Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

Just for my own reference, I posted the details of my FFS eval with Dr. Gill over in this thread:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,232066.msg2065003.html#msg2065003
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

I spent Christmas Day with a friend, first hiking then hanging out and fixing our Christmas dinner.  Another friend who would have been alone came to join us for dinner.  😋

We had a very leisurely meal from about 4 til a little after 8, lots of talking and silliness. The menu:

Squash soup
Blanched and seasoned 'power greens', absolutely delicious with the ginger and garlic Mary added.
Whole roast turkey
Baked yams with an almond flour & oatmeal crust
Sesame ginger asparagus
Cranberry walnut bread
Cranberry orange relish
Sparkling cider

And, for dessert, apple crisp and vanilla bean ice cream.

I had fun doing the meal.  (Only one problem, when I dropped the yam pan a foot and made a mess.  All cleaned up quickly, though.)

We toasted to sisterhood, friendship, and our hopes for romance in the coming year.

The last guest left about 10 PM.

Today's big project is schlepping boxes and boxes of stuff down the hall to my new condo.  I hope to get all the loose small stuff beyond daily necessities out of here shortly, and once the carpets are cleaned in the new place, I'll have some movers shift the heavy stuff down the hall to the new place.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Hi Michelle,

Laurie here. Remember me? (((Hug)))
  It sounds like you had a very nice Christmas right up to your daughter being mean. That's a shame and really sad. One can hope and pray that she will eventually have a change of heart and see what a wonderful person you really are. May your New Year celebration be even better.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on December 26, 2017, 10:17:44 PM
Hi Michelle,

Laurie here. Remember me? (((Hug)))
  It sounds like you had a very nice Christmas right up to your daughter being mean. That's a shame and really sad. One can hope and pray that she will eventually have a change of heart and see what a wonderful person you really are. May your New Year celebration be even better.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Well, of course I remember you, silly!  I had to go to a LOT of trouble just to get a sample of your scent to train the honey badgers with.  You just don't forget a thing like that.

I had a wonderful Christmas this year, no presents but the presence of my two best friends.  They would have been alone yesterday evening, so instead we had Christmas dinner at my little place, with delicious food and great conversation.  You are welcome at table here next year if you like.

Anyway, life goes on.  I've got much of the infrequently used stuff moved out of my old apartment, about one linen closet to go.  I've contacted a carpet cleaning company, and if the quote looks good will have them scrub down the beber carpeting in the new place.  It's not worn, just dirty, and should be a good base for decorative area rugs.

I spent a few hours rekeying the locks on the new place.  It should have been a 30 minute job, but the front door lock in the opening lever was a little odd.  OK, it was bizarre, with antitamper stuff I've never seen before, and an odd hand-modified cylinder.  I got it done.

Dinner tonight was leftovers from last night's feast, and in a couple minutes, I'll be having apple crisp and a little bit of ice cream. 😋  Then, sweet dreams!

•  

LizK

Ahhh Families...what can you say.  Glad you had such a wonderful Xmas. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to spend Xmas, good food and good friends!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

The moving project continues.  The carpet cleaners were here yesterday, with a huge portable machine rather than the truck mounted rig as I'm on the second floor.  They made quick work of the carpet, now a shade lighter and far less smelly.

I've been packing and moving the kitchen to the new place, sorting and organizing all the goodies into a wealth of cabinets.  I even have a pantry now, as part of the laundry room!  Most of the small stuff is gone from the apartment, and the movers will be here Tuesday afternoon to move the heavy stuff down the hall.  I'm happy to pay for this.  Most of my friends are in the 55 and older set, not the folks to move a 100 pound dresser or bulky bed from room to room.  Far cheaper than the medical bill for back damage!

I've also been doing the 'change of address' thing, and getting all those bits and pieces of my life lined up.  I hope it will be a long time before I have to move again.

Tomorrow night I've got a New Years Eve party to attend, hosted by friends in a nearby 55 and older community.  The party runs until the ball drops.  On the East Coast.  At 9 PM here.  Bedtime for the senior set  :D .

If I didn't have that the social support group I'm in also has something going on, which I think is great, and a good thing for many of the folks still not quite out.  The group's organizer is an amazing generous and hard working person.

I'm planning on bringing some goodies for the party. I think I'll use the new kitchen for that!

•  

p

Happy 2018, Michelle! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season despite a very busy schedule (although that seems pretty usual for you) and that unfortunate outburst from your daughter. I am glad to hear that you found an option for FFS before you lose your current insurance coverage--it sounds like the consult went well. Wishing you health and happiness in 2018!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Michelle_P

Happy 2018!

The movers have come and gone, and everything is in my new place except a few cleaning supplies.

As I was picking up the last few items, the folks upstairs fired up their super-vacuum cleaner, shaking the ceiling and causing the dining room light to buzz loudly and swing. I stepped out, closed and locked the door, smiling.

Of course the new place is a mess. I still need to figure out exactly where I want to put everything, and unpack the boxes.  Still, it's big, comfortable, and mine.

Since the kitchen is a mess, and I needed a break between three hours of electrolysis and the move, I'm going out to a local chain place for my favorite salad.  Excuses, excuses...

It's funny, but looking at recent posts in this thread vs the early ones, well...  I have a life!  Kind of neat, actually. [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Yes  my Dear Michelle, You do have a life! You have a very busy life and you are doing what you want. You have your own place. You have good friends both IRL and online (but we too are IRL) You have a church you are a part of. Your yourself as you knew you should be. What a life!!

love ya girl,
  Laurie

•  

Michelle_P

Thanks, Laurie!

I've got the master bedroom and walk-in closet unpacked and loaded, and part of the master bath.  There's enough kitchen to get my breakfast in the morning.  I'm tired...

So, since gender conformation surgery (GCS), I've noticed a few interesting things.  I don't have the endurance I used to, not surprising as I need to heal more.  In spite of being on half the Estradiol dose that I was on before GCS, I've had breast growth, up to a solid if funny looking 34B.  I also seem to have gained some on the hips.   I had bought some oversized cotton briefs for post-GCS use, Hanes size 7, 2 sizes more than I usually wore.  Now, the swelling is way down after 10 weeks, but...  those size 7s are pretty snug.  😳 

I've also been gaining weight at a calorie intake that used to hold weight steady, up to 140 lbs now (I'm 5' 8"). Fortunately most of that weight went to places I would like to be a bit larger. ☺️  There has apparently been some sort of metabolic change.  It feels like I HAVE to gain some weight, like my body is insisting on it.

•  

SadieBlake

You're 5'8"??! Were you wearing heels when we met or are you simply one of those women who projects "tall"?

IAC, happy happy for you this morning Michelle! :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: SadieBlake on January 03, 2018, 03:21:00 AM
You're 5'8"??! Were you wearing heels when we met or are you simply one of those women who projects "tall"?

IAC, happy happy for you this morning Michelle! :-)

;D  If I recall correctly, those were my 'go to' SoftSpots, with a 2" chunk heel.   ;)  I don't usually go any higher than maybe 2 1/2".

I didn't sleep that well last night in the new place. It'll probably take me a little while to settle in and get used to it.  I'm definitely liking more space and having an office room to keep all the distracting stuff out of the bedroom and living room.

•  

Laurie

Office room? I thought it was my room.  Is it ready yet? I mean you've had at least a day now. I'll bring my melatonin and benadryl to help you sleep. I think I slept  the whole night through last night. I may have awaken once to turn over and go right back to sleep. I'm not sure as the thought is pretty foggy. I'm willing to share the sleep concoction so you can settle in. I won't even require a trade for cookies.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 03, 2018, 09:44:41 AM
  Office room? I thought it was my room.  Is it ready yet? I mean you've had at least a day now. I'll bring my melatonin and benadryl to help you sleep. I think I slept  the whole night through last night. I may have awaken once to turn over and go right back to sleep. I'm not sure as the thought is pretty foggy. I'm willing to share the sleep concoction so you can settle in. I won't even require a trade for cookies.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Hey, the badgers have to sleep somewhere.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on January 03, 2018, 09:44:41 AM

Hugs,
   Laurie

Patience, dear, patience.  I have to get the bed assembled.  IKEA stuff...  Just getting the straps and eyebolts properly installed is tricky.  I'm not sure they included all the right parts.  Then I have to rework the little honey badger 'dens' so they fit under the bed.  You wouldn't want to sleep alone, now, would you?

Then I have to do something about all these boxes...

•  

Michelle_P

The post-move unpackathon continues, slowly.  I'm getting settled in here.  "Laurie's room" is still a mess of stacked boxes, I'm afraid.  The condo does come with extra locked storage space down in the garage, about 40 square feet, and I will definitely be using that.

The cable internet & TV stuff is working, mostly.  Good ole Comcast.  I returned the old gear and closed the old account which was from prior to my name change, and opened a new account in my name.  One more little bit of affirmation done...

Thursday I was at our church's Open Womens Group meeting, where we had a presentation from our Director of Religious Education.    ;D  This is a Unitarian Universalist congregation, so that label definitely doesn't mean what most folks think it means.  They teach real-life coping skills, conflict resolution, and sex ed (far better than public schools with their abstinence-only nonsense), among other things.  Questions on trans support came up, including pronouns.

At the luncheon afterwards I put on my badges I wear as part of our "Pronouns" campaign, a little educational program by our LGBTQ committee to teach folks to be more accepting of different pronouns, as part of being more welcoming to LGBTQ visitors.  I was explaining the program to some of our older members.

"So, you see that the pronouns that someone feels are correct for them might not match what you might think in just looking at them..."

"Oh, like if one of those transgenders was to come here..."

"Yes, just so.  If a transgender person came here, we'd want to be respectful and use the pronouns they would feel are right for them."  I had to suppress the grin.  "... ifone of those transgenders was to come here..."   I could hug you, dear.  More affirmation...

Friday was a bit of a bummer.  I had a visit with the dermatologist to take car of yet another basal cell cancer, an excision on my right forearm near the melanoma surgery scar.  Another dozen stitches, no exercise, no lifting for several weeks...  At least it's gone now.

During the procedure I asked the dermatologist for info on a couple of things the FFS surgeon had mentioned, phenol peel or CO2 laser skin resurfacing.  OK, ow!  I suppose they will de-wrinkle me a bit.  And as electrolysis winds up this year, I may need to find a new source of pain. Or not!    Good grief...

I've got a bunch of stuff this afternoon and evening, including a neat musical performance and dinner with friends.  That'll keep me occupied. There are a bunch of other tasks I need to get done, without any lifting, so we will see how that goes.

So, is this still part of the Real Life Test, or is it part of Real Life?  Is Real Life a test?  Pass/fail?  I prefer multiple choice, myself...

•  

Laurie

OMG My room is still not ready?? I feel torn these days. I'm wanted in the four corners of the USA and internationally. Please don't get ideas of drawing and quartering me. lol

I'm glad to read the unpacking is going well Michelle. The cable TV isn't important when one considers the have you to keep them ummm entertained. Yeah, That it entertained. I've heard that unasked for affirmation is good to get and it seem you are doing that. Question... Is that affirmation anything like this positive affirmation my therapist and several other have been trying to coerce me into trying?

I am glad you are getting back into the swing of things that make up your world. It's progress my girl progress!

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 06, 2018, 11:48:36 AM
"Oh, like if one of those transgenders was to come here..."
Not that that would ever actually happen.  Still, it's best to be ready in case...

LOL!   :D  I'd say that was a pass!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

Quote from: Michelle_P on January 06, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

So, is this still part of the Real Life Test, or is it part of Real Life?  Is Real Life a test?  Pass/fail? 

I believe that you put this line in with humor intended but it is a great question. Many of us have been wrapped up with transition for a while and then at some point it gets past that to living life. And I think that we realize at some point, while looking back, that we may have actually gotten to where we were seeking to go without noticing it. And then what? I know that for myself, life is just awash with possibilities/opportunities beyond what I had ever expected, and those in just day to day living as I always needed to be.

Tia Anne
  •