News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 04:43:05 AM
> I'm sitting in a rest area killing time I don't think it would be nice to wake Michelle up at 4:00 am. But I should do it anyway.

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 06:15:33 AM
Honey badgers are nocturnal. They'll wake her up long before you can.
Stephanie

Beethoven wrote a nocturnal.  I think it was in D major or C badger or something like that.  Now you know the rest area of the story.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Kendra on February 07, 2018, 06:27:38 AM
Beethoven wrote a nocturnal.  I think it was in D major or C badger or something like that.  Now you know the rest area of the story.
Ow!

Just...  Ow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Yummies for the honey badger!

A great way to prepare quinoa:
Roasted Brussels sprouts & Quinoa w/ warm red onion vinaigrette

1# Brussels sprouts, shredded
4 tbs olive oil
Kosher salt
Black pepper
1c. Quinoa
1/2c. Diced red onion
2 tsp. Minced garlic
2 tsp. Red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 c. Freshly chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 450* and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Spread Brussels sprouts over pan, drizzle w/ olive oil and season with salt and pepper
Mix well and roast, 10 min.
Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package instructions and drain any excess liquid.
Add 2 tbs. olive oil and mix to coat evenly.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, toast quinoa until crispy (use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan if quinoa begins to stick), then transfer to a large bowl.
Return skillet to medium heat and add remaining 2 fbs. Olive oil, red onion, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then whisk in vinegar and mustard.
Keep warm till ready to serve.
Add parsley, Brussels sprouts, and vinaigrette to quinoa.
Mix well and serve.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 07, 2018, 08:12:18 AM
Ow!

Just...  Ow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the coffee ready? This rest stop is freezing.

Gps says an hour and a half. Hopefully I'll be there before you leave.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 08:46:37 AM
Is the coffee ready? This rest stop is freezing.

Gps says an hour and a half. Hopefully I'll be there before you leave.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Made it! Now we are in some unknown location where Michelle followed a friendly lady into a small room and shut the door. I do believe they are conspiring against me.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on February 07, 2018, 03:42:05 PM
Made it! Now we are in some unknown location where Michelle followed a friendly lady into a small room and shut thr door. I do believe they are conspiring against me.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

p

Hope you are enjoying the visit with Michelle!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: p on February 08, 2018, 01:55:55 PM
Hope you are enjoying the visit with Michelle!  :-*

We're all enjoying having Laurie in the house!

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 07, 2018, 04:27:52 PM
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Stephanie

What !!??  Somebody out to get Laurie?  Heavens forfend!  The badgers and I would never let anything happe to our captive guest!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 08, 2018, 02:32:01 PM

What !!??  Somebody out to get Laurie?  Heavens forfend!  The badgers and I would never let anything happe to our captive guest!

I know how to sooth a badger, and I'm gonna get her. 

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 08, 2018, 02:32:01 PM

Laurie! Be warned! "Ball gag" does not refer to the "Who's on First" skit!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 08, 2018, 04:12:31 PM

Stephanie
I have nothing to worry about. Stephanie Laurel and Kendra Hardy are nowhere to be seen. Still can't tell who's on first.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 08, 2018, 04:12:31 PM

Stephanie

Are you talking about me? I know that at this stage of my life "ball gag" fits the description but I'm not even there to annoy them.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Michelle_P

I'm having fun with my house guest.  This afternoon I took Laurie out shopping.  First stop was Home Depot, where I needed to pick up a few locking door handles for a little project I'm working on.  Then, a quick stop at Trader Joe's to stock up on cheesecake and some delicious soft cheeses.   Finally, we stopped at Fry's Electronics where I picked up some very special equipment I'll be configuring and installing shortly.  Busy, busy...

We got home, and I fixed lunch and prepared a special treat for my LGBTQ social group, got dressed properly, and took Laurie in hand to head to our social meetup and shopping experience at a local botique.  The meetup went well, and much shopping was accomplished.  I've picked up more boots, a nice black dress with embroidered hem, and a lovely Calvin Klein black and white jumpsuit.  Laurie found some very nice jewelry items there, and one of the staff did a great job of distracting her during our group's planning session.  All approved of her, just as I though they would.

We went out for dinner afterward, where I plied her with far too many carbs.  We returned to my nest, and, while Laurie drowsed over her keyboard, I attended to a few tasks, installing the new locks on room doors and secreting the keys away in a safe place. 

It has been a busy, fun day, after a wonderful several days entertaining my gracious guest.  I'll have her all tucked in, all safe and ever so secure in just a little while.  Oh, yes.  Ever so...

•  

Jessica

I meant to ask you about the LGBTQ social group meetings yesterday, oh well. 
I'm glad you had a good time with Laurie today.   Please give her a hug for me before she leaves.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on February 11, 2018, 01:22:58 AM
I meant to ask you about the LGBTQ social group meetings yesterday, oh well. 
I'm glad you had a good time with Laurie today.   Please give her a hug for me before she leaves.

IF she leaves...

•  

Michelle_P

My house guest is well on her way home now.  I was absolutely delighted to share a few days of my life with @Laurie.  She just kept insisting that I do whatever I would usually do, and tagged along, so that is more or less what we did.

During her brief stay, we went shopping, did a few walks around town, cooked some meals at my place and enjoyed dining together, had a nice day visiting with @Jessica, visited my therapist, and even attended a Unitarian Universalist service!  Laurie very patiently got through an entire service on patience.

I'll head north this summer and we will meet up again at Astoria Pride.  :)

Thank you, Laurie, for coming all this way and sharing my life for a few days.

Be well.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2018, 01:33:29 AM
My house guest is well on her way home now.  I was absolutely delighted to share a few days of my life with @Laurie.  She just kept insisting that I do whatever I would usually do, and tagged along, so that is more or less what we did.

During her brief stay, we went shopping, did a few walks around town, cooked some meals at my place and enjoyed dining together, had a nice day visiting with @Jessica, visited my therapist, and even attended a Unitarian Universalist service!  Laurie very patiently got through an entire service on patience.

I'll head north this summer and we will meet up again at Astoria Pride.  :)

Thank you, Laurie, for coming all this way and sharing my life for a few days.

Be well.
How could I not come visit you, Michelle?  You have invited me so many times trying to help me through  this or rather these problems I have only to be turned down over and over because I could not.  Now that I can it is only right that I do so.  I am paying back a little of the debts I have accrued to so many here on Susan's.  People like yourself,  Tessa,  Kendra, Tia, St((ep)(h)ani)e, Faith,Sephirah, Liz, Cindy, and so many other friends I've worried that care about me.
  It was my pleasure to share a bit of your life and Jessica's too.

Thank you,
   Laurie

•  

Jessica

It was pure joy that I experienced from spending the day with the two of you.  You both showed me so much caring and love.  I hope to go to the Astoria pride day too.

•  

p

I am just green with envy over here that you lovely ladies all got to see each other and hang out! Sounds like it was great fun. Pictures? Xoxo  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Jessica on February 08, 2018, 02:45:26 PM
I know how to sooth a badger, and I'm gonna get her.

The "Trans-sisters" got together!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •