Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Great see and here you feeling good.  X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Angela Drakken

This is great news to come back to..!
AMG that grin!
:icon_dance: :icon_dance:
  •  

SadieBlake

You look great Michelle!! Huggles
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

V M

Congrats Michelle, glad you are doing well  :icon_chick:

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks!  Today marks exactly one year of living full time as my authentic self, as well as about 18 months on HRT.

Overall this has been the happiest year of my adult life.

Now, here I lay, outie changed to innie.  It's been one heck of a ride.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

So happy for you...Hope you are feeling Ok  ;)
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

p

Happy 1 year full-time--what an amazing anniversary to be celebrating as you are post-op from your GCS. Truly a delight to see your smiling face and to hear that all is going well. I hope you have a restful recuperation. 
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Looking good  Michelle  ! Well done 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Have a great day today Michelle. Don't over do it and heal properly. The world can wait another day for your Debut.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

I had been bothered by nausea and cramps yesterday.  I'm doing much better today, and all the IV lines are disconnected.   

It turns out that my nausea was a reaction to the morphine drip, so with that gone I'm feeling much better. Everything is working and healing as it should.

I'm getting out of bed and walking, and spent some time sitting in a chair. No real problems, just healing up   

The bandages, packing, and catheter will be removed in two days.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Progress Keep making progress Michelle. Thinking of you and glad you are doing well.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on October 24, 2017, 05:12:21 PM
Progress Keep making progress Michelle. Thinking of you and glad you are doing well.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Thank you, Laurie!

Today is another wait and heal day. No problems fortunately. Tomorrow the drains and packing come out, and I do 5 dilations [emoji15]

Friday I lose the catheter, and relocate to my [-]bunker[/-] apartment to continue recovery.

But first, breakfast!

•  

Megan.

Glad to hear things are going smoothly,  any breakfast brought on a tray is good one. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Kendra

here's a breakfast tray
airline food at sea level
call button ding ding

we're all wishing for
great and fast recovery
GRS complete

bravery defined
an inspiration for all
Michelle is awesome
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 25, 2017, 10:22:55 AM
Thank you, Laurie!

Today is another wait and heal day. No problems fortunately. Tomorrow the drains and packing come out, and I do 5 dilations [emoji15]

Friday I lose the catheter, and relocate to my [-]bunker[/-] apartment to continue recovery.

But first, breakfast!

The breakfast of Champions...It's great to hear you are getting along so well without any complications so far, all that hard work getting ready seems to be paying off for you!!...Enjoy your brekky!!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks, everyone!

Day 4

I'm continuing to improve, walking more, and healing up. Tomorrow I'll have more hardware removed, drains and packing that made sure I healed correctly the first few days. On Friday I get to go home!

•  

Dena

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 25, 2017, 07:46:33 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Day 4 5

I'm continuing to improve, walking more, and healing up. Tomorrow I'll have more hardware removed, drains and packing that made sure I healed correctly the first few days. On Friday I get to go home!

They must have given you some pretty good stuff while you were recovering. I corrected your post for you. You didn't say how good the food was. What they serve down here is a great improvement over anything I have ever had in the hospital  but what you are eating almost looks like it came from the deli next to the hospital.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dena on October 25, 2017, 08:08:54 PM
They must have given you some pretty good stuff while you were recovering. I corrected your post for you. You didn't say how good the food was. What they serve down here is a great improvement over anything I have ever had in the hospital  but what you are eating almost looks like it came from the deli next to the hospital.

Yah.  I can see how it can be addictive.  I'm hoping I can get by without any more of this stuff once I'm home.  It does block the pain, and I feel like I am thinking straight, but I definitely am not.  Worse, they are insisting on my taking a higher dosage than I think I need.   That's not good.

The food is deliberately on the bland side, but still quite good if hot.  I miss my condiments though.  Pepper sauces, herbs, etc.

One of the coolest things they did here, though, was before surgery.  I have this thing about my hair, where I am not comfortable with myself when not wearing a hairpiece "prosthesis"., particularly when others are about.  The  pre-op team just offered me a choice of a white or blue scrub cap.   Nobody has bugged me about it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

Cindy

Lovely to see and hear from you Michelle. You are looking great and obviously very happy.

Lots of Love from across the oceans.
  •  

LizK

Sounds like you are making steady progress...great to hear...

Glad to hear you are managing the pain so well...look forward to more updatres
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •