must have felt.

Thanks for the update and keep on making progress to that special day.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis