News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

juice cleanse

Started by Ataraxia, October 15, 2016, 10:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ataraxia

Hi guys!

Has anyone here ever done a juicing cleanse? Or considering doing one, or know someone who's done one? I've been making fresh juice in a juicer for a while, but I've recently started doing juice cleanses--going periods of several days without eating, and drinking only fresh juice instead. I just tried a 3 day cleanse recently, and I'm planning to move up to a 5 day cleanse next and eventually start doing 7 day cleanses once a month :) Anyone else into juice cleansing? Any cool juice recipes you have to share? Any techniques you've found that help you get through the cleanse easier?
  •  

kelly_aus

TBH, not in to "assisted" cleansing or detox.. There's no real evidence it works and plenty of evidence the claims or it's proponents are hooey..

The body already has a quite efficient detox and self-cleansing mechanism.. The liver, kidneys, digestive system, lymphatic system etc all a part of it - and it doesn't magically start working better just because you've decided to only drink juice.
  •  

Dena

What I would be concerned about is a juice diet may be short on protein and other nutrients. A vegetarian diet can be balanced but it takes careful attention to the diet for it to remain health. Complete protein from vegetable sources requires the addition of grains or seeds in the proper combination in order to balance the protein.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

zirconia

Hi, Ataraxia

I have... I only tend to feel really hungry for three days. After that while I've felt a bit weak, I've been able to perform at around my usual levels.

When I drink juice I generally dilute it 2/3 with water, and try to drink at least two to three liters of liquid per day.
  •