Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

And even more twists and turns...

I did another 2 hours of electrolysis Monday.  Ow.  But, my face was completely cleared in the session.  Yay!  That is a great feeling.

I'm doing a vegetarian dinner for at least 50 on Saturday, with salad, sides, and dessert.  That is keeping me pretty busy right there.  I have a killer vegan+gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipie I'm trying out.  They are rich little cookies, though.  About 140 calories for each little cookie!  Sweet potato casserole, also vegan and gluten free, and cornbread, both a vegan+gluten free version and a vegetarian (egg and cheese) version.

Then Sunday I have my first shot at being Worship Associate, which has me very nervous.  So many details to get right!

And then there's my personal life, which I need to talk about.  I have a recent change...

My girlfriend. 

Just being able to type that makes me happy!  This had been an unexpected development for both of us.  We are trans women, lesbian in orientation, and in our 60s.  That is effectively three strikes against us.  Neither of us expected to meet someone.  I certainly never expected to meet someone who would have the romantic interest in me that I need to connect. (I'm a demisexual as part of my orientation.). I never expected to fall for someone, and have them fall for me.

But, in spite of the odds, for some reason, it happened.

We've got these ridiculously strong feelings toward each other, but really don't quite know what to do with them.  Since they surfaced, she's left on an extended trip, but we communicate several times a day.  Neither of us knows where this will lead, what we should do next, or any of that practical stuff.  We are both just enjoying the ride, being able to experience feelings that I thought were dead and gone the past 40 years.

It's one heck of a ride.  Thank you, @Laurie !

Yes.  THAT Laurie.  The one the honey badgers tracked down.  The one who put Stephanie on the fridge.  Our Laurie, for reasons beyond my understanding, is romantically attracted to me, and I to her.

It defies explanation.  So, I won't bother.  It just is.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 21, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

I did another 2 hours of electrolysis Monday.  Ow.  But, my face was completely cleared in the session.  Yay!  That is a great feeling.

I'm doing a vegetarian dinner for at least 50 on Saturday, with salad, sides, and dessert.  That is keeping me pretty busy right there.  I have a killer vegan+gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipie I'm trying out.  They are rich little cookies, though.  About 140 calories for each little cookie!  Sweet potato casserole, also vegan and gluten free, and cornbread, both a vegan+gluten free version and a vegetarian (egg and cheese) version.

Then Sunday I have my first shot at being Worship Associate, which has me very nervous.  So many details to get right!

And then there's my personal life, which I need to talk about.  I have a recent change...

My girlfriend. 

Just being able to type that makes me happy!  This had been an unexpected development for both of us.  We are trans women, lesbian in orientation, and in our 60s.  That is effectively three strikes against us.  Neither of us expected to meet someone.  I certainly never expected to meet someone who would have the romantic interest in me that I need to connect. (I'm a demisexual as part of my orientation.). I never expected to fall for someone, and have them fall for me.

We've got these ridiculously strong feelings toward each other, but really don't quite know what to do with them.  Since they surfaced, she's left on an extended trip, but we communicate several times a day.  Neither of us knows where this will lead, what we should do next, or any of that practical stuff.  We are both just enjoying the ride, being able to experience feelings that I thought were dead and gone the past 40 years.

Yes.  THAT Laurie.  The one the honey badgers tracked down.  The one who put Stephanie on the fridge.  Our Laurie, for reasons beyond my understanding, is romantically attracted to me, and I to her.

That's great!  Now you can rein in that girl, lock up her truck and domesticate her.  And maybe work on her Ice Box Fetish :)

Best to you both!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

My girlfriend. 

Yep, she put a spell on me. Michelle is my reason to live.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Laurie on March 21, 2018, 12:41:33 AM
Yep, she put a spell on me. Michelle is my reason to live.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Again, I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you both.  But, if I may be so bold to make a suggestion?

If, your Frig desires start popping up, at the very least get a queen size mattress and both be on top of the frig!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

My girlfriend. 

OMG, I'm so very, very happy for you both!!!
Two of my closest trans friends that I have met in person are an item!!
Why did you not tell me??

Huge hugs! My eyes are leaking Laurie, are you surprised?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

This makes me so happy that I can hardly stand it! Well, not the fridge part, but the rest is just awesome!

Congratulations you two!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 21, 2018, 12:58:44 AM
This makes me so happy that I can hardly stand it! Well, not the fridge part, but the rest is just awesome!

Congratulations you two!

- Stephanie

Isn't it great!!!!!  I just hope that they get a queen mattress and share the top of the frig together!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

SadieBlake

Omg, Michelle, Laurie! I'm so happy for you both!

M & L are sitting in a tree, K - I - S - S - I - N - G!

On a fridge?? Well do as you will, I like the arboreal version, I guess I'm just a traditionalist?

Really am so happy for you both, I guess I already said that however  :-)

Warm Hugs from chilly Cambridge
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Cindy

•  

Shy

Peace and love and all that good stuff to both of you, now and for always. :)

Sadie
  •  

KathyLauren

Oh, wow, there's a plot twist I didn't see coming!  That's wonderful!  I am so happy for you both.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kendra

Wow!  Congratulations, and soooo happy! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

AutumnGurl81

What a great update Michelle, congratulations ladies!!! So happy to hear you found someone special to share yourself/life with (:
~°•Peace, love, compassion, and eqaulity. I believe that these qualities make us great. They can't be measured on a scale, only shared freely.•°~

-Jayden  :-*
  •  

Cassi

Why does Grace Slick singing "Somebody to love"  keep popping into my head when I think of these two??????
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

Now that's why you should never give up on life as you never know what the future holds, congrats ladies virtual bunch of flowers and a cake from me.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Cassi on March 21, 2018, 01:56:22 PM
Why does Grace Slick singing "Somebody to love"  keep popping into my head when I think of these two??????

Don't you want somebody to love?  Don't you need somebody to love?
You better find somebody to love!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Saha

How wonderful, Laurie and Michelle!
  •  

JulieOnHerWay

:o :o :o :o
YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! Michelle and Laurie!
With this, us unattached find a glimmer of hope.
:'( :'( :'(
;D ;D ;D
  •  

Michelle_P

Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane?  Oh, my, I saw them playing at Winterland so many times.  First time was at the Human Be-In, where I was a 14 year old girl.  (This was in the period where I'd flee the East Bay; "Mom, going to see a friend, back late!", hop on the bus, pay an extra dime for a trans-Bay transfer, and go over to San Francisco.  When I got there, I'd duck into a restroom and presto-chango, a 14 year old girl walked out after I changed my top.)

Goood times!  Dinners with some random tribe in The Haight, great music, totally accepted as is.

"You better find somebody to love!"
OK, check!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 22, 2018, 01:50:21 AM
Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane?  Oh, my, I saw them playing at Winterland so many times.  First time was at the Human Be-In, where I was a 14 year old girl.  (This was in the period where I'd flee the East Bay; "Mom, going to see a friend, back late!", hop on the bus, pay an extra dime for a trans-Bay transfer, and go over to San Francisco.  When I got there, I'd duck into a restroom and presto-chango, a 14 year old girl walked out after I changed my top.)

Goood times!  Dinners with some random tribe in The Haight, great music, totally accepted as is.

"You better find somebody to love!"
OK, check!

I loved Winterland...."have your tickets out and ready"!
Can't tell you how many concerts I saw there.
Mostly the Grateful Dead!

•