Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 16, 2018, 01:43:11 PM
Thanks, Drexy. This was quite an experience. I think my voice is holding up better now for these longer presentations.

I had my electrolysis session today.  The whole face and eyebrows were done in an hour and 45 minutes. There's very little new stuff, so we are dropping to a 1 hour session for the next two, before stopping all work for August and at least part of September around the upcoming facial feminization surgery (FFS).

Two years ago when I started I never thought I would reach this point. I'm sitting in a diner, doing lunch on my own, presenting as my authentic self, no makeup other than lipstick. I've ordered lunch, and am having coffee.

This is such a change from two years ago. Jodie describes this as new "firsts".  First time not needing extensive electrolysis, for example.

Our first times just living as ourselves, just being the women or men we always felt we were, finally, fully authentic, no fuss. It's just amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle: 
Your post put a big smile on my face as I read your jubilation over just having coffee by yourself, no makeup.... sitting there as the woman that you have become... and with a voice to match. 
I could not be any happier for you.

Since I relocated here when I became full time I remember my first few days...  no one here knew that I was anything else but a woman... and did not know for almost a year and a half when finally I let it be known about my "secret" past.   It was a wonderful experience for sure to be able to be who I finally am.

Thank you for posting your very encouraging words and your great picture....  keep on keeping on.

Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Anne Blake

Our first times just living as ourselves, just being the women or men we always felt we were, finally, fully authentic, no fuss. It's just amazing.

Michelle, welcome to life as it should be.

Tia Anne
  •  

Katie Jade

Thanks, Drexy. This was quite an experience. I think my voice is holding up better now for these longer presentations.

I had my electrolysis session today.  The whole face and eyebrows were done in an hour and 45 minutes. There's very little new stuff, so we are dropping to a 1 hour session for the next two, before stopping all work for August and at least part of September around the upcoming facial feminization surgery (FFS).

Two years ago when I started I never thought I would reach this point. I'm sitting in a diner, doing lunch on my own, presenting as my authentic self, no makeup other than lipstick. I've ordered lunch, and am having coffee.

This is such a change from two years ago. Jodie describes this as new "firsts".  First time not needing extensive electrolysis, for example.

Dear Michelle,

Loving your posts more and more - you really do inspire, especially me as you are totally you now, and you know it.

I look forwards more for seeing you in your next sermons and vids, and reading your posts over the last few years (I read a lot..) I can see more of the path I am and will take, thank you.

Take care, god bless

Luv n Hugz

Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

...Two years ago when I started I never thought I would reach this point. I'm sitting in a diner, doing lunch on my own, presenting as my authentic self, no makeup other than lipstick. I've ordered lunch, and am having coffee.

I certainly agree that this is a wonderful time.  It seems like all the "heavy lifting" we did has paid off and we can now live and be seen as authentic.   This is feeling of true freedom.
Judi 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Michelle_P

I have gotten some queries recently concerning the honey badgers and their welfare. I just wanted to reassure everyone that the badgers are healthy, well fed, and getting lots of exercise.

In fact, they are eagerly awaiting their evening romp right now.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Impressive 👏👏👏👏👏👏 totally admirable 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm happy.  Life is good.  And, when I am happy, there are certain activities I have...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

LizK

You better be bringing some of those with you!! :o  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

A good day, good therapy session, good company, and good dinner.  This calls for a good dessert.  Clafoutis!

Homemade cherry clafoutis fresh from the oven.  Yum!

On a more serious note, I talked about a possible breast augmentation with my therapist.  After 2 years of HRT I am a 34-Barely (34-A to B, or a 36AA), and while a lightly padded or molded cup bra can work wonders, in a swimsuit, or a sundress... Not so much. 

And since I no longer have much of the body shame driven by my dysphoria, I think I would like to go swimming more.  I had a chance to try this earlier this summer and very much enjoyed it.  Alas, I have a figure to rival Olive Oyl or Grandma Twiggy.

So, in the morning I have an appointment to be evaluated for possible medically necessary care in the form of a breast augmentation.  Fingers crossed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

Drexy/Drex

That's great .....I'm looking forward to your upcoming ffs journey 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Megan.

The clafoutis looks super yummy. Hope the BA consult goes well. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle: 
I hope and trust that your breast augmentation consultation and hopefully future planned surgery provides the results that you are seeking. 
We will all be looking forward to your updates as you feel comfortable posting them.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

LizK

I hope it works out for you Michelle. Good luck with the appointment I am sure you will be able to charm them in to understanding how important this to you.  ;)

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Consult done and approved!  The consult with the mental health person went well, and they think I can have the feminizing mammoplasty combined with the vaginoplasty revision I am asking for, as the same doctor does both.

Now it's just a matter of scheduling and waiting...

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 02, 2018, 11:04:20 AM
Consult done and approved!  The consult with the mental health person went well, and they think I can have the feminizing mammoplasty combined with the vaginoplasty revision I am asking for, as the same doctor does both.

Now it's just a matter of scheduling and waiting...

Yay Michelle 🌸🌸🌸🌸!

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

Nicely done Michelle

I hope the rest of the planning(sorry for swearing  ;)) for it goes well.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Michelle_P

Some of you may be aware that I am currently on a road trip with @Laurie, as one of the Wandering Waifs of Susan's Place.  This has gone very well, pushing my 'comfort zone' a bit, as well as seriously denting Laurie's.

We are currently resting at Tia Anne and Debbie's place in Colorado for a few days.  Ah, but life goes on...

I couldn't completely clear my calendar of appointments, as I have facial feminization surgery (FFS) at the end of the month.  Prior to FFS there are several phone apppointments to be completed.  The first of these was last night with Dr. Klineberger, the surgeon.  Everything I wanted done from the jawline up will be in this first of two surgeries on the face. A second surgery once swelling is gone will include the trach shave and lower facelift.

There will be a couple more appointments while on the road, done over the phone, with preop instructions and the exact time of surgery to be delivered to me.  Things are finally in motion!

And, I have to get moving.  There is food to prepare for a wedding reception!

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 08, 2018, 04:12:17 PM
Some of you may be aware that I am currently on a road trip with @Laurie, as one of the Wandering Waifs of Susan's Place.  This has gone very well, pushing my 'comfort zone' a bit, as well as seriously denting Laurie's.

We are currently resting at Tia Anne and Debbie's place in Colorado for a few days.  Ah, but life goes on...

I couldn't completely clear my calendar of appointments, as I have facial feminization surgery (FFS) at the end of the month.  Prior to FFS there are several phone apppointments to be completed.  The first of these was last night with Dr. Klineberger, the surgeon.  Everything I wanted done from the jawline up will be in this first of two surgeries on the face. A second surgery once swelling is gone will include the trach shave and lower facelift.

There will be a couple more appointments while on the road, done over the phone, with preop instructions and the exact time of surgery to be delivered to me.  Things are finally in motion!

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle: 
Thank you for your update... 
Preparing food for  the wedding reception... then hopefully you are staying around for Tia Anne's and Debbie's wedding...   right???

Enjoy your road trip and your time with @Laurie  ...   
... the real test of a friendship or of a relationship is
      "will you still be friends after your vacation together?"

Oh, and wishing you well with your upcoming surgery.  This is definitively an exciting time for you as you continue in your transition goals.   This is obviously a big step in that direction.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on August 08, 2018, 04:12:17 PM

You are right at home now, do they have enough baking pans for the cookies?

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on August 08, 2018, 08:19:56 PM
You are right at home now, do they have enough baking pans for the cookies?

[emoji847] They do now!

Gluten-free pinwheels and cherry-chocolate clafoutis are to be made.

Fun and easy stuff to make up.

•