News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

YES!  I am so happy for you.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Mariah

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats Michelle! I am sure that the time will fly by!
  •  

steph2.0

Oh gosh... I have goosebumps*! So happy for you Michelle!

Stephanie

* No, not talking about my chest, smart-Allie.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

Wow how good is that...with your new look and new groove I guess we will see you setting the local social scene on fire!

Congratulations hope it goes brilliantly for you

Take Care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Michelle, I am so happy for you. This journey continues to take amazing turns, congratulations on getting definition of such an important step.

Tia Anne
  •  

Laurie

But you looked fine to me when I was there. ..

Oh alright, congratulations Hun.  I know it is important to you. I am glad you have a date set for it.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Congratulations Michelle!
I have to agree with Laurie..... you looked fine to me when we saw you.

If you need any help let me know!

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Thank you, everyone!  (My apologies, but I'm not going to quote and reply to every post.  This thing would go on and on...  And I'm already getting sleepy!)

I'm hoping the FFS will undo much of the damage started by that damn testosterone I got starting at age 15.  I'm hoping it removes the more obvious 'tells', straight low brows, frontal bone bossae and supraorbital rims, the long nose and upper lip, cheekbones and jawline, and that Adam's Apple.

Most folks in real life that know me don't realize the amount of makeup work that I tend to do before they see me.  Those who saw me in hospital were surprised, and several commented that they didn't know I used makeup.  I do, and there is quite a bit of contouring involved in producing my 'daily look', aimed at altering forehead, tells at the brow, altering the nose appearance, and rounding the jawline.

I'd love to be able to go to the mailbox or grab an early breakfast without makeup, and not be misgendered.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Michelle_P

I feel so special!

My Unitarian Universalist Church is doing a ceremony on March 25, part of the runup to the Transgender Day of Visibility, to recognize the chosen names and correct pronouns of members who are transitioning.  Both adults and youth will be participating.  This will be my first service as a Worship Associate, running about getting all the details right, calling to worship, and speaking from the chancel.

Outside, on the street, we will be recognized by the Westboro Baptist Church, a hate-based religious group composed of the late Fred Phelp's family.  It's nice that our efforts and community support are being more widely seen and recognized.  What a way to start my service activity!

Expect a flight of 'angels' to shelter all under their wings...

https://www.uuworld.org/articles/uuaga16-westboro-counterprotest

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 15, 2018, 09:12:59 AM
> My Unitarian Universalist Church is doing a ceremony on March 25, part of the runup to the Transgender Day of Visibility, to recognize the chosen names and correct pronouns of members who are transitioning.  Both adults and youth will be participating.  This will be my first service as a Worship Associate, running about getting all the details right, calling to worship, and speaking from the chancel.

This is awesome! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Kendra on March 15, 2018, 09:44:32 AM
This is awesome!

Kendra, everything this past year has been awesome!  Finally being out, living full time as myself, communicating, having close, dear friends, the activism, the self-discovery, all has been awesome.

I was a mess before, and am doing so much better now.  I'm finally, really, alive!

•  

Laurie

You appeared to be alive while I was there.  Both times even.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Agreement with Laurie again, and you seemed happy. 

Where is the UU church located at?  I'll try to be there.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Laurie on March 15, 2018, 02:16:13 PM
   You appeared to be alive while I was there.  Both times even.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Most definitely.  Very much alive.   ;)  Perhaps even peak aliveness.  Aliveosity? 

Yay Metta...

May I be happy.
May I know my true worth.
May I know that I am lovable.
May I love myself with ease.

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on March 15, 2018, 02:29:47 PM
Agreement with Laurie again, and you seemed happy. 

Where is the UU church located at?  I'll try to be there.

Hugs, Jess

This is at Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church, 55 Eckley Ln, in Walnut Creek, CA 94596.  (Link goes to a map)

Note that engaging with the Westboro 'Baptist' folks is a Bad Idea.  They appear to live off of litigation proceeds, and their activities are designed to provoke actions that they can then use as grounds for litigation.  Their whole 'hate-based faith' schtick is an excuse to provoke people.  Don't play into their scam!

Their little schedule has them there for a whole 30 minutes before our first service at 9:15 March 25, then they'll pile into their minivan and try to provoke people at another location.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 15, 2018, 04:38:26 PM
This is at Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church, 55 Eckley Ln, in Walnut Creek, CA 94596.  (Link goes to a map)

Note that engaging with the Westboro 'Baptist' folks is a Bad Idea.  They appear to live off of litigation proceeds, and their activities are designed to provoke actions that they can then use as grounds for litigation.  Their whole 'hate-based faith' schtick is an excuse to provoke people.  Don't play into their scam!

Their little schedule has them there for a whole 30 minutes before our first service at 9:15 March 25, then they'll pile into their minivan and try to provoke people at another location.

I looked up the Westboro folks after reading your comment about them.  I am a firm believer in the freedoms we have and share.  I however don't have much tolerance of those who by their actions do harm to others. 
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

LizK

Hi Michelle

I think your Church response to the Westboro folks was brilliant. Overwhelm them with love and understanding unlike their message of hate. Its a very sad little cult and I feel very sorry for those trapped inside.

Quote from: Cassi on March 15, 2018, 04:54:14 PM
I looked up the Westboro folks after reading your comment about them.  I am a firm believer in the freedoms we have and share.  I however don't have much tolerance of those who by their actions do harm to others. 

With Freedom of speech comes responsibility...unfortunately they don't understand that part.

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 15, 2018, 04:27:58 PM
Most definitely.  Very much alive.   ;)  Perhaps even peak aliveness.  Aliveosity? 

Yay Metta...

Yes..yes..yes.. Aliveosity  love it

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ElizabethK on March 18, 2018, 01:58:06 AM
Hi Michelle

I think your Church response to the Westboro folks was brilliant. Overwhelm them with love and understanding unlike their message of hate. Its a very sad little cult and I feel very sorry for those trapped inside.

With Freedom of speech comes responsibility...unfortunately they don't understand that part.

Yes..yes..yes.. Aliveosity  love it

Take care

Liz

True, like the old example of yelling fire in a crowded theatre.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •