Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 12, 2018, 10:03:37 PM
My wonderful girlfriend @Laurie has made a special dinner for me, from scratch.  Oh, my!  Also, YUM!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's very kind of Laurie.  It looks delicious!
Hope to see you tomorrow, Laurie is purposely being evasive on your twos doings.
I will be dropping off water tanks for her to bring up to @Tessa James

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 12, 2018, 10:16:29 PM
@Michelle_P    cc: @Laurie
Dear Michelle:
Wowzers... a wonderful looking plate of food, looks absolutely delicious.  Laurie is not only beautiful and caring, but it appears that she can cook too....  if I were you I would keep her around.

Positively
Lovely
And 
Nutritious

Hugs,
Danielle

Ah. Indeed. I love it!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

One of those days...

Girlfriend has headed north for a while.  I'm off to church to take on a couple of tasks.

For a 'scavenger hunt',  I get to wait in a certain place for folks to come by and ask me a set of questions about being a Worship Associate.  I waited. And waited.  One person came by.

Oh, well.

Later that afternoon, I co-hosted a "QUEER 101" class, basic stuff on LGBTQ folks that the congregation really, really, really needs a refresher on.  I was there with the intern minister and one other person from the LGBTQ committee to host a 2 hour Safe Zone training that I have done elsewhere a few times.

One person, an ally that I have chatted with many times and is already conversant on the topic, came.  We held the class.

Oh, well...

Some days, it just isn't worth the trouble to get out of bed, ya know?  At least I have sweet & sour pork and fried rice leftovers for dinner.  Thank you, @Laurie !
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 14, 2018, 07:08:29 PMM

Oh, well...At least I have sweet & sour pork and fried rice leftovers for dinner.  Thank you, @Laurie !

Michelle, I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend church today, my wife decided we going shopping for garden stuff.
When I was there yesterday I don't think you and Laurie recognized that you were making me drool when you talked about making it together.  All Laurie let me taste was hot sauce...

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on October 14, 2018, 07:29:47 PM
Michelle, I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend church today, my wife decided we going shopping for garden stuff.
When I was there yesterday I don't think you and Laurie recognized that you were making me drool when you talked about making it together.  All Laurie let me taste was hot sauce...

Quite all right.  Family comes first!

And she didn't give you a taste of the sweet&sour pork?  Good grief!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 14, 2018, 07:37:59 PM
Quite all right.  Family comes first!

And she didn't give you a taste of the sweet&sour pork?  Good grief!

n That's because I am MeanRotten.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

My former roommate is relocating across country, under unfortunate circumstances.  I'm going to miss her, in spite of her quirks and the over the top banter with Laurie.  I'll have to get used to being by myself again.

Today I finished packing up the last of her stuff, hauling it all off to the shipping terminal, and delivering her car to a dealer she had arranged with.  I'm sort of tired and feeling a little down.  I do at least have a therapy appointment, a group session tomorrow, so I'll be seeing and talking to people.

I've got Worship Associate duties this Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist congregation here.  Some speech writing and a bunch of prep work to keep me busy, probably a good thing.

In the plus column, absolutely nobody misgendered me, or gave me any of 'those' looks.  I'm certain I was passing everywhere today.  Yay.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 16, 2018, 11:31:21 PM
My former roommate is relocating across country, under unfortunate circumstances.  I'm going to miss her, in spite of her quirks and the over the top banter with Laurie.  I'll have to get used to being by myself again.

Today I finished packing up the last of her stuff, hauling it all off to the shipping terminal, and delivering her car to a dealer she had arranged with.  I'm sort of tired and feeling a little down.  I do at least have a therapy appointment, a group session tomorrow, so I'll be seeing and talking to people.

I've got Worship Associate duties this Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist congregation here.  Some speech writing and a bunch of prep work to keep me busy, probably a good thing.

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
I would imagine that after living with a roommate or a partner for any extended period of time that the sudden change to living alone would be difficult to deal with.   

In a slightly different way, when I relocated to my new town, I knew absolutely no one here... I hated the evenings and weekends living in an isolated rural area with no friends or buddies to hang around with plus to make it worse the town rolled up the streets at night.... and in the winter time the darkness was long.   I made a point of staying busy with my office work and found hobbies to keep my mind off of being lonely. 

I soon started exercising my natural personality of being friendly and outgoing, I also found that my next door from my office coffee shop was in reality the town's meet and greet center.... and soon I became involved in many new friendships and acquaintances... and to my surprise new suitors too.  I also am keeping busy being involved with civic activities, my gym-gals group meets every week and my monthly book club, and more.

I have said this around the forums many times before:  "Busy people are happy people."

It is good that you are keeping your mind occupied with your near future commitments of being a Worship Associate at your church... and your speech writing and prep work....  in time you will again develop lots of things that will keep you busy in between your visits from @Laurie   Fortunately for you, it seems that you do have many local friends including some of your like-minded forums friends that live fairly close by.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Kendra

Alright Michelle time for a nice big hug.  Here ya go. 

You have handled so many things very well and it's interesting how the things you're facing are increasingly connected to just regular life. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Kendra on October 17, 2018, 12:17:37 AM

You have handled so many things very well and it's interesting how the things you're facing are increasingly connected to just regular life.

Thanks, Kendra!

Yes, you are right.  Much of what I am dealing with is just life, the routine things most women deal with in life, and has very little to do with my transgender origins. That's a good thing, overall.

I think I have pretty much completed my social transition at this point, and honestly, I think I could get by on just the medical work done so far, stage 1 GCS and FFS.  The rest is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

This is part of why I continue to post here, to document life as transitioning ends and my life goes on. Too many focus on transition and not on what they might focus their drive on afterward.

•  

Jessica

Michelle, I've been wondering why you've been on my mind.  I have wanted to come by this week, but I've had ⚡️⚡️⚡️ three times this week already, I have an ENT appointment tomorrow.  I would like to see you on Thursday if you would like....?

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on October 17, 2018, 12:57:51 AM
Michelle, I've been wondering why you've been on my mind.  I have wanted to come by this week, but I've had ⚡️⚡️⚡️ three times this week already, I have an ENT appointment tomorrow.  I would like to see you on Thursday if you would like....?

Thanks, Jess!  Thursday, though, I have a couple hours of electrolysis lined up.  The left side of my face and neck haven't seen The Needle since late July, and definitely need some work, The right side is better, but it has been 3 weeks there and cleanup is a good idea. 

I get treatment an hour north of here, and with lunch, drive time, and a COSTCO run, Thursday doesn't have much free time left in it.  I know you have plans over the weekend, and while I would love to join you, I have that Worship Associate gig Sunday.  I may just hit Octoberfest on Saturday with some friends.

•  

Cindy

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 17, 2018, 12:47:10 AM
Quote from: Kendra on October 17, 2018, 12:17:37 AM

Thanks, Kendra!

Yes, you are right.  Much of what I am dealing with is just life, the routine things most women deal with in life, and has very little to do with my transgender origins. That's a good thing, overall.

I think I have pretty much completed my social transition at this point, and honestly, I think I could get by on just the medical work done so far, stage 1 GCS and FFS.  The rest is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

This is part of why I continue to post here, to document life as transitioning ends and my life goes on. Too many focus on transition and not on what they might focus their drive on afterward.

In my opinion that is the one of the keys to an enjoyable life following all of the "stuff" of the previous one. After all the traumas are done with we still have to earn a living, be social, have interests and face the day. The difference being is that we can now face it as a happy well balanced person.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 17, 2018, 01:28:10 AM
Thanks, Jess!  Thursday, though, I have a couple hours of electrolysis lined up.  The left side of my face and neck haven't seen The Needle since late July, and definitely need some work, The right side is better, but it has been 3 weeks there and cleanup is a good idea. 

I get treatment an hour north of here, and with lunch, drive time, and a COSTCO run, Thursday doesn't have much free time left in it.  I know you have plans over the weekend, and while I would love to join you, I have that Worship Associate gig Sunday.  I may just hit Octoberfest on Saturday with some friends.

Michelle, I'm sorry the house is quiet again but with all your activities in between Jessica and Laurie's visits, I sounds like you have little time alone. Stay busy and happy.

Wow, an hours drive to electrolysis? I'm embarrassed to step out the door with all the numbing cream and cellophane (did I spell that right?) on my face. The back windows of the cosmos sled are tinted but the driver and passenger windows are not. I kinda sink down in my seat when people start to stare.

I'm glad to hear and always hope you do continue to update your threads. As you stated, transitioning never really ends. There will always be something to post about.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Laurie

I say enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit. Karen always does when I leave home to roam around. You will get used to it soon enough and then either I will show up at your place to disturb the peace or you will come up here to bother me. In the meantime you will get busy with church stuff, visiting bad influences, or you'll get out activisting.. In fact I feel I actually inhit you from doing a lot of those things when I and visiting you.
  You will survive, you're alive!

Love you,
Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on October 17, 2018, 11:46:04 AM.Wow, an hours drive to electrolysis? I'm embarrassed to step out the door with all the numbing cream and cellophane (did I spell that right?) on my face. The back windows of the cosmos sled are tinted but the driver and passenger windows are not. I kinda sink down in my seat when people start to stare.

1:25 for me. It takes so long that I have to replenish the numbing cream on half my face, or it'll be wearing off by the end of the two hour session.

I quit worrying about other people a while ago. I really don't see anyone looking anyhow. Everyone is wrapped up in their own world and really doesn't care. I used to think everyone was staring, too, until I watched closer. Besides, I'm just having a skin condition treated. If any one asks, tell them it's hyperpilification. That should stop them in their tracks. (Look it up!)

Stepganie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Huummm,,, hyperpilification,,,, not sure what to think of that one? But, sounds good to me ;D.

Donica.
  •  

Michelle_P

I am taking a self-care day until group tonight.

Decompression is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Yes indeed, a self care day is just what is needed from time to time.   You, your hair, and your "little" smile on your lovely face looks wonderful in your selfie photo... and your fingernails look great
Like I had told @Jessica recently on her thread, when one is down and not on top of the world, there is nothing better than going to a spa to get pampered... hair, eyebrows, mani/pedi, and if you really need to be lifted up a visit to a spa for a massage and other pampering treatments.

Thanks for sharing ...  I trust that you day is getting better and better now.
Hugs, and well wishes as always.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •