Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Patti,

We did have fun breaking Jessica in. As far as pictures go Michelle has almost all of those and have already shared most if not all of them. I do have one of my hostess sitting down for the first dinner she cooked me.

https://i.imgur.com/dR3Icw1.jpg[/img]]
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on February 12, 2018, 02:40:45 PM
Hi Patti,

We did have fun breaking Jessica in. As far as pictures go Michelle has almost all of those and have already shared most if not all of them. I do have one of my hostess sitting down for the first dinner she cooked me.

https://i.imgur.com/dR3Icw1.jpg[/img]]

My oh my, is that Brussels sprouts and quinoa?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on February 12, 2018, 02:44:30 PM
My oh my, is that Brussels sprouts and quinoa?

Hi, Jess!   Yes, it is, with just minor tweaks on your recipe to accommodate what I had on hand.

Thank you for sharing that!

The actual full dinner menu, and a couple of pictures for the curious, shamelessly ripped from the "What are you having for dinner?" thread":
Tossed greens with Italian dressing
Steak
Jessica's Quinoa and Brussels sprouts
Sautéed Carrots

Fresh baked cookies and milk for dessert

I had a couple of other pictures that I had shared in Jessica's thread, that I'll shamelessly crosslink here:

Just after lunch at Stanford's downtown Walnut Creek...

And, sitting out in Broadway Plaza outside the Starbucks and Victoria's Secret, chatting for an hour or so.  Jessica clipped a new avatar image from this one.   I did her makeup as a very light everyday look, basically just enough to look like what I'd expect her skin to resemble after a long period of HRT and electrolysis, a bit softer, smoother, slightly shinier.

Hugs, Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

Shortly before Laurie left, my new boarder arrived.  Laurie and I got to work prepping Laurie's Room before she arrived, and we both visited with her for a while before Laurie had to leave.

She's settling in now, personal stuff largely in place, and I hop beginning to relax.  I took her in because I understand her situation pretty well, and I think I can help her settle in to life in this area after a long move.  It is interesting sharing a home with someone, though, after well over a year alone.   I'm not sure if I will make the roommate thing a permanent part of my life.  I'll try it for a while, certainly, and see how it goes.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Shortly before Laurie left, my new boarder arrived.  Laurie and I got to work prepping Laurie's Room before she arrived, and we both visited with her for a while before Laurie had to leave.

She's settling in now, personal stuff largely in place, and I hop beginning to relax.  I took her in because I understand her situation pretty well, and I think I can help her settle in to life in this area after a long move.  It is interesting sharing a home with someone, though, after well over a year alone.   I'm not sure if I will make the roommate thing a permanent part of my life.  I'll try it for a while, certainly, and see how it goes.

Having someone live with you after you've been alone is sometimes weird and takes time.  We, or least I, would be used to doing things alone and then their is another person.  Takes time to adjust.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 12, 2018, 04:20:01 PM
Hi, Jess!   Yes, it is, with just minor tweaks on your recipe to accommodate what I had on hand.

Thank you for sharing that!

The actual full dinner menu, and a couple of pictures for the curious, shamelessly ripped from the "What are you having for dinner?" thread":
Tossed greens with Italian dressing
Steak
Jessica's Quinoa and Brussels sprouts
Sautéed Carrots

Fresh baked cookies and milk for dessert

I had a couple of other pictures that I had shared in Jessica's thread, that I'll shamelessly crosslink here:

Just after lunch at Stanford's downtown Walnut Creek...

And, sitting out in Broadway Plaza outside the Starbucks and Victoria's Secret, chatting for an hour or so.  Jessica clipped a new avatar image from this one.   I did her makeup as a very light everyday look, basically just enough to look like what I'd expect her skin to resemble after a long period of HRT and electrolysis, a bit softer, smoother, slightly shinier.

Hugs, Michelle

Aha!  The TransSisters!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Cassi on February 12, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
Aha!  The TransSisters!!!!!!

I love that name.  Mamas got a squeeze box!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Jessica on February 12, 2018, 09:48:02 PM
I love that name.  Mamas got a squeeze box!

Yeah, you didn't start the Band so we had to use it for something special!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Cassi on February 12, 2018, 10:04:05 PM
Yeah, you didn't start the Band so we had to use it for something special!

We are all Trans-sisters

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

p

OMG, what adorable pictures! You three look like you are having lots of fun together. So glad to see our Susan's community gathering in real life! <3
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Lily Rose

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 20, 2016, 11:30:42 PMonce in motion I'm hard to stop.

you were not lying and so happy to see your thread still so active. :angel:
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

Michelle_P

Beliefs about Healthy Love and Relationships

• A good relationship makes both partners stronger
  • Mutual compassion and support are wonderful things, and so...
  • We hold mutual respect and support; We accept each other as separate individuals, and support each other in growing
  • We communicate easily and openly with each other, and respond with compassion and love
  • We accept each others differences; We don't try to change each other
  • When conflicts come up, we acknowledge and work with our own triggers, and communicate without blame or self-blame

I'm working through a self-improvement class, and one of the exercises involves establishing beliefs about healthy relationships. These are a result of the classwork, readings, and a bit of past experience, and I thought they might be worth sharing. I can easily see how these apply more broadly in community.

Yes, as Lily Rose notes, a Michelle in motion tends to remain in motion.  Forward!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 20, 2018, 07:58:48 PM

• We hold mutual respect and support; We accept each other as separate individuals, and support each other in growing
  • We communicate easily and openly with each other, and respond with compassion and love
  • When conflicts come up, we acknowledge and work with our own triggers, and communicate without blame or self-blame

I'm working through a self-improvement class, and one of the exercises involves establishing beliefs about healthy relationships. These are a result of the classwork, readings, and a bit of past experience, and I thought they might be worth sharing. I can easily see how these apply more broadly in community.

Yes, as Lily Rose notes, a Michelle in motion tends to remain in motion.  Forward!

Ummmm Michelle,

I don't see anything there about honey badgers, eye bolts with straps in the ceiling, or addictive dark elixirs. I know we have a relationship. I mean you did feed me cookies after all, but does this mean you don't love me no more? (hmmm what??? must be residual for the dark elixir)

And yes Lily Rose She does tend to stay on the go. I know because she dragged me with her while I was under her spell last week.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

p

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 20, 2018, 07:58:48 PM

This is a great list. I definitely think this encapsulates so much of what a good relationship is and does for the partners involved. I struggle with that last bullet point sometimes as I was raised with more of a "you're making me feel bad so I will yell at you instead of examining why I am feeling so awful right now and working through that with you" kind of mentality. Thanks for sharing!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Michelle_P

The list seems to cover all manner of relationships, really.  This comes from the homework and reading I am doing as part of a class aimed primarily at the lesbian community. 

I wish I could do this as easily as I wrote this. [emoji20]

It's not easy to find the strength and clarity of thought in the middle of emotional storms. I'm trying, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

I'm running around San Diego this weekend visiting with my son. This is a nice walkable town. I'm in Little Italy, with lots of coffee places and cute little restaurants, and a couple blocks from the waterfront.

Last night I walked over to the Gaslight District, where we met up for a ridiculously good steakhouse dinner. (Happy birthday, son!) We chatted for hours. He's a busy person and dedicated to making the world a better place. I am very proud of him.

Today we will just play it by ear. No plans really.

That's ok. I seem to be a natural born tourist and am just meandering about the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

map in hand and camera around neck ??????
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 24, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

Last night I walked over to the Gaslight District, where we met up for a ridiculously good steakhouse dinner. (Happy birthday, son!) We chatted for hours. He's a busy person and dedicated to making the world a better place. I am very proud of him.

Fleming's?

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on February 24, 2018, 03:11:21 PM
Fleming's?

No, no.  Greystone's, a really old-school steakhouse.  I actually had a pork chop that was prepared perfectly. Jason had the steak, all very nicely aged (in-house) and prepared properly.  The salads, sides, and desserts were also excellent.

•