Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

An update on me...

Started by Michelle_P, October 15, 2016, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

So gave the cookies a go, used Muscovado sugar and black treacle . 15mins in my oven and had to make them in 3 and a tray batches , used grill pan and 2 baking trays !!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Michelle_P

Looks like they turned out well.

Yaaaay! 

Let there be cookies, and lo! There were cookies, and they were good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on December 18, 2018, 08:16:38 AM
So gave the cookies a go, used Muscovado sugar and black treacle . 15mins in my oven and had to make them in 3 and a tray batches , used grill pan and 2 baking trays !!!!

@Davina:
Dear Davina:
Wow-Whee....
...your cookies look wonderfully delicious...  I love Molasses Cookies... how did you know???
Thank you for posting your pictures and for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Look what you have started on your thread...
...you are turning all of your followers into "Cookie Monsters"

Please keep your oven hot and keep baking more cookies.   
I will be trying out your Oatmeal Raisin Molasses Cookie recipe this week, I like them chewy as well... mmm, mmm, good.... warm, out of the oven cookies.... not much is better.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 18, 2018, 02:15:07 PM
Looks like they turned out well.

Yaaaay! 

Let there be cookies, and lo! There were cookies, and they were good.

And all of Susan's did rejoice and sayeth unto each other, "Surely this will bring happiness upon our land." Then they did learn of how far away the distant land of the cookies lay, and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth, and darkness was upon the world.

A-women.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle @Steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 18, 2018, 02:27:54 PM
@Michelle_P
Dear Michelle:
Look what you have started on your thread...
...you are turning all of your followers into "Cookie Monsters"

Please keep your oven hot and keep baking more cookies.   
I will be trying out your Oatmeal Raisin Molasses Cookie recipe this week, I like them chewy as well... mmm, mmm, good.... warm, out of the oven cookies.... not much is better.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

My sweetie and I have tried both of her delicious cookies!  I was asked to please hide them before she ate them all!

And lo they were but a marathon away.....

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Michelle_P

How fun!  I'll have to post the chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Hmmm.  Anyone want to cook beef short ribs?  Another recipe ..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
  •  

Cindy

Oh yes to the chocolate chip cookie recipe!!!

Not that I eat them of course but sometimes lonely waifs drift by and I aid them by eating a chocolate chip cookie as I watch them pass I mean offering them a chocolate chip cookie to help them on their way.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 18, 2018, 02:34:12 PM
And all of Susan's did rejoice and sayeth unto each other, "Surely this will bring happiness upon our land." Then they did learn of how far away the distant land of the cookies lay, and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth, and darkness was upon the world.

A-women.

@Steph2.0
Dear Stephanie:
You are so right...  and you are also quite correct about "how far away the distant land on the cookies lay" for most of the Forum's members especially like @Davina, you and me.... but the good news is that we all have our own kitchens and proven that we can bake cookies and cakes and other items quite proficiently, so perhaps we can tempt the ones that are far and away from us with our delicious baked goods pictures as we have already been doing... i.e.  look at my Avatar photo... there are CHOCOLATE dipped cookies pictured there!!!
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Michelle_P

Michelle's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c butter, softened         2 sticks
1/2 c white sugar         100 g
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar   310 g
3 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
3 c all-purpose flour         375 g
1 tsp baking soda OR 2 tsp calcium carbonate - baking grade
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and molasses. Add baking soda to batter along with salt if needed. Add in the spices; cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves, and ginger.  Stir in flour, then chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

•  

Jessica

Thank you Michelle for posting the recipe for those satisfying chocolaty yummy discs of joy.

Hugs and smiles from another California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Donica

Yum! Thank you Michelle. I promised Stephanie I would bake up some chocolate chip cookies for her return home. She may already be familiar with your cookies.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

BrianaJ

Hi Davina, your cookies look YUM!  They all look YUM!  I see you used some black treacle in them.  Black treacle has been used in British brewing for some Russian imperial stouts and porters.  Lyle's Golden has been used in some traditional real ales.  Both syrups are very tasty and I've used them both.   
~~Be kind~~
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 18, 2018, 02:58:24 PMHmmm.  Anyone want to cook beef short ribs?  Another recipe

Yes yes yes, and omm nomm nomm!!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Michelle_P
My dear Michelle:
This time of the year, especially because of the special Holiday events can be very difficult for many people... the gatherings and  events that can very festive and enjoyable times also can be unhappy times for many transitioners that have not garnered acceptance from parents, family members, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, neighbors and those we come across in our daily lives.

This is the right time of year for us to try to make it a happier time to encourage and inspire others that need our hugs, listening ear, and our shoulder to lean on.  Not only can it lift the spirits and bring some much needed comfort and joy to others but at the very same time doing these things can bring happiness and joy to our own lives.

The most unbelieved beatitude in the Bible is: "It is more blessed to give than receive" (Acts 20:35)
I can personally testify of the truth in that scripture.

I trust that you are finding the joy and happiness that you deserve so I am giving you my expression of the holiday season that we are now in:
wishing you a very
   MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a prosperous and
Happy   NEW YEAR  in 2019

Please, if you could, give my holiday greeting to our very good friend Laurie

Hugs and as always, Well Wishes
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 18, 2018, 02:34:12 PM

A-women.

Oh here! I'll get that! It was just a fuse. And yet, there was another light. And thou saw the light was good. And thou rained cookies upon the land once again.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 25, 2018, 12:56:56 PM
trust that you are finding the joy and happiness that you deserve so I am giving you my expression of the holiday season that we are now in:
wishing you a very
   MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a prosperous and
Happy   NEW YEAR  in 2019

Please, if you could, give my holiday greeting to our very good friend Laurie

I am indeed, and I shall pass your greetings along to Laurie.

I hosted a little brunch here this morning for friends who did not have a place to be on Christmas morning.  The menu featured fresh berries and yogurt, sticky buns, Creme Brûlée French toast, coffee and tea, and a special version of pancakes for a friend with dietary restrictions.

Fluffy No-flour No-sugar Pancakes
Blender, griddle or large skillet/pan

1 very ripe banana
1 large egg
2 tbsp rolled oats (quick oats or oatmeal work)
1/4 tsp baking soda

Pre-heat your skillet or griddle to a medium/low heat.  Put all ingredients in the blender and purée on a fairly low setting for a minute, til quite smooth.  If needed, lightly oil the skillet or griddle.  (I use a canola oil spray)  Pour 3-4 pancakes out from the blender.  (If desired, sprinkle in some crushed pecans or a few blueberries.) Cook til lightly browned on thee bottom then carefully flip, about 2-3 minutes on each side.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 25, 2018, 03:07:17 PM
I am indeed, and I shall pass your greetings along to Laurie.

I hosted a little brunch here this morning for friends who did not have a place to be on Christmas morning.  The menu featured fresh berries and yogurt, sticky buns, Creme Brûlée French toast, coffee and tea, and a special version of pancakes for a friend with dietary restrictions.

Fluffy No-flour No-sugar Pancakes
Blender, griddle or large skillet/pan

1 very ripe banana
1 large egg
2 tbsp rolled oats (quick oats or oatmeal work)
1/4 tsp baking soda

Pre-heat your skillet or griddle to a medium/low heat.  Put all ingredients in the blender and purée on a fairly low setting for a minute, til quite smooth.  If needed, lightly oil the skillet or griddle.  (I use a canola oil spray)  Pour 3-4 pancakes out from the blender.  (If desired, sprinkle in some crushed pecans or a few blueberries.) Cook til lightly browned on thee bottom then carefully flip, about 2-3 minutes on each side.

You are such a wonderful person Michelle!
This is definitely a much needed show of season giving!

Merry Christmas!

Hugs and smiles from another California girl

•  

Michelle_P

On the road again...  from the California/Oregon border on Interstate 5...

•  

Linde

In drove that road quite  a bit.  My niece lives in the inter-mountain valley near Mount Chasta, and I have friends in Eugene, and that is the road I travel (but never in winter).
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•