News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Quote from: Donna on May 22, 2018, 06:35:38 PM
Spiro. Lol natchos, natchos and more natchos and by the way pass the natchos and salt shaker.

Being on Spiro AND a low sodium diet was not fun.  Fortunately, eliminating the source of testosterone also eliminated the need for a low sodium diet, apparently, as well as the need to take spiro. 

My blood pressure has been delightfully normal post-op!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Donna

Soon oh so soon those pesky little nuts will be someone else's property.
Can't wait for July to get the date set
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

Donna, it really does seem to help.  I had the body dysphoria, of course.  It also seems that removing the source of testosterone, rather than just blocking it, has altered development. 

I've definitely gained on the hips, and lost an inch off the waist post-op.  Breast development has restarted, and that old familiar soreness is often there.

There seem to be lots of benefits for me.  ;D

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Jessica

I have finally broken free of Mistress Michelle's badger enclosure.  She led them away days ago, quietly and early.  She did not alert me to her plans and left me with a tray of gruel and a hamster drip for water.  I have been feverishly looking for the way @Laurie escaped by.  Little did I know it was the Bobbie pin to the rescue.  I found Laurie's in the badgers sleeping area.  Made quick work of the lock and joined in here to find what was going on!

Oh my! Lady Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donna

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 24, 2018, 12:51:45 PM
Donna, it really does seem to help.  I had the body dysphoria, of course.  It also seems that removing the source of testosterone, rather than just blocking it, has altered development. 

I've definitely gained on the hips, and lost an inch off the waist post-op.  Breast development has restarted, and that old familiar soreness is often there.

There seem to be lots of benefits for me.  ;D

Thanks Michelle, I can't truly say I've had time for dysphoria. I've not slowed down since coming out to my wife. I'm cool with the boys leaving and it's not making me nuts( pardon the pun) to wait as I know this is going to give me one part of my dream down and many more to go. What will give me angst is if something interferes with the removal, as in the 50 day UTI I'm currently bonding with——yucky. I'm looking forward to more feminization in what ever form it happens to be. To quote the great scholar Forest Gump life is a box of chocolates, eat them before they melt or something like that
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

I spent today in the company of @Laurie exploring northwest Oregon, and ultimately ending up in Astoria.

We met up with @Tessa James  and enjoyed a nice dinner and conversation, along with even more tourism.

Rumor is that a large Pride event is coming up the second weekend in June in Astoria, Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Kendra

Wow - great photo!  And so glad you are there.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Kendra on May 25, 2018, 03:44:35 AM
Wow - great photo!  And so glad you are there.

Thanks!  And I am happy to be here.  I plan on returning for Astoria Pride in a few weeks, possibly with someone else from the SF Bay Area.  :)

Even better, I just found out that one of my nephews is nearby, and one of my brothers and another nephew are planning a get-together in a small town just above Tacoma, WA for Sunday.  I'm working out details, but just might be heading up there for a 'Meet Michelle' visit.

•  

Laurie

She's only been here 3 full days and already wants to leave.  See how she is? She comes up, gets her Laurie fix and wants to run home.

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 25, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
She's only been here 3 full days and already wants to leave.  See how she is? She comes up, gets her Laurie fix and wants to run home.

@Laurie what have you been doing to that poor woman to make her want to leave...lol

Good to see you two having such a good time!

Liz [emoji3]

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

sarah1972

We need a separate LauMi thread (along with a MeDev thread...)  ;D ;D ;D

Glad you are having so much fun together!'

Hugs,

•  

davina61

You must have left out the "special" ingredients from the magic cookies   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

She may have figured out what I have been feeding her in the breakfasts I have been cooking her.
Quote from: davina61 on May 25, 2018, 03:02:59 PM
You must have left out the "special" ingredients from the magic cookies

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 25, 2018, 02:30:41 PM
Thanks!  And I am happy to be here.  I plan on returning for Astoria Pride in a few weeks, possibly with someone else from the SF Bay Area.  :)

Even better, I just found out that one of my nephews is nearby, and one of my brothers and another nephew are planning a get-together in a small town just above Tacoma, WA for Sunday.  I'm working out details, but just might be heading up there for a 'Meet Michelle' visit.

Hope there's room in your Prius for my wardrobe!  Now I know why my wife always had twice the luggage.  Lol

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donna

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 25, 2018, 01:00:47 AM
I spent today in the company of @Laurie exploring northwest Oregon, and ultimately ending up in Astoria.

We met up with @Tessa James  and enjoyed a nice dinner and conversation, along with even more tourism.

Rumor is that a large Pride event is coming up the second weekend in June in Astoria, Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great picture. Been over that. My wife and I just love that area and we stay in seaside when down that way. Happy you had a great time
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

I coerced Laurie into my vehicle instead of her trusty truck, and then...  Oh, the horror of it all!...  Then I drove her into downtown Portland so I could raid Powell's Books for a bit of trans-feminist theory and a biography that was out of print. Laurie doesn't care for urban spaces, it seems.

Tomorrow, I'm going solo into Washington state, to visit family members I have not seen in many years.  They have never seen ME, of course, so this will be interesting.  One is the nephew, who, when he heard about my coming out, called and left a voicemail message "Aunt Michelle?  I heard about..."

•  

Jessica

Sounds like you've gained acceptance with your nephew!  How wonderful you are for going on this visit.  They need to meet the real you!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Donna

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 27, 2018, 12:04:20 AM
I coerced Laurie into my vehicle instead of her trusty truck, and then...  Oh, the horror of it all!...  Then I drove her into downtown Portland so I could raid Powell's Books for a bit of trans-feminist theory and a biography that was out of print. Laurie doesn't care for urban spaces, it seems.

Tomorrow, I'm going solo into Washington state, to visit family members I have not seen in many years.  They have never seen ME, of course, so this will be interesting.  One is the nephew, who, when he heard about my coming out, called and left a voicemail message "Aunt Michelle?  I heard about..."

It's great that people pick up on and change the terms by which they call you. My sister immediately said she always wanted a big sister, my youngest brother wife calls me sister in law all the time and aunt Donna is very common in the family now. It feels and sound fabulous
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

The visit with my family went well.  I'm pretty sure I startled my brother when I drove up to the house.  Well, he looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head, anyway.  I was dressed in a simple black and white patterned dress, and my usual hair and makeup.  I guess my appearance has changes a bit in 8 years, though.

He pretty quickly recovered, and he and his wife seem to be just fine with me.  Our conversations were pretty general sorts of things, family, catching up, who's where and doing what...

My nephew and his wife and daughter were fine with me as well.  The little girl is quite bright and clever, something I love to see being expressed and supported.  My nephew's wife has a sister who's spouse has transitioned, and they have a family friend who has transitioned as well.  They've been very supportive. 

We did a bit of sleuthing around one of my brothers, who I know had DES exposure similar to mine and was more like me in childhood than my other brothers.  This brother vanished after announcing that they were moving and selling their condominium.  Through some internet searching, did identify a person with a female version of their name associated with the old condo address, and that person had 'possible family members' suggested by the search databases as, well, US.

Perhaps they did the stealth transition thing.  I'm not sure if we should reach out to them and let then know they have support within the family, or if they would consider that stalking.  We're thinking about this before acting or deciding to leave it alone.

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on May 28, 2018, 01:28:24 PMThrough some internet searching, did identify a person with a female version of their name associated with the old condo address, and that person had 'possible family members' suggested by the search databases as, well, US.
Wow, that's quite a development!  Obviously, you know to tread carefully.  It would certainly be cool to find a long-lost sister, and cool for her to find that she has a sister she didn't know about.

Congratulations, too, on reconnecting with your other family members!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •