Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 24, 2017, 01:07:11 AM
> When I left, one of them walked me out to my car, briefly mentioned the other couple's situation, and then asked me to come back next year, and said "Welcome to our family." 

Absolutely precious. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

I heard from my son, finally.  He's just a typical dude most ways, has trouble communicating. He was in the area visiting my ex and the extended family for Thanksgiving.  He called yesterday.   Now he's with me, snoring in the next room. [emoji4]

Yay!  We went to see a movie last night that he wanted to see (Thor: Ragnarok - stuff gets blowed up real good) then hit a really good burgers and bar place.

We came back to my apartment and baked cookies for dessert. [emoji56]

We'll hang out today until I take him to the airport later.

Nice surprise to end the week. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

That was a great surprise Michelle. I'm glad he came to spend time with you and have cookies and milk. Just don't use up all the chocolate chip cookie dough.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Megan.

There is not one bit of that sounds bad, brilliant in fact, happy for you. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on November 25, 2017, 09:55:02 AM
That was a great surprise Michelle. I'm glad he came to spend time with you and have cookies and milk. Just don't use up all the chocolate chip cookie dough.

Hugs,
  Laurie
Oops...

I'll make more !

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 25, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
Oops...

I'll make more !

So there's no hurry for me to head south.

I hope you are taking some time to smell the roses Lady.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on November 25, 2017, 04:56:21 PM
  So there's no hurry for me to head south.

I hope you are taking some time to smell the roses Lady.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Yeah.  I won't have another six pound batch of cookie dough ready until tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

p

Wow, your Thanksgiving sounds really lovely--what a nice couple who hosted you and welcomed you to the family! So glad to hear you got to have a visit with your son as well. Big hugs!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Thanks ...you did  a stellar job  Ms sound bite 😆
"
The NBC Online stringer, Gillian, did a great job covering the service.  The singing and shots are beautiful.  Then I show up. Ms. Sound Bite...  "

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm dealing with some rough stuff.  Really rough.  Medical care issues, and a nasty catch-22.  No details until I get the arbitration and litigation lined up, but I am not a happy camper.  Nothing to do with my recent GCS, which I am happy about.

Throw this on top of the (slowly fading) post op depression and my head keeps going to pretty grimdark places.  I keep having thoughts of detransitioning, that I'll never be right.  I know this is nonsense, but this is the sort of rubbish that depression and external forces are inducing.

I'll get through this somehow.   I suppose the good news is that I think that if necessary I can turn this to have a significant impact for others.  You'll know when I do this, of course.

•  

Justarandomname

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 01, 2017, 10:08:41 AM
I'm dealing with some rough stuff.  Really rough.  Medical care issues, and a nasty catch-22.  No details until I get the arbitration and litigation lined up, but I am not a happy camper.  Nothing to do with my recent GCS, which I am happy about.

Throw this on top of the (slowly fading) post op depression and my head keeps going to pretty grimdark places.  I keep having thoughts of detransitioning, that I'll never be right.  I know this is nonsense, but this is the sort of rubbish that depression and external forces are inducing.

I'll get through this somehow.   I suppose the good news is that I think that if necessary I can turn this to have a significant impact for others.  You'll know when I do this, of course.

Wow Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I totally can empathize and understand the op-depression and the thoughts of detransitioning.  It's like when you are down, depression kicks you down even further but you're already at a point in your transition that many would kill for. 

I hope you are feeling better as the day goes on.  I find the best way to stave off depression is by keeping myself busy.
  •  

Laurie

Michelle,

I'll be rooting for you winning on all counts in the concerns your let us know about here and those you haven't told us about. Being depressed sucks. Want some of my new pills? Just kidding they tell me I need them for myself.

Hang in there Michelle, you're one of my role models.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

Oh, wow, Michelle, sorry to hear that things aren't good at the moment.  Hang in there.  If anyone can get through this, you can.  You are an inspiration to a lot of us.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Megan.

Oh no,  sry to hear the camping is not happy [emoji853].

I'm glad the post-op downer is fading,  but if you need to dump please PM me. Big hugs! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

There's a song I ran across a while back.

"I may fall", Jeff Williams with Casy Lee Williams

There's a moment we'll make a decision
Not to cower and crash on the ground
The moment we face our worst demons
Our courage found

When we stand with friends
And we won't retreat
As we stare down death
Then the taste is sweet

<chorus>
I may fall
But not like this: it won't be by your hand
I may fall
Not this place; not today
I may fall
Bring it all, it's not enough to take me down
I may fall

I like this sentiment.

•  

Michelle_P

Some days bring nicer things.  My older daughter and her SO are in town, for a sort of Thanksgiving/Christmas visit.  They're staying with my ex at the old house, which has plenty of guest room space.

They both came over to see me, and we all went out to dinner at an old Italian place.  Lots of good conversation, good food, a great shared experience. 

•  

Laurie

Well I bet that brightened your day some. And you can't beat good Italian food.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

I am sorry to hear about your lingering post-op depression and the medical issues you are facing. I know that everyone can get depressed, but I think we trans folks have lots of especially dark places we can go w/r/t our transition, appearance, identity and presentation that does not present quite as much of a minefield for our cis friends. I hope that if it comes to litigation that it can at least have a positive impact for others as you suggested--even facing personal challengers, you always seem so thoughtful and community-oriented. Visit with your daughter sounds lovely. Sending big hugs!!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Drexy/Drex

I'm dealing with some rough stuff.  Really rough. 

Sorry to hear that ....it will pass just hang in there
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •