Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

I just got home from a tour of the Haight-Ashbury (Hey, Mr. Tour Guide, I LIVED this!), and found something most upsetting.

Bad badgers, bad!

While the honey badgers were being ever so naughty, it seems someone has escaped. Everything gone except for one chocolate and a handwritten note to her former captor.

I fear I may be in danger of being captured myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Things could be a little quiet in your neck of the woods for a few weeks...but I have no doubt you will fix that  :D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm working on fixing that...

New toy for the physics nerd to play with. Exciting an electromagnetic field via magnetism rather than electric fields. 

We shall see...

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

SadieBlake

Dang, super high-q loop!!

You are the radio mistress Michelle.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: SadieBlake on April 23, 2018, 08:20:47 PM
Dang, super high-q loop!!
Got it in one!  Extremely high Q, very low impedance so I can maximize current flow and so magnetic field generation.

•  

Michelle_P

I'm off to New York for a long weekend, visiting my daughter there. I haven't seen her in several months, and I haven't been in New York in almost three years.

I'm very much looking forward to this trip. Can't sleep on the red eye, but I've got WiFi for free!

•  

JudiBlueEyes

You look great!  Have a wonderful trip. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 27, 2018, 03:37:42 AM
I'm off to New York for a long weekend, visiting my daughter there. I haven't seen her in several months, and I haven't been in New York in almost three years.

I'm very much looking forward to this trip. Can't sleep on the red eye, but I've got WiFi for free!

I'm so happy you are visiting your daughter, family love is so important.
Have a great time!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Michelle:  A long flight and yes, WiFi for free... how did you get that perk?   
In your picture that you posted I see that you are in the plane and in your seat... and you are looking good, nicely dressed with that great looking scarf.

I had also enjoyed following your girls day out lunch and sight seeing with @Jessica and @Laurie ....
.... all of you wonderful ladies always look so nice together!!!
Have a safe and happy trip... and a nice visit with your daughter...  Enjoy NYC.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

sarah1972

You look so happy!! Enjoy New York!

•  

islandgirl

Enjoy your trip, Michelle! I have to say, that scarf is super! The colour looks so good on you!
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm having a grand time here. While my daughter was working i dropped my bag at the hotel, hit a luncheonette for breakfast and much coffee, and headed for the Strand bookstore, a grand old place with quite literally miles of books on three floors.

I picked up some good Gender Studies texts (trans-feminist theory) and a biography, then went out for coffee before meeting up with my daughter.

I connected with my daughter at the Staten Island ferry terminal in the Battery and we walked up to Eatily for a late lunch. Delicious pizza and salad!

After lunch we walked through the new mall on the south side of the World Trade Center Plaza, beneath and through the Oculus. What a strange cathedral to mass consumerism!  Very odd place and experience to find attached to such a memorial.

We continued our walk up the west side park and with the drizzle eventually headed into the Village and caught a subway. She headed home, and I headed to my hotel room to collapse.

I met up Saturday with my daughter and her Significant Other in Brooklyn for brunch in a little French place by the Brooklyn Expo Center. In the Center was a vinyl records market, perhaps 100 vendors selling old records in various states. We browsed for a few hours, and her SO bought some nice old jazz disks.

More walking, an artists flea market, and eventually lunch of sorts at an ice cream place which was fun. I don't usually dine like this!

We headed back to their apartment to visit, with tea, cat playtime, and Jelly Roll Morton on the phonograph. Later my daughter and I walked and chatted for a while, seeing the sights of Brooklyn, until I returned to my hotel and she to her SO.

I did go out on my own later in the evening to get a large salad for dinner. [emoji4]. See, I can behave.

•  

SadieBlake

Yay Michelle! So glad you're up to some fun with daughter :-). (And kinda sad you're so nearby and I can't get down there for a coffee)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 29, 2018, 07:26:38 AMI connected with my daughter at the Staten Island ferry terminal in the Battery and we walked up to Eatily for a late lunch. Delicious pizza and salad!

After lunch we walked through the new mall on the south side of the World Trade Center Plaza, beneath and through the Oculus. What a strange cathedral to mass consumerism!  Very odd place and experience to find attached to such a memorial.

Wow, six weeks ago I was in exactly the same places.

Look familiar?

If I'd known you were coming I'd have waited around for you! I'm happy to know that it's warmer for you than it was for me!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Today the three of us did brunch at The Smith, delicious stuff, talked, walked about the East Village and talked, until her SO had to go take care of some things. Then my daughter and I walked and talked some more. Nothing consequential, just life. [emoji4]

We stopped for a coffee break at Grand Central Station, then walked, talked, and shopped even more. It was a slightly odd feeling, my daughter and I reconnecting like old friends long separated. It was a good feeling, too.

•  

Michelle_P

I had dinner on my own this evening at  Le Relais de Venise.  Steak and fries, French bistro style. All that's on the menu!   Yes, they bring around and serve seconds.

I started with their standard mixed greens salad with a mustard dressing topped with walnuts.

Dessert was caffe Americain and three tartelettes, lemon, cherry, and dark chocolate. Very nice.

I'm used to dining on my own when out on the town. No big deal. There was at least one other solo diner there while I dined.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 29, 2018, 08:50:24 PMWe stopped for a coffee break at Grand Central Station, then walked, talked, and shopped even more. It was a slightly odd feeling, my daughter and I reconnecting like old friends long separated. It was a good feeling, too.

Grand Central! Dang it girl, we could have waited for you there, too!

It's so cool that you're getting to know your daughter again for the first time. She sounds like she's as exceptional a woman as you are.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks, Stephanie. It looks like my timing was about 3 weeks off.

There I go running late again.

•  

Michelle_P

I'm back at home, and running through my usual routines again.  Unpack, do laundry, walk, meditate, buy groceries, cook.   Pretty standard life for a retired older woman.  I do miss my girlfriend, but I'll be seeing her again in a few weeks when I head north.  Meanwhile, the badgers are sleeping with me.

I did finally get my radio gear unpacked and set up that magnetic loop antenna.  The darn thing is finicky as heck, but works remarkably well.  Nerd stuff...

I had a therapy session on Thursday, very affirmative stuff.  The therapist pointed out that the 'breast augmentation' surgery can make some adjustment from the very wide placement I have for my little 34 Barelys.  I didn't realize that.  I don't want to have anything huge, but it would be nicer to have the spacing better, and to be able to wear more bras comfortably.  I currently use a Warner t-shirt bra that has a wide band and compresses things inward to give me a decent fit and form.

So, I may just be looking into a breast augmentation.  Wow. 

Today's project was another One Day Ham Class.  I was there from 6:45 AM til about 5:30, and am very tired now.  Early to bed tonight, with a good book, I think.  I wish I had better plans, but I make do.

•