Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

The hair would have come off had the surgeon been working in the facial area but as the hair wouldn't interfere with the surgery or get blood on it, there wasn't a problem leaving it on.

As for the pain killer, they might be desirable when you first start dilating. It can be a bit sensitive down there when you start dilating but given time, it gets better. Try and get some sleep tomorrow because 5 session are going to cut into your sleep.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Michelle_P

Yup!  It's still nice to see, because some of the pre-op teams I have had before for unrelated stuff were less than trans-friendly.

I did get the drains removed, and the packing out. I did the first dilation as well.  NO visible dots. [emoji7]  That will likely change as the swelling goes down, but dang, that's some depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Dang it sounds like you are doing pretty darned good girl
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

Brilliant! And gosh,  is there an echo? [emoji23]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Oh wow what a great outcome...it will nice for you to be able to start moving around...you will be running marathons before you know it!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

And...  the estradiol has been restarted. The little pills, not my $40/week patch habit!

Naturally, my instinctive response was to split the dosage and take it sublingually after a quick check against the drug image library showed this one to be micronized bioidentical estradiol.

Ok, seriously, this delivery will bypass the low liver risk and will raise the serum estradiol level very quickly.  The sooner I can get the estrogen receptors in my neuroendocrine system populated the happier I'll be. Literally...

I think I dropped from a 34Barely to a 34A over the past month, between no estradiol, and a week of clear liquids only diet.   I'm hoping to recover that soon without any significant testosterone sources running, what with the twins moving on to their new job as microscope specimens and the prostate being cored out and shrunk.

Testosterone and DHT inhibit breast tissue growth, which is why mild anti androgens like finasteride and deutisteride used for male pattern baldness also produce man-boobs.

I'm hoping to see fast recovery and new growth beyond what I had pre-op.   

What's it look like down there?

A vulva. Sketched by Picasso. Using colored pencils. [emoji79][emoji1465]‍[emoji439]

Everything is swollen and bruised. It'll take time to recover. But, all the parts are there, and the clitoris and hood are quite sensitive.

It's all good.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 26, 2017, 06:38:34 PM
> What's it look like down there?

A vulva. Sketched by Picasso. Using colored pencils.

Cool!  Artistry by the best.
Although I would be concerned about a Salvador Dali sketch. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kendra on October 26, 2017, 06:56:41 PM
Cool!  Artistry by the best.
Although I would be concerned about a Salvador Dali sketch.

Persistence of Mammary?

I don't know whether I should post congrats here or on the "What made me happy today" thread, but it makes me smile to know you're doing so well, Michelle!

Steph

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Dayta

Quote from: Steph2.0 on October 26, 2017, 07:15:21 PM
Persistence of Mammary?

OMG, I almost coughed out my sublingual tablet and a half! 

Glad to hear you're doing well, Michelle.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll be so inspired.  :)

Erin

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 26, 2017, 06:38:34 PM
And...  the estradiol has been restarted. The little pills, not my $40/week patch habit!

It's all good.

I can hear the relief in that opening sentence...Glad to see you are feeling so good
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

I am home.
I am sleeping in my own bed.
I am surrounded by friends, helping me to heal.

All is well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

SadieBlake

Hoorah for being home Michelle! Hugs and so glad you have help and love around you <3 <3
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Laurie

I am very happy that your are home and have the help you need. Now be a good girl and follow doctor's orders so you can heal properly. Take it easy Michelle and let those friends care for as they have volunteered to do. It helps them to be able to help you as much as it helps you my dear.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 28, 2017, 09:02:30 AM
I am home.
I am sleeping in my own bed.
I am surrounded by friends, helping me to heal.

All is well.
Yesss ! 😊

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

(Day 9 since GCS with Dr Thomas and Selim, Kaiser NorCal)

I've had a weekend of post-hospital recovery back at home.  Some of my friends have taken shifts keeping an eye on me, to make sure i didn't do anything dumb or get into trouble. I've actually been off the hospital's narcotics for a while, so 'space-case' me hasn't shown up.

As far as pain management goes, I haven't needed any yet.  So far the worst thing I feel since discharge is some irritation on the edges of the surgery site, something like having a rash in sensation.

Today I'll have visitors dropping by of course, but I'll be on my own much more.  I think I'll do fine, though.

My mobility continues to improve, and I went for a walk in the park next door yesterday.  I'll repeat that and extend it today, and may even hit the Starbucks or Panera a block from me. [emoji4]

My big nuisance complication is an indwelling catheter.  It's there because of a bizarre hospital rules interaction that denied me access to my old bladder relaxation meds while in the hospital, which meant that when it was time to pee, I couldn't empty my bladder (which is why I was prescribed the meds, DUH!).  The attending physician hadn't put them on my meds list so the hospital couldn't give them to me and I am not permitted pills from home thankyewverymuch...

The surgery rules say if ya can't empty the bladder, ya takes home a door prize, one Foley with day and night bags. Fun side effect is that my primary physician for my bladder issue is now the top Urology surgeon in the system.  This will get fixed.

Meanwhile its a nuisance, less intrusive than 4 dilations a day.  Oh, those are going OK.  I'm still burying the last dot. [emoji16]

•  

Laurie

Hi  Michelle,

I am happy to see you continue to make progress and are not having any difficulties more serious than an annoyance. I do hope you are not pushing the limits on tour walks but it is good to see you are getting your exercise.

Hugs,
Laurie

•  

davina61

Well done on things going easy,lets hope it continues and your lucky to have helping friends. Very happy for you XXX Davina
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Good to hear of your progress and that the pain is under control.  I understand your experience with the catheter and sometimes it can be very frustrating. I have had similar issues when meds were "forgotten" whilst being admitted leading to all sorts of issues....Such is life, I managed to find a work around much to the chagrin of the nurses.

Hope the next part of your recovery is as swift as the first part seems to have been  ;)

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on October 30, 2017, 11:47:34 AM
Hi  Michelle,

I am happy to see you continue to make progress and are not having any difficulties more serious than an annoyance. I do hope you are not pushing the limits on tour walks but it is good to see you are getting your exercise.

Hugs,
Laurie

Oh, I won't be doing the big walking tours until spring, so I think I'm allowing plenty of time to heal up.  My big day out was 1,000 steps out, a half-hour break, and 1,000 steps back home, about 2/3 mile round trip.  I won't push it any farther.

The walking tours I do are things like a 6 mile loop through San Francisco (waterfront, North Beach, Chinatown, Union Square walk-n-shop tour), and the 10 mile Ferry-to-Ferry trek from the San Francisco Ferry Building across the city, Golden Gate Bridge, and down to the Sausalito Ferry Terminal.  We ride the ferry back to close the loop.  I don't plan on doing those before March 2018.

•  

Michelle_P

Thanks, Davina!  This is a heck of a ride we are all on, isn't it?   I think it is so cool that you are still out there wrenching on stuff and hitting the racetrack.  The drag racing stuff is just scary awesome to me.

And, Liz, thank you.  The whole medical thing is overwhelming, and I am so happy my friends are there to step up and take on aiding me.    There are family things that would sound horribly familiar, and I'm just avoiding engaging in them and starting another round of nastiness. I don't need that on top of this.

•