Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison S

Good luck Michelle!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

islandgirl

•  

Jessica

I'm so happy for you Michelle!  I know how much this means to you.

Good luck and hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@ Michelle:  This is wonderful news.... I will be thinking of you for sure..... 
...an update from you about how your appointment went will be much anticipated!!!
Wishing you well.....
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks everyone. I'll post when I know what's up. Could just be an order for labs or a fresh CT scan, for all I know.

Meanwhile I've got a speech on Visibility and Love Conquers Hate to write for Saturday and two new lectures to do for the next two weeks. One is a sort of Trans 101 for older folks, and the other is on compact antennas for apartment dwellers.

Oh, and I just got my first dirty look of the day, from a little old lady!  I smiled back and she scowled. Must be the cream miniskirt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 28, 2018, 01:15:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll post when I know what's up. Could just be an order for labs or a fresh CT scan, for all I know.

Meanwhile I've got a speech on Visibility and Love Conquers Hate to write for Saturday and two new lectures to do for the next two weeks. One is a sort of Trans 101 for older folks, and the other is on compact antennas for apartment dwellers.

Oh, and I just got my first dirty look of the day, from a little old lady!  I smiled back and she scowled. Must be the cream miniskirt...

Who's the teenager in this picture and what did she do with our Michelle, Laurie!!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Cassi on March 28, 2018, 01:17:14 PM
Who's the teenager in this picture and what did she do with our Michelle, Laurie!!!!!!
Hah!  64 years old, going on 16.  Yay HRT!

Laurie will explain, if she dares...

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 28, 2018, 01:18:48 PM

64, yeah right!  I'm 64 and don't look nothing like that teenager! :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped: 
Quote from: Michelle_P on March 28, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Michelle:
  Yes, we want upates but only if you feel comfortable doing that.

... and it is neat when we see someone that is jealous as they look at us..!!!!!

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 28, 2018, 01:22:24 PM
snipped: 
Michelle:
  Yes, we want upates but only if you feel comfortable doing that.

... and it is neat when we see someone that is jealous as they look at us..!!!!!

Danielle

:icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious: :icon_suspicious:
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Here's the scoop.  I'll be having two FFS surgery dates, one in late August this year, and another in late 2019 or 2020.  I've asked for certain cosmetic procedures to be done in addition to medically necessary work, to avoid leaving me looking sort of unfinished.

During the call Dr. Kleinberger went over what procedures would be in the August surgery, and which would be deferred to a surgery a year or two later.  There is too much to do in one round.  They want to avoid having me under general anesthesia for more than 8-9 hours.  The surgeons get tired, too.

The first surgery will be the forehead and eye orbits work, removing the brow ridges (Osterhout Type 3) and reducing the orbital ridges. Eyebrows will be raised.  The rhinoplasty will be done at the same time, as will the upper lip lift and fill.  A blepharoplasty (cosmetic) will be done to fix my droopy right eye.  Finally, a jawline and chin reduction will be done.

The second surgery will include the tracheal shave and a lower facelift, once the swelling from the jawline work is gone and the extra skin is loose.  This should mitigate the saggy jowls common to jawline reduction in older trans women.  I can get by for a while without the tracheal shave, as long as I don't turn my head too far or lift my chin.  The 'wattle' of loose skin hides the Adams Apple fairly well when facing straight forward.

Putting a medically necessary procedure in along with the cosmetic work cuts the bill way down for me.  The OR and anesthesia charges will be for the medically necessary procedures, so all I will have is the Kaiser standardized surgical price without all the expensive add-ins, for the cosmetic work.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 29, 2018, 12:16:50 AM
Here's the scoop.  I'll be having two FFS surgery dates, one in late August this year, and another in late 2019 or 2020.  I've asked for certain cosmetic procedures to be done in addition to medically necessary work, to avoid leaving me looking sort of unfinished.

During the call Dr. Kleinberger went over what procedures would be in the August surgery, and which would be deferred to a surgery a year or two later.  There is too much to do in one round.  They want to avoid having me under general anesthesia for more than 8-9 hours.  The surgeons get tired, too.

The first surgery will be the forehead and eye orbits work, removing the brow ridges (Osterhout Type 3) and reducing the orbital ridges. Eyebrows will be raised.  The rhinoplasty will be done at the same time, as will the upper lip lift and fill.  A blepharoplasty (cosmetic) will be done to fix my droopy right eye.  Finally, a jawline and chin reduction will be done.

The second surgery will include the tracheal shave and a lower facelift, once the swelling from the jawline work is gone and the extra skin is loose.  This should mitigate the saggy jowls common to jawline reduction in older trans women.  I can get by for a while without the tracheal shave, as long as I don't turn my head too far or lift my chin.  The 'wattle' of loose skin hides the Adams Apple fairly well when facing straight forward.

Putting a medically necessary procedure in along with the cosmetic work cuts the bill way down for me.  The OR and anesthesia charges will be for the medically necessary procedures, so all I will have is the Kaiser standardized surgical price without all the expensive add-ins, for the cosmetic work.

Wonderful news Michelle!

Oh, and I'm interested in your trans 101 class.  Is that with your church?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on March 29, 2018, 12:34:36 AM
Wonderful news Michelle!

Oh, and I'm interested in your trans 101 class.  Is that with your church?

Yes, the Open Women's Group, meets at the church on the first Thursday of each month.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 29, 2018, 12:44:04 AM
Yes, the Open Women's Group, meets at the church on the first Thursday of each month.

Thank you!

Big hugs!

•  

Michelle_P

At the ER with my roommate. She's severely dehydrated and was sent here from Urgent Care.

NOT how I planned to spend my day!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 30, 2018, 12:41:57 PM
At the ER with my roommate. She's severely dehydrated and was sent here from Urgent Care.

NOT how I planned to spend my day!

Well, for one thing, it's good to know that you're okay.  Secondly, you do know that there's been some teenager posting pictures and claiming to be you, right?  And, last, run from the hospital now - it's where people go to get sick.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Cassi on March 30, 2018, 12:56:59 PM
Well, for one thing, it's good to know that you're okay.  Secondly, you do know that there's been some teenager posting pictures and claiming to be you, right?  And, last, run from the hospital now - it's where people go to get sick.

Easy to tell the difference. Not a teenager, at least on the outside:

I've been accused of being 64 going on 16 though, which I may have to plead guilty to.

And I've fled the hospital while my roommate gets her fluids topped off. Hopefully she'll be doing better this afternoon.

•  

Laurie

Whatever the age you look good.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 28, 2018, 01:18:48 PM

Hahaha, yes, no explanation necessary... I can confirm 16... Laurie too btw...

So great to see this teenage love!

•  

Allison S

Oh no! Hope she's okay and you can get out of the hospital pronto. If you haven't already
This may be weird to ask, but did she not eat/drink? Just scary how fragile our bodies are...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•