Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Quote from: Allison S on March 30, 2018, 05:09:20 PM
Oh no! Hope she's okay and you can get out of the hospital pronto. If you haven't already
This may be weird to ask, but did she not eat/drink? Just scary how fragile our bodies are...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

She's home safe, and feeling better.  And yes, insufficient fluid intake was the problem.  Severe nausea can put one off of eating and drinking. 

Just sipping Gatorade through a straw and holding it in the mouth would have helped.  It's hard to take advice when one is nauseated.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 30, 2018, 03:26:37 PM
Easy to tell the difference. Not a teenager, at least on the outside:

I've been accused of being 64 going on 16 though, which I may have to plead guilty to.

And I've fled the hospital while my roommate gets her fluids topped off. Hopefully she'll be doing better this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She must have you under some sort of mind control to believe that :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Michelle_P

More idle thoughts...

I've been using the big orange dilator in my Soul Source set for several weeks, and I no longer have to 'warm up' with a smaller dilator first.  No big issues.  An idle thought popped into my head, though...

Anyone ever hook a hammer drill to a dilator?

Oh, you know what they say...  The Devils hands are idle playthings.  Or something like that...

Just lying here trying not to sneeze...

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

sarah1972

Ouch. Even the thought hurts [emoji20]....

But I guess if you would search for it on the internet...

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 30, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
More idle thoughts...

I've been using the big orange dilator in my Soul Source set for several weeks, and I no longer have to 'warm up' with a smaller dilator first.  No big issues.  An idle thought popped into my head, though...

Oh, you know what they say...  The Devils hands are idle playthings.  Or something like that...

•  

Dena

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 30, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
More idle thoughts...

Watch the movie Top Secret. Not exactly an original thought. By the way, it's a funny movie but a bit dirty at times.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Michelle_P

Another day, another whack at taking down the patriarchy ...

I went to an event in a local community park, and gave a speech. (Over in the Activism forum...)    No, Cassi, I did not have a teen impersonator. Just me.

The speech went well, and I went out to a late lunch afterward with both my best friend, Nancy, and my roommate.

This made for an interesting and sort of tiring day. I'll probably burn something for dinner shortly and then go to bed.

I'm working a family shelter program all day Sunday (Easter). I'm the kitchen lead for breakfast, and will be cooking for lunch and dinner. I don't have family to gather with, and friends will be with families, so this seems like a pretty reasonable way to spend the day. I've done something similar at other holidays since living in my own.

•  

LizK

Nice one Michelle...that a very nice thing to do. I am sure those getting the benefit of your cooking prowess will be all the better for it.

Oh and just on the Patriarchy...you go girl!!! knock em' down and take no prisoners LOL

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Looking very girly Michelle...😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

I keep telling everyone that some teenager kidnapped Michelle and is posting her pictures on site rather than Michelle's.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 31, 2018, 08:49:33 PM

I went to an event in a local community park, and gave a speech. (Over in the Activism forum...)    No, Cassie, I did not have a teen impersonator. Just me.

I'm working a family shelter program all day Sunday (Easter). I'm the kitchen lead for breakfast, and will be cooking for lunch and dinner. I don't have family to gather with, and friends will be with families, so this seems like a pretty reasonable way to spend the day. I've done something similar at other holidays since living in my own.

What a wonderful way to spend Easter!  You are a caring, beautiful woman.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: markie on April 01, 2018, 07:09:56 PM
Looking very girly Michelle...😊

Feeling very girlie, Markie!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 31, 2018, 08:49:33 PM

I went to an event in a local community park, and gave a speech. (Over in the Activism forum...)    No, Cassi, I did not have a teen impersonator. Just me.

The speech went well, and I went out to a late lunch afterward with both my best friend, Nancy, and my roommate.

This made for an interesting and sort of tiring day. I'll probably burn something for dinner shortly and then go to bed.

Michelle
:  I love volunteering at food kitchens and utilizing my cooking skills and social skills to help those that need food and need encouragement to get on with their lives.  I usually get involved in the Thanksgiving season in November.  The weather starts getting cold and people need food, shelter and someone to talk to.   

This Easter I was invited to join my friend's family for Dinner...  she is one of the women that I regularly go to the gym with every week.   At her home was her and her family, husband, kids and her parents.   Lots of good food and lots of great conversation.

YOUR PICTURE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and you look UNDENIABLY FEMALE !!!!

Thanks for your post and for including your wonderful picture.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Michelle_P

Danielle, I think there may be several members here that volunteer at shelters and support places. It's a good way to give back for those that may have helped us in the past.

Next up for me is another Trans 101 sort of talk for a large woman's group. I have my presentation and handouts ready, and just need one more rehearsal and timing check tonight.

Next Tuesday night I have a talk on compact antennas. I have lots of material to sort and reduce to a 50 minute talk.

I met with my gender therapist today. I'm doing OK, and apparently my gender presentation is now quite good. She complemented me on how quickly I improved my appearance over the past two years. (I study...  people, at the mall, doing everyday life, and note what I think looks good and works well)

We talked about a number of things going on in my life. Always a helpful session, clarifies my thinking on a number of things.

•  

Shy

Good for you volunteering Michelle :) Ive just done one some graphics for an autistic group. Just need to find something that suits my skill set on a more permanent basis. You are right it's a good way to serve the community, we all know what it feels like to be vulnerable and god knows there are a lot of people in crisis these days.

Hope the talk with the woman's group goes well, glad to here things are moving along nicely with the therapy.

peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

•  

Michelle_P

I did my presentation on gender to that Open Women's Group.  It went well overall.

There were technical glitches, as in they put the presentation in the one room they had with no presentation equipment.  They did bring in a portable amplifier and microphone. I had packed along a flat screen display at least.  We needed to move a small table to the front of the room to hold the display and my MacBook Air.  And that's when it happened...

One of the women told the others, "I'll get this side and...", gesturing to me, "He'll get that end."

Hey!  Excuse me.  Person standing here with makeup, tan skirt and sleeveless top, hose and heels, conservative makeup is so NOT a "He." 

I looked at her.  "He?  Really?"   I lifted my skirt, pantyhose and ancient cameltoe in view.  "Do you see something I don't?"  She started blushing and stammering.  Another woman stepped up to help move the table.

That just ticked me off.  Here's a group that claims to be "woke', that likes to call themselves open and accepting.  I clearly look female, BUT, they know I am trans.  And I know a few other things...

I was annoyed to the point that I wrote a speech.  I don't know if it will ever be delivered.
Microaggressions:  The everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs, or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.

How can people who have never known or seen me as anything other than myself, Michelle, manage to misgender me as soon as they learn that I am trans?

If folks would please be so good as to stop it, I would very much appreciate it.

In the past, I have tried to be polite, excusing this behavior.  I now realize that I have been a co-enabler in my own marginalization.

I am afraid that if folks persist with this behavior, I shall become quite fatigued with repeatedly, loudly, persistently, publicly refuting YOU, without regard as to whether or not you accidentally or intentionally insulted,  snubbed, or otherwise delivered that hostile message to me.

After all, intent is not impact...

What's that?  You object to my objecting to being marginalized, degraded, insulted by you?  Oh, I should "just learn to take it?"  I should just calmly accept that I am Other, the freak you think I am, and learn my proper place?

I don't think so.

You see, I believe in the inherent worth and dignity of every person, even myself and other transgender persons.  I believe that the acceptance of one another, even our gender identity, is important.  I believe in justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.

Even the courts in this state see me as female.  My drivers license says I am female.  My birth certificate, my passport, my medical insurance card say I am female.

I have worked hard, my whole life, to try and please others, make them comfortable with me, at great cost to myself.  All I ask for in these late years is to spend a little time just being myself, and just the smallest bit of compassion from you.

Yet, you won't even spare that crumb from your table.  You deny my identity, rationalize that denial, and persist. 

I object.  I insist on that justice, that equity.  I refuse to cooperate in my own marginalization.  I refuse to accept your dehumanizing behavior.  I deny, loudly and persistently, your snubs and insults, however unintentional.

If I don't stand against this now, who will be your next unintentional target?  Who will you subject to this next?

•  

Jessica

I'm terribly sorry that this insensitive women has no social grace and could be so blind.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Michelle,

I agree with your feelings and thoughts on being misgendered.  I am not so sure of your reaction though I can understand the frustration behind it. It may even have been effective.
  As for the speech I think it addresses the issue pretty well but also shows an angry side. That may have been your intent but I am not sure of it's effectiveness in getting the message across.

Hugs,
Laurie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 07, 2018, 12:53:33 AM
I did my presentation on gender to that Open Women's Group.  It went well overall.

There were technical glitches, as in they put the presentation in the one room they had with no presentation equipment.  They did bring in a portable amplifier and microphone. I had packed along a flat screen display at least.  We needed to move a small table to the front of the room to hold the display and my MacBook Air.  And that's when it happened...

One of the women told the others, "I'll get this side and...", gesturing to me, "He'll get that end."

Hey!  Excuse me.  Person standing here with makeup, tan skirt and sleeveless top, hose and heels, conservative makeup is so NOT a "He." 

I looked at her.  "He?  Really?"   I lifted my skirt, pantyhose and ancient cameltoe in view.  "Do you see something I don't?"  She started blushing and stammering.  Another woman stepped up to help move the table.

That just ticked me off.  Here's a group that claims to be "woke', that likes to call themselves open and accepting.  I clearly look female, BUT, they know I am trans.  And I know a few other things...

I was annoyed to the point that I wrote a speech.  I don't know if it will ever be delivered.
Microaggressions:  The everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs, or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.

How can people who have never known or seen me as anything other than myself, Michelle, manage to misgender me as soon as they learn that I am trans?

If folks would please be so good as to stop it, I would very much appreciate it.

In the past, I have tried to be polite, excusing this behavior.  I now realize that I have been a co-enabler in my own marginalization.

I am afraid that if folks persist with this behavior, I shall become quite fatigued with repeatedly, loudly, persistently, publicly refuting YOU, without regard as to whether or not you accidentally or intentionally insulted,  snubbed, or otherwise delivered that hostile message to me.

After all, intent is not impact...

What's that?  You object to my objecting to being marginalized, degraded, insulted by you?  Oh, I should "just learn to take it?"  I should just calmly accept that I am Other, the freak you think I am, and learn my proper place?

I don't think so.

You see, I believe in the inherent worth and dignity of every person, even myself and other transgender persons.  I believe that the acceptance of one another, even our gender identity, is important.  I believe in justice, equity, and compassion in human relations.

Even the courts in this state see me as female.  My drivers license says I am female.  My birth certificate, my passport, my medical insurance card say I am female.

I have worked hard, my whole life, to try and please others, make them comfortable with me, at great cost to myself.  All I ask for in these late years is to spend a little time just being myself, and just the smallest bit of compassion from you.

Yet, you won't even spare that crumb from your table.  You deny my identity, rationalize that denial, and persist. 

I object.  I insist on that justice, that equity.  I refuse to cooperate in my own marginalization.  I refuse to accept your dehumanizing behavior.  I deny, loudly and persistently, your snubs and insults, however unintentional.

If I don't stand against this now, who will be your next unintentional target?  Who will you subject to this next?

I love it!

A woman after my own heart.
  •  

Shy

I've found that if I react to misgendering it just enforces the misconception that I am different, exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid.
At the end of the day it's not us that determines our position or value in a group, it's the group itself. The best we can do is treat others how we would like to be treated, rise above any ignorance with dignity and educate with humility.

It's a toughie Michelle, we all face it. I can sense your anguish and frustration, but try not to make that your world. You are a woman, if certain people struggle with that it doesn't make you any less of a woman. Nurture the things that are good and wholesome in your life, not the insecurities of others.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

SadieBlake

Dang Michelle, good job!

I'm just gonna backstop a bit, apply Hanlon's razor? Was it an aggression on her part? Usually tone of voice etc tell us more and I'm simply curious what your feeling was about her tone in misgendering you? Certainly that's the place where I'd find a misgendering most annoying, she presumably knew what you were there to talk about.

Your response is completely precious, thanks for sharing! ❤️❤️
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •