Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 14, 2018, 06:49:25 PM
> The surgeon explained that he could easily do the revision and BA during the same surgery, which would save me a pass of general anesthesia and some recovery time. 

This is exactly what I did when I had my 350's installed.  Left, center, right.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Kendra on November 14, 2018, 10:49:03 PM
This is exactly what I did when I had my 350's installed.  Left, center, right.
[emoji23], I'm 'totally recalling' you talking about that. [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

Donica

Congratulations Michelle!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Maid Marion

Michelle, wish you well on your recovery and upcoming surgery!

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Very nice Michelle.  I wish you all the best success. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Best wishes dear, hope it all goes well and you have lots of careful!! hugs from the GF.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Thank you, everyone!   I don't expect any great problems with the surgery next March.  I am sort of amused to get this covered under the US Medicare system.  "Dear folks: Guess what you just paid for?  :o ". (I paid a hefty fortune into Medicare, more than enough to have bought top line insurance for myself for the next several decades...)

I just got a little affirmation in the mail.  My car registration for the coming year just arrived. 

"REGISTERED OWNER: MICHELLE JEAN P."

Yup!  Got that right.

Michelle P.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 18, 2018, 10:14:49 AM
Thank you, everyone!   I don't expect any great problems with the surgery next March.  I am sort of amused to get this covered under the US Medicare system.  "Dear folks: Guess what you just paid for?  :o ". (I paid a hefty fortune into Medicare, more than enough to have bought top line insurance for myself for the next several decades...)

I just got a little affirmation in the mail.  My car registration for the coming year just arrived. 

Yup!  Got that right.

Michelle P.

One more in the line of many that you have achieved.

Big hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 18, 2018, 10:14:49 AM

Yup!  Got that right.

Michelle P.
@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Very wonderful news indeed....  it is so nice and very affirming to get the "details" like this all in order...
What's next on your name and gender change list?  For me there was always something else that would pop up after I thought it was all done.

Thanks for sharing your happy news.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Wonderful Michelle!
You are leagally a woman now, the documents don't lie!

It would be nice if you could tell us old folks who hope that medicare will pay for our surgery, what we have to watch for and to make sure that medicare pays for our surgery, too!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

Great news Michelle! I'm still waiting for my auto reg to arrive. Yup! SSA and Medicare. It's part of our retirement. We paid modest fortunes for 50+ years. We laid the ground work, it's up to the next generation to take our place.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 18, 2018, 10:42:38 AM
Very wonderful news indeed....  it is so nice and very affirming to get the "details" like this all in order...
What's next on your name and gender change list?  For me there was always something else that would pop up after I thought it was all done.

I changed this in early 2017, once I got the pink slip for the vehicle, bought December 2016.  This is the first automatic renewal (not me filing and prepaying fees), and it was nice to see it Just Work.

My new Medicare card was also a pleasant goodie to get, with the correct name automatically issued, and from the insurance side, it looks like the hidden gender marker was correct.

The only thing left is my DD214, and getting that changed is mostly a matter of filing everything correctly, and refilling if needed until a friendly review committee approves it.  Gotta have the right name on my official GI Bill tombstone.  (I plan on being cremated.)

I've got my corrected birth certificate, SS card, Medicare card, drivers license, auto registration, radio operator's license, Volunteer License  Examiner's card, credit cards, bank and investment accounts, checks, my deed, HOA paperwork, museum memberships, rail/bus cards, cable and electric bills, cellphone service, and magazine subscriptions changed.

Only junk mail shows up with the old name.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Dietlind on November 18, 2018, 10:47:54 AM
Wonderful Michelle!
You are leagally a woman now, the documents don't lie!

It would be nice if you could tell us old folks who hope that medicare will pay for our surgery, what we have to watch for and to make sure that medicare pays for our surgery, too!

The trick seems to be to find a Medicare Advantage plan with the right benefits.  Rather than the Federal Government being the payor for medical expenses, which let them override state rules on what can be covered, these plans simply get premium support for the 'Part A" features, about $410/month, with the member paying the rest of the premium for coverage.

In California the rules require HMOs providing individual coverage to cover all 'medically necessary treatment' with no carve-outs for disallowing transgender care.  The rules apply to individual Medicare Advanatge plans from HMOs as well.  I have care through the Northern California Kaiser HMO on an individual Medicare Advantage plan, so I appear to be covered.

Note that I hustled to get my Gender Confirmation Surgery (GCS) and Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) done, at least through their first stages, before I went on Medicare because I still worry about some Federal override of state law being done.  That has not happened yet, and would likely be tied up in court for years rather than have any immediate impact.

I know that Kaiser recently stated that they will continue transgender medical care without regard to government policy changes, which is pretty amazing.

Kaiser Permanente will continue its care for transgender people even if federal requirements are removed

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 18, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
The trick seems to be to find a Medicare Advantage plan with the right benefits.  Rather than the Federal Government being the payor for medical expenses, which let them override state rules on what can be covered, these plans simply get premium support for the 'Part A" features, about $410/month, with the member paying the rest of the premium for coverage.

In California the rules require HMOs providing individual coverage to cover all 'medically necessary treatment' with no carve-outs for disallowing transgender care.  The rules apply to individual Medicare Advanatge plans from HMOs as well.  I have care through the Northern California Kaiser HMO on an individual Medicare Advantage plan, so I appear to be covered.

Note that I hustled to get my Gender Confirmation Surgery (GCS) and Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) done, at least through their first stages, before I went on Medicare because I still worry about some Federal override of state law being done.  That has not happened yet, and would likely be tied up in court for years rather than have any immediate impact.

I know that Kaiser recently stated that they will continue transgender medical care without regard to government policy changes, which is pretty amazing.

Kaiser Permanente will continue its care for transgender people even if federal requirements are removed

This is great news, I've been worried.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 18, 2018, 08:32:17 PM

Thanks, I hope that Florida allows similar benefits once I am ready for them.

Kaiser Permanente was always a very advanced operating insurance.  The entire Kaiser Foundation is great.  I did a lot of field testing in the Kaiser hospital in Burbank, and really liked their attitude!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Michelle_P

I am now another year older, a body 39 years old for the 26th year, with a 17 year old mind driving.  Yes, I have my Medicare card...

@Laurie and I celebrated last night.  She surprised me with a lovely dinner at the Melting Pot.  We had done a dinner at a Melting Pot in California when we first started seeing each other, a fun experience.

This was just as fun.  We had a quiet, private booth in the back, a good waiter, and lots of fun food to cook for ourselves.  We're a little slow, and dinner took us over 3 hours to get through.  ;)

I'm not sure why dinner took so darn long...

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 29, 2018, 02:30:45 PM
I'm not sure why dinner took so darn long...

I can't imagine why.  But the two of you sure look cute together!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Awww! How sweet you two. I was wondering where Laurie was. I haven't seen her post here in awhile.

Happy Birthday Michelle!
Hugs ladies!
onica.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P   cc: @Laurie
Dear Michelle:
Wow-zers.... great photos of you and your sweetie. 
So, what took so long... the dinner itself, or the necking that was going on in your private booth at the back of the restaurant?  ???

Thanks for posting and sharing... it is so very nice to see you and Laurie having such a wonderful evening.
Hugs to YOU and Hugs to Laurie...

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Nicole70

Michelle,

Happy birthday! Lovely to see you two together and having a good time, you make a nice couple.
Hugs

Nicole
  •