Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

The post-op depression seems to be fading away, thank goodness.  I'm feeling better, doing some baking again, and planning some special activities for single friends on Christmas Day.

Medically, the recovery seems to be going OK.  I had a yeast infection around the surgical incisions on the labia, getting red and irritated, but an over the counter antifungal seems to have knocked that down.  I just stepped up to the #3 dilator on my last dilation today.   Hello, Mr. Green!  Woof!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Kendra

So much to be glad for.  And your updated avatar is great!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

SadieBlake

Woof woof! Haha :-)

Glad post op depression is receding all round.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Great to hear......thats a really good pic of you 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Laurie

Glad you are feeling better. You're one busy woman and will be occupied for some time yet. Someday you'll be out and about gallivanting around on frivolous escapades again and wanting visitors to show all your usual haunts to. Someday.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on December 07, 2017, 10:03:54 PM
Glad you are feeling better. You're one busy woman and will be occupied for some time yet. Someday you'll be out and about gallivanting around on frivolous escapades again and wanting visitors to show all your usual haunts to. Someday.

Got that right!  Second surgery followup next week, waiting now for another skin biopsy result, meanwhile doing topical chemo (Aldera) on a couple of sites.

Meanwhile, the condo purchase is on track, and should close on the 29th. Happy New Year!   My mother-in-law (ex) has her old place sold and is enjoying her new apartment.

I'm planning Christmas Day with friends who are also cut off from bio-family. Hike, dinner, and a ritual of friendship and sisterhood!

On the way right now to a class on FFS needed before I could have surgery. My HMO has agreed to inform me now as to whether they might cover my FFS procedures deemed medically necessary once I am on their Medicare Advantage plan.

Then there are Christmas parties, electrolysis, shopping, etc to do.

Busy, busy...

Oh, my swelling continues to go down.  I can get into my small DKNY skinny jeans, no problem. (I wouldn't mind being "forced" to move to a size 6 or 8 due to hip size. *sigh*). Still dilating with the #2 dilator to start then switching to #3.  I'll try just #3 in a few more days, when things loosen up a bit. No depth loss yet, which I'm happy about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Jessica

Happy things are going good Michelle. 
Hugs, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

yep You're booked through to the new year. Glad to see you are doing better and getting back into your usual hectic lifestyle.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Idle early-morning thoughts...

I haven't thought about my high school in a long, long time.  It was mostly an unpleasant experience for me, but it managed to surface in my brain in the early morning hours.

I searched for the school, Class of 1971.  Huh, they have a Facebook page.  There was a 40th anniversary reunion with pictures there.  Wow.  The jocks were potbellied old bald guys.  My primary abuser was dead.  Canes, some folks on oxygen, and other obvious things gone wrong.  And this was 6 years ago!

Suddenly I feel very fortunate that my little gender identity issue is all I've had to deal with.

Evil thoughts:
1) Should I update my alumni information?  Picture and all?  That would make me the oldest woman alumni!  (The school moved from all male to co-ed a few years after my time there.). It would be interesting to see how their religious management responds.

2) The 50th reunion will be two years after my FFS and facelift are done.  If I can hold myself together, should I go?  Gosh, I'd hate to be responsible for heart attacks and apoplexy in this crowd...   >:-)

•  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Kendra on December 09, 2017, 10:58:20 AM
Yes, and yes!
Two thumbs up!

I went through pilot training four years before the official "first" woman pilot in the Canadian Air Force.  I am expecting an interesting discussion if someone on the relevant Facebook page asks me my course dates.  I'd never try to claim the title from the official first woman pilot, but still, it will be interesting.

If my high school class holds a 50th reunion in 5 years, it would be fun to go and see the reactions.  Too bad it's clear across the country.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

I got a kick out of your reunion musings. I graduated a year ahead of you in 1970. Going to my reunion would be a waste of time as I only went to that school my senior year and most of that was for half a day due to a business class work/education program. I didn't learn much about business but did like earning money being a gofer at the local newspaper.
  The school I consider my high school was Radford High School in Hawaii, because I spend  3 years there. But of course I didn't graduate from there. Had we not been transferred by the Navy I would have failed my junior year and graduated in 71. The move and different requirements in Rhode Island enabled me to retake the year of history I intentional failed and pass with a B- and graduate in the year I should have.
  Radford also has a website and I've had those same mischievous thoughts as you Michelle.

It is fun think of the gasps that such doings would cause.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

steph2.0

1. Absolutely!
2. Indubitably!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

islandgirl

Class of '71! We're the Ones! That was my year as well. Your story made me think of high school and how I just tried to disappear. Especially in PE! Yuck!
  •  

echo7

No, leave the past in the past where it belongs.  There is no need to reconnect with people with whom you've had no contact for decades, who only knew you as a man.  Why would you do that?  To show off?  You're better than that.  Your inner confidence is enough.  And do you really want to deal with the inevitable misgendering from old classmates?  It's not worth it.

Focus on the future as your true female self, and keep the old man where he belongs - in the past.
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

And I will split the difference. 
Yes, update your information.  All of it including if possible your new name and gender status.  Do not make it easy to find you if there are possible weirdos.
No do not go to the reunion.  It does not appear that you have had much contact with them in 50 years.  No suggestions of having contact with old HS friends.  Honestly to me they have forgotten you, as you probably have forgotten most of them. I graduated (1973) in a class of 500.  I left town promptly (US Navy), left them behind.  I ,for family reasons, came back and have some contact with my class on FB, but daily I go "Waa, who is that?", or Damn they are old" due to their postings or pics.  Few I consider friends and I have been around to bond but have not.  So my perception that your going to the reunion, Michelle, while it may be entertaining, I think you will walk away saying wont do that again.
Update for your own satisfaction and let the rest go.  You are the new you with a new growing, enjoyable life to live.  They are their same ole, same ole.
  •  

Michelle_P

Realistically, while it's fun to think about pointy little heads exploding, the dead past can remain dead.  I've had no contact with these people since high school, and, with this being a religious high school for a creed that denies our reality, the sort of people who would make it to a 50th reunion are not likely to be accepting of me.

I'm not going to bother to update contact info or attend their reunions.  The conversations wouldn't be that great anyway.  "Hi, oh, is this your wife?  Great to meet you.  Did he ever tell you about when he gang-raped me?"  Yeah.  Not happening.

Nothing good would come of it.

•  

Laurie

I think we all knew that you would take the high road Michelle.

Hugs,
  Laurie