Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
It is so good to read your last very upbeat update... thank you for sharing on your thread.
I am so glad that you are doing much better now...

I am so very happy to see Laurie's smiling face in the pictures that you posted.   Please tell her hello for me and give her one of my big HUGS... and please tell her that I miss her so much here on the Forums.

OH and the dessert that you and Laurie were sharing at your romantic dinner out looks quite decadent indeed.  I also have a weakness for desserts, cakes, cookies, pies, homemade rolls and breads.... and since you now have the brand new beautiful deep red KitchenAid mixer... a terrific early Christmas gift for sure... you can now do even more baking!!!!

It looks like that you were having a wonderful time shopping at the Market with Laurie and Kendra @Kendra  ... and ???  and  ???

Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful update.
Hugs to YOU, and Laurie, and Kendra,
Best wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 09, 2018, 03:56:48 PM
I'm working on a longer article on identity, including gender, and the conflicts between factions under the transgender umbrella over identity, assignment of identity by others, and the ideological filters used by many to replace introspection, thought, and consideration.  I think this will wind up around 2,500 words, and will probably appear first on my blog.

I've been recharging, getting more spoons, and am feeling better.  I did get whacked again yesterday by someone who was once dear to me, which now means I need to be very careful in any contact, unfortunately. 

I've done a few interesting things recently while hanging out with my girlfriend.  She got me a couple of hours with her electrologist (Mine has retired), so after 6 weeks off, i went under the needle again.  Fully cleared in an hour and forty minutes!  Yaaaay!  This helped my mood.  We went out to dinner nearby and shared another romantic meal and dessert together.  Desserts are my downfall, I'm afraid.

We also spent a day north of here, shopping, playing tourist, enjoying a shared meal, and visiting with friends, one of whom I already knew, and two great people I was very happy to meet, and whose company and hospitality I enjoyed.

I'm feeling better now, and will probably be returning to more community activity around me for the near future.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 09, 2018, 04:44:22 PM
It looks like that you were having a wonderful time shopping at the Market with Laurie and Kendra @Kendra  ... and ???  and  ???

Well, that's Saha and Beth! 

What a fun photo of you all. 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jessica

@Michelle_P

I'm working on a longer article on identity, including gender, and the conflicts between factions under the transgender umbrella over identity, assignment of identity by others, and the ideological filters used by many to replace introspection, thought, and consideration.  I think this will wind up around 2,500 words, and will probably appear first on my blog.

I've been recharging, getting more spoons, and am feeling better.  I did get whacked again yesterday by someone who was once dear to me, which now means I need to be very careful in any contact, unfortunately. 

I've done a few interesting things recently while hanging out with my girlfriend.  She got me a couple of hours with her electrologist (Mine has retired), so after 6 weeks off, i went under the needle again.  Fully cleared in an hour and forty minutes!  Yaaaay!  This helped my mood.  We went out to dinner nearby and shared another romantic meal and dessert together.  Desserts are my downfall, I'm afraid.

We also spent a day north of here, shopping, playing tourist, enjoying a shared meal, and visiting with friends, one of whom I already knew, and two great people I was very happy to meet, and whose company and hospitality I enjoyed.

I'm feeling better now, and will probably be returning to more community activity around me for the near future.

Wonderful to see both of you smiling.  Keep doing that....

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Kendra

Michelle it was great to see you, and Laurie, and thank you for driving up to Seattle. 
A great afternoon with both of you along with Beth & Saha. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Donica

Now that looks like a banana split and a half! Yum!

I recognize three lovely ladies in that picture and see four lovely ladies and one handsome gent.

I'm glad your feeling better Michelle. I would love to read your new article about identity.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

My girlfriend gave me an over-the-top birthday/holiday present, that I had to take out for a spin...

It works....  Mmmmm....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Rayna

Uh oh, this could lead to health consequences  ;D Well at least there are good emotional consequences  :) My best to you both. Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

LizK

Yum...[emoji847]

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Linde

I think it is unfair to post all the pictures of those sweet delights.  I am a diabetic, and feel like a kid pressing her nose against the window of the candy store!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Donica

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 14, 2018, 04:32:06 PM
My girlfriend gave me an over-the-top birthday/holiday present, that I had to take out for a spin...

It works....  Mmmmm....

That's some piece of hardware Michelle! Are those oatmeal cookies? Yum! I love oatmeal raisin cookies.

Enjoy you two!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

@Donica , these are indeed oatmeal raisin cookies.  I've tinkered with my recipe to get a thinner, chewier cookie.  These seem to be very popular.

@Dietlind @RandyL , I give away almost all the cookies I make.  I have a new fun one, a request for about 250 frozen 'pucks' of cookie dough for my Ultimate Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin cookies.  These will be served in a church as part of their Christmas Eve events, freshly baked in the church's kitchen.

@LizK these are indeed delicious cookies!

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 15, 2018, 05:57:58 PM
@Donica , these are indeed oatmeal raisin cookies.  I've tinkered with my recipe to get a thinner, chewier cookie.  These seem to be very popular.

Oh how I love chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. Any chance of getting your recipe?  :icon_dance:
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: GordonG on December 15, 2018, 06:34:57 PM
Oh how I love chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. Any chance of getting your recipe?  :icon_dance:

Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep 15 m   Cook 10 m   Ready In 2 h

1 c butter         2 sticks
1 c white sugar      210 g
1 c packed brown sugar   200 g
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
2 c all-purpose flour      250 g
1 tsp baking soda   OR   2 tsp calcium carbonate baking soda (salt free)
1 tsp salt         Optional for salt-free
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 c rolled oats      270 g
1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c raisins

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and molasses. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and other spices; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats, and finally the milk and raisins. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F  Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 3 inches apart on cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

•  

davina61

Blast have every thing to make them apart from molasses and how much is 2 sticks of butter in grams? (350 gram blocks in UK) 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on December 16, 2018, 09:04:16 AM
Blast have every thing to make them apart from molasses and how much is 2 sticks of butter in grams? (350 gram blocks in UK)
I measure (on my electronic scale) 110 g, it says on the pack 113 g.  I don't know if that little difference means anything (I don't bake cookies or cakes)?
This is the weight for one stick!

•  

davina61

Thanks now just have to find some black sticky stuff
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 15, 2018, 10:56:58 PM

Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep 15 m   Cook 10 m   Ready In 2 h

1 c butter         2 sticks
1 c white sugar      210 g
1 c packed brown sugar   200 g
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
2 c all-purpose flour      250 g
1 tsp baking soda   OR   2 tsp calcium carbonate baking soda (salt free)
1 tsp salt         Optional for salt-free
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 c rolled oats      270 g
1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c raisins

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and molasses. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and other spices; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats, and finally the milk and raisins. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F  Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 3 inches apart on cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Wow, thank you so much. Can't wait to mix up a batch.
Yummy, Yummy
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: davina61 on December 16, 2018, 09:04:16 AM

113 grams in a US butter stick, so about 225 grams total.

Note that this batter makes a thin chewy cookie.  For a thicker and harder cookie, leave out that 1/4 cup of milk.

You can also play with the add-ins,  I've made this with white chocolate chips and chopped pecans instead of the raisins, also leaving out the milk to get a thicker cookie.

The molasses adds invert sugars that help hold moisture.  You could leave out the molasses and just use all brown sugar (preferably dark brown), that is, no refined white sugar, just 410 grams brown sugar, to get a result thats not too far off.

•  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on December 16, 2018, 12:51:03 PM
Thanks now just have to find some black sticky stuff
The color and stickiness of Marmite would be just fine!   >:-)

•  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 16, 2018, 04:40:00 PM
113 grams in a US butter stick, so about 225 grams total.

Note that this batter makes a thin chewy cookie.  For a thicker and harder cookie, leave out that 1/4 cup of milk.

You can also play with the add-ins,  I've made this with white chocolate chips and chopped pecans instead of the raisins, also leaving out the milk to get a thicker cookie.

The molasses adds invert sugars that help hold moisture.  You could leave out the molasses and just use all brown sugar (preferably dark brown), that is, no refined white sugar, just 410 grams brown sugar, to get a result thats not too far off.
The recipe is very close to one of our Aussie /Kiwi all time favourites call ANZAC Biscuits...at least the basic ingredients seem to produce a flat , thin, chewy biscuit with that rich sweet taste of molasses, or we would substitute golden syrup for molasses.

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •