News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 04, 2018, 01:09:53 AM

I have a huge block of time set aside soon, just for myself and one special person, and that should help.

I'm doing my positive affirmation again, running through my metta at each meditation session, twice daily.

I'm not going to let it get worse

And not if I can help it.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Phew!

I got though conducting my first Unitarian Universalist service, with no disasters.  My sermon on resilience, Embracing the Unexpected was received very well by the congregation.  First unexpected item for the day was me in the pulpit!

After service I was in the reception line for folks coming into coffee hour, and that also went well.  Everyone I talked to found something for themselves in the sermon, which I was very happy to hear.  I think some members were relieved that they didn't get a Gender Identity 101 sermon from me based on a couple comments, but that was a secondary goal for me, to deliberately craft a strong message with broad appeal that did not stem from the one topic some may associate with me. I'm more than that!

Early this afternoon I hosted a brunch at a local Sunday buffet for several people, including four folks who had 'won' brunch with me last October in a fundraiser for the church, and @Laurie and @Jessica.  This went very well, with plenty of good conversation and delicious overindulgences.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Donna

Wow girl that is just amazing. That had to be a wonderful feeling to get up there and do all you did. I doubt I could have done that.
Congratulations and my respect to you
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 08, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Phew!

I got though conducting my first Unitarian Universalist service, with no disasters.  My sermon on resilience, Embracing the Unexpected was received very well by the congregation.  First unexpected item for the day was me in the pulpit!

After service I was in the reception line for folks coming into coffee hour, and that also went well.  Everyone I talked to found something for themselves in the sermon, which I was very happy to hear.  I think some members were relieved that they didn't get a Gender Identity 101 sermon from me based on a couple comments, but that was a secondary goal for me, to deliberately craft a strong message with broad appeal that did not stem from the one topic some may associate with me. I'm more than that!

Early this afternoon I hosted a brunch at a local Sunday buffet for several people, including four folks who had 'won' brunch with me last October in a fundraiser for the church, and @Laurie and @Jessica.  This went very well, with plenty of good conversation and delicious overindulgences.

Michelle, you are much more than that!  You have that correct.
Your sermon was very inclusive to anyone that was there.  I found many parallels to my life in it as I'm certain everyone did. 
Thank you for inviting me to this wonderfully accepting group of lovers of life and humanity.

Brunch was lovely, fine foods with great conversation and friendship.

Thank you again, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 08, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Phew!

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:  Thank you so very much for posting this...  I have been anticipating your update about you leading the July 8th service since you announced it last week.
You look wonderful and beautiful behind the pulpit...
Congratulations on your message that was warmly received as was confirmed by comments that members made at the after service coffee hour.

Your picture that you posted of the brunch with @Jessica and @Laurie is absolutely wonderful for all of us to see.  Both of those ladies look beautiful in their "Sunday best"

Again, thank you for posting this.... wonderful to read and to see...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

SadieBlake

Michelle, that's wonderful, wish I could have been there. I wonder if you have your speaking notes, I'd love to read your sermon.

Also so glad Laurie was back ... I shouldn't be surprised of course but I have the sort of brain that takes in what happened last and runs with that as reality so as you were writing about your creative process and being alone with your longer, that's how I'd projected your giving your sermon.

Hugs &c
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Kendra

This is so great to see, and after re-reading I spotted the link to your sermon contained in your post and read that.  I see why this was received so well, reading your sermon caused me to think about several things. 

The photo of you, Laurie, and Jessica at brunch.  I see so much in this wonderful photo - you are all glowing.  A journey well earned. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

steph2.0

Thank you, Kendra, for reposting the link to the sermon.

Michelle, what a beautifully written piece! As any good presentation of its type should, it has made me think. Strength versus resiliency... hmmm. I think I've learned something.

My favorite line, though:

Should I get in the truck with her the next time she leaves?  Yes, of course I should.

Michelle's coming to visit! Squeeee!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

My Sunday sermon was "Embrace the Unexpected".  Well, seeing ME in the pulpit counts as being unexpected, right?

The sermon was on the topic of resilience, in individuals and community. 

The sermon video recording is now on line.  There were some technical glitches with the stream but it is still usable. The video runs about 15 minutes.   I've also put the sermon text up on a blog page.

Sermon from July 8, 2018:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OYhCLMbTLS4&feature=youtu.be

Full sermon text:
http://michellepaquette.blogspot.com/2018/07/embracing-unexpected-july-8-2018-sermon.html?m=1

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Katie Jade

Late for me so book marked and will read tomorrow - A new angle on the website that was unexpected but very much welcome.
Bless

Love

Katie

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Anne Blake

Well done Michelle,

The concept of resiliency as defined by physicists or engineers is interesting but moving the aspects of this to the human condition or more directly to a specific human journey is truly worth noticing. I joined Susan's Place two years ago, not far from the time you joined and I have been watching your journey all along. Honestly, two years ago I would not have given either of us much of a chance of surviving and much less of thriving. Your journey is a study in resilience combined with both the ability to learn and the synergy of a whole being so much greater than the parts that were present back then. Well done girl!

Tia Anne
  •  

Katie Jade

Hi
Your sermon was really good, well put together for the audience, thought provoking and very well presented. It is one that I shall watch again.
Next time go, I agree. I would as well.

Katie

;D

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow!  Thank you, everyone, for looking at and commenting on this.   @Jessica and @Laurie were able to come and see the presentation at the church, very much appreciated.

Quote from: Anne Blake on July 09, 2018, 11:23:01 PM
I joined Susan's Place two years ago, not far from the time you joined and I have been watching your journey all along. Honestly, two years ago I would not have given either of us much of a chance of surviving and much less of thriving. Your journey is a study in resilience combined with both the ability to learn and the synergy of a whole being so much greater than the parts that were present back then. Well done girl!

I did have the concept of resilience and our experience in transition in mind when I wrote the sermon, but I deliberately avoided bringing the transgender experience into the presentation. Some may argue with this, but I had a secondary goal in the sermon of demonstrating that there is more to trans persons than just being trans. Life is not all about just gender identity.

Tia Anne, you have absolutely hit it on the head. Resilience is a key property in our ability to successfully transition to living our authentic lives.  We have to continuously respond and adjust to changes within ourselves, our situation, and those around us. We need to have a rich set of tools to cope with change and develop our responses and revised plans, and we need the community of trust and support to lend us the support and skill needed to rebound from stresses, develop our resilience, and thrive.

Quote from: Katie Again on July 10, 2018, 11:55:58 AM
Your sermon was really good, well put together for the audience, thought provoking and very well presented. It is one that I shall watch again.
Next time go, I agree. I would as well.

Thank you, Katie. It was fun to ask that question from the pulpit and hear voices throughout the congregation shout "Yes!" 

I was very happy to have the level of attention and engagement that I saw in the congregation Sunday. This was a remarkable experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Michelle_P

Tuesday night, on the second Tuesday of the month...  time for the ham radio club to meet!

Now THIS is a real life experience!  Zero misgendering here, BTW. I transitioned to full time WHILE I was the club president.

"Good evening, I am your club president, Michelle P.  Welcome to our monthly meeting. Tonight's speakers..."
🤣

•  

steph2.0

How cool, Michelle! That's the same night I run our flying club meeting - and so appropriate, since you were my inspiration as I accepted being voted in as president for the fifth time... and the first time.

Its awesome that you don't get misgendered! It happened to me twice last month, and I was called "Steve" once tonight (quickly corrected and covered up). Maybe hams are more enlightened than pilots.

Still, something wonderful happened at the meeting tonight. If you're curious, I wrote about it in my personal thread.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Steph, it's common for hams to refer to each other by callsign, which probably helps. [emoji6]   That said quite a few also refer to me as Michelle.

I saw that event in your personal thread. Isn't being accepted as yourself a wonderful thing?

•  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

The video of my July 8 2018 sermon is online!

"Expect the Unexpected" - Michelle Paquette, Worship Associate at MDUUC

•  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

Thanks, Drexy. This was quite an experience. I think my voice is holding up better now for these longer presentations.

I had my electrolysis session today.  The whole face and eyebrows were done in an hour and 45 minutes. There's very little new stuff, so we are dropping to a 1 hour session for the next two, before stopping all work for August and at least part of September around the upcoming facial feminization surgery (FFS).

Two years ago when I started I never thought I would reach this point. I'm sitting in a diner, doing lunch on my own, presenting as my authentic self, no makeup other than lipstick. I've ordered lunch, and am having coffee.

This is such a change from two years ago. Jodie describes this as new "firsts".  First time not needing extensive electrolysis, for example.

Our first times just living as ourselves, just being the women or men we always felt we were, finally, fully authentic, no fuss. It's just amazing.

•