Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

Ouch Michelle what is happening to San Francisco? So different from my pride experience.

I want to just note that there's no way anyone who would do that was associated or condoned by Good Vibrations! A close friend is a founder of that business and she and that establishment have always been 111% welcoming of trans women.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: SadieBlake on June 27, 2018, 10:41:07 PM
Ouch Michelle what is happening to San Francisco? So different from my pride experience.

I want to just note that there's no way anyone who would do that was associated or condoned by Good Vibrations! A close friend is a founder of that business and she and that establishment have always been 111% welcoming of trans women.

I didn't think it had anything to do with the store.  That's just where these unpleasant people decided to hang out. 

There are not many of them, but there are enough that one might be in a meetup group at an event I am interested in joining, or in a venue hosting an event I am interested in.  Between the rants and attempts to provoke a fight, they pretty much ruin the event for me.

I may just give up on lesbian/queer spaces as places to relax or have fun.  Safer and more relaxing to just hang out with friendly ciswomen or trans-only spaces.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

You can hang out with me Michelle.  hint hint

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

judithlynn

I am exactly the same. I cannot get enough off it. My favourites are:
1. Branston Pickle
2. Piccalile
3. US Pickles (they sometimes get served here in Burgers)
4. Pickled Onions with English Fish & Chips (defininly a West Country habit).

My favourite though is
Ham (US calls it Canadian Bacon) , Eggs (2x sunny side up) with chips and Branston pickle.
or  Cheddar or Wesleydale cheese with Branston pickle on a tangy biscuit
JudithLynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

Donna

Stop it. Lol your making me hungry alrwady
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Michelle_P

Well, another week has gone by, and I'm still around.  Yay me!  ;)

I had my electrolysis last week, a two hour fuzz hunt over much of my face, zapping things that liked like they MIGHT become terminal hairs someday, longer vellus hairs, and such.  I won't have anything for my next session, so my electrolyst and I decided that perhaps it is time to tidy up the eyebrows.  Brow work is a little different as the follicles have a short active growth phase, a few weeks, and a several months long dormant phase.  Not many are zappable at any one time, but they do need to be hit every few weeks to try and catch follicles in that short active phase when they can be treated, and the work lasts several months.   *SIGH*

The week has been spent mostly doing some writing, as I get to lead a Unitarian Universalist service on July 8.  That means doing a Welcome, Joys and Sorrows rituals, sermon and Benediction.  I also get to work with the musicians and my worship associate on other details. Yow!  My first time in this particular barrel.  And, NO, I am so NOT enrolling in Divinity School and becoming a minister!

I did manage to go off with some friends to a nearby pub yesterday to try a few things.  Hot, hot weather here, so a beer was had.  At a friend's recommendation, since I enjoy dark stouts, I tried the pub's "Belching Beaver".  (Hrmph!  Don't even thing about posting that joke.  It won't survive moderation.)  More like a chocolate liqueur than a beer, very rich, with a hit of peanut butter atop the chocolate.  The Greek salad I got was serviceable, nothing more, but the beers were interesting.

Today was church, a bit of socializing, a bit of note taking to make sure I get the details right next week, and a bit of planning after service.  I think I now have my Welcome, Sermon, and Benediction written.  Until I re-read and decide to revise...

I never thought I'd be doing THIS at this point in my life...

The sermon is "Embracing the Unexpected".  That would be ME, in the pulpit!  It is built around the theme of summer vacation trips, travel, and such, but is actually about resiliency.  Good one, huh?

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 01, 2018, 08:57:56 PM
Well, another week has gone by, and I'm still around.  Yay me!  ;)

I had my electrolysis last week, a two hour fuzz hunt over much of my face, zapping things that liked like they MIGHT become terminal hairs someday, longer vellus hairs, and such.  I won't have anything for my next session, so my electrolyst and I decided that perhaps it is time to tidy up the eyebrows.  Brow work is a little different as the follicles have a short active growth phase, a few weeks, and a several months long dormant phase.  Not many are zappable at any one time, but they do need to be hit every few weeks to try and catch follicles in that short active phase when they can be treated, and the work lasts several months.   *SIGH*

The week has been spent mostly doing some writing, as I get to lead a Unitarian Universalist service on July 8.  That means doing a Welcome, Joys and Sorrows rituals, sermon and Benediction.  I also get to work with the musicians and my worship associate on other details. Yow!  My first time in this particular barrel.  And, NO, I am so NOT enrolling in Divinity School and becoming a minister!

I did manage to go off with some friends to a nearby pub yesterday to try a few things.  Hot, hot weather here, so a beer was had.  At a friend's recommendation, since I enjoy dark stouts, I tried the pub's "Belching Beaver".  (Hrmph!  Don't even thing about posting that joke.  It won't survive moderation.)  More like a chocolate liqueur than a beer, very rich, with a hit of peanut butter atop the chocolate.  The Greek salad I got was serviceable, nothing more, but the beers were interesting.

Today was church, a bit of socializing, a bit of note taking to make sure I get the details right next week, and a bit of planning after service.  I think I now have my Welcome, Sermon, and Benediction written.  Until I re-read and decide to revise...

I never thought I'd be doing THIS at this point in my life...

The sermon is "Embracing the Unexpected".  That would be ME, in the pulpit!  It is built around the theme of summer vacation trips, travel, and such, but is actually about resiliency.  Good one, huh?

As I remember 10:30 correct?

You should try my favorite, the "Biting Badger", it has a hint of honey and long in the tooth!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

The service I'm leading is July 8 at 10:15 in the morning.  PM me for details.

I spent an hour of electrolysis time on eyebrows and almost an hour clearing odds and ends on the face. The brows will take a little time every few weeks for almost a year to get rid of the unwanted hairs. Brow hairs are active and zappable for about 3 weeks, and then go dormant for 7 months, more or less. Tedious ...

Now my face is sore, and I have a headache and feel cranky.  Not great.

At least I have the sermon and other big parts of the service done. I still have to get pieces for the childrens section in place and get the hymns nailed down. Alas, I have no taste or skill in hymn selection.

So, there I am. Feeling yucky, boarder with the TV too loud, achy, and no girlfriend around. That last is my fault. I wouldn't be good company while I was writing and suggested she stay away. 

Probably yet another mistake on my part.  I'm pretty good at making mistakes, a skill I have honed my whole life.

I just hope she can forgive me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Try taking 2 aspirin and going to bed. There's nothing to forgive so just forget. We'll have to get together sometime.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 02, 2018, 06:56:56 PM

So, there I am. Feeling yucky, boarder with the TV too loud, achy, and no girlfriend around. That last is my fault. I wouldn't be good company while I was writing and suggested she stay away. 

Probably yet another mistake on my part.  I'm pretty good at making mistakes, a skill I have honed my whole life.

I just hope she can forgive me.

I can tell from her response she may never ever forgive you... ;)

Feeling yucky is horrible...time to treat yourself??

Hope the face ache and head ache both go away quickly and I am sure it wont be too long before you and that reprobate girlfriend of yours can get together  ;D will make it all the more fun  ;)

Take care girls

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 02, 2018, 08:32:07 PM
I can tell from her response she may never ever forgive you... ;)

Feeling yucky is horrible...time to treat yourself??

Hope the face ache and head ache both go away quickly and I am sure it wont be too long before you and that reprobate girlfriend of yours can get together  ;D will make it all the more fun  ;)

Take care girls

Liz

I may just knock myself out for the night shortly.  More sleep should help.    But, yuck!

I may also make a little treat for myself.  Warm chocolate chip cookie topped with berries and gelato?

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 02, 2018, 09:44:20 PM
I may just knock myself out for the night shortly.  More sleep should help.    But, yuck!

I may also make a little treat for myself.  Warm chocolate chip cookie topped with berries and gelato?

I'll have a bowl thanks  :D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 02, 2018, 09:44:20 PM

I'm coming over!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on July 02, 2018, 11:28:44 PM
I'm coming over!
You missed that, AND the French toast with blueberry compote this morning.

Too slow!

•  

Michelle_P

With my feeling 'off' the past few days, I re-checked some of the material I've been writing.

Damn.

It looks like depression is returning to wrap me in it's black, smothering blanket again.  No wonder I haven't felt like doing ANYTHING.  It's been an effort to just take care of myself the past few days.  This stinks.

My HMO has a group session tonight.   I will definitely be there.

•  

SadieBlake

Been there done that recently sister, my doc suggested going back on antidepressants a couple of weeks ago. I think the mere mention may be scaring my blues away.

Whatever the reason, 3 months of fairly black moods served to remind me that transition alone doesn't solve all of life's problems and I'm allowing that my depressive response isn't totally out of proportion to the stimuli.

Keep on keeping on Michelle.

S
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 03, 2018, 05:26:06 PM
With my feeling 'off' the past few days, I re-checked some of the material I've been writing.

Damn.

It looks like depression is returning to wrap me in it's black, smothering blanket again.  No wonder I haven't felt like doing ANYTHING.  It's been an effort to just take care of myself the past few days.  This stinks.

My HMO has a group session tonight.   I will definitely be there.

@Michelle_P .... please don't let depression get the upper hand.... nip it in the bud. 
Perhaps it might be good to visit my  "Positive Mindset ... put away negativity"  thread and get charged up again.
      https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,238255.0.html

Hugs, and well wishes.... and also remember you have that Church Service that you are leading on July 8th...  that thought alone should encourage you.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

islandgirl

Michelle I feel for you as I am in the same place. I am trying to be positive, but more resigned. I have found myself becoming less active and this just leads to more weight, poor quality sleep, and greater isolation.

Danielle, thanks for upper thread! I check it regularly and I know the positive framing of thought is important. I often   find myself at the point of not caring. I know this is depression speaking. I was a therapist and worked with both children and adults who were depressed. Moving from the stuck position to unstuck is difficult, especially when one believes that there is no possibility of change. This is perception I know, but it where I am.

To all who are in this place, looking beyond today to tomorrow, next week or next month helps. This is what has helped me so far.  This and thinking of others in our lives! Not simple and does not always work for me.

All the Best as we journey along our paths!

Hugs,
Kelly
  •  

LizK

The very first thing you have in your corner is your insight. This along with you ability to act are both positives when dealing with depression. Its a nasty sneaky thing and I myself am just climbing out from under its smothering blanket and I really do understand what you mean when you say wrapping around you. I hope you can ward off the worst of it with some support. I am sure your girlfriend will be their to provide expert assistance.

Take care
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Thank you, everyone.

Key to this is knowing what is going on. Having caught it early,
I can process it and avoid the worst. I suspect it is here because of
overwhelming short term demands on my time and a lack of self-care.

I have a huge block of time set aside soon, just for myself and one special person, and that should help.

I'm doing my positive affirmation again, running through my metta at each meditation session, twice daily.

I'm not going to let it get worse

•