Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Girlfriend doesn't want other people to help with my makeup. Help!

Started by Blackwaters427, October 30, 2016, 12:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

My girlfriend and I have been arguing about this for a while now. My coworker's girlfriend, who is studying to be a beautician, has offered to help me with finding the right makeup to feminize my face. My gf doesn't want her to do that since that'd be another woman putting her hands on my face. I brought up that her (my gf) friends help her with makeup and such so why isn't it okay if one of my female friends helps me. She said it's because "you're not a girl yet". She even had her friends over to help me with my face but they had to do it by putting it on her face, and then she'd "try her best" to replicate it on my face. See, the thing is that I learn best when someone shows me and then lets me try it. The way my gf wants me to do it will take me longer to learn, and I don't do well with tutorial videos. And when I protest about it, she always takes it personally. "I guess you don't think i'm good enough." and stuff like that! I'm really getting sick of this!
What do I say to her??
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

becky.rw

Personally??  I think you got your GF participating in your transition and you ought to let her run with it even if it is sub-optimal.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Blackwaters427 on October 30, 2016, 12:56:52 AM
My girlfriend and I have been arguing about this for a while now. My coworker's girlfriend, who is studying to be a beautician, has offered to help me with finding the right makeup to feminize my face. My gf doesn't want her to do that since that'd be another woman putting her hands on my face. I brought up that her (my gf) friends help her with makeup and such so why isn't it okay if one of my female friends helps me. She said it's because "you're not a girl yet". She even had her friends over to help me with my face but they had to do it by putting it on her face, and then she'd "try her best" to replicate it on my face. See, the thing is that I learn best when someone shows me and then lets me try it. The way my gf wants me to do it will take me longer to learn, and I don't do well with tutorial videos. And when I protest about it, she always takes it personally. "I guess you don't think i'm good enough." and stuff like that! I'm really getting sick of this!
What do I say to her??

I had a MAC makeover about a week ago and apart from the knowledge gained from listening to the beautician the best part was having the truly fabulous end result. The correct feel and technique are also important and are only learned when you get in there and try

One thing that sets off warning bells to me is when she said "You are not a girl Yet"

As long as she sees you as male it will make things difficult in your transition, I wonder if that could be her problem with the make up....Ihmmm...does she not understand you are already a girl. Be patient with her and maybe show her some more information relating to acceptance.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

EmilyMK03

Quote from: ElizabethK on October 30, 2016, 01:47:49 AM
One thing that sets off warning bells to me is when she said "You are not a girl Yet"

I was going to point out this part too, but Elizabeth beat me to it.

This is about a lot more than just makeup.  You and your girlfriend need to have a serious talk about where your relationship is, and where it is going.
  •  

Xirafel

I don't know the situation, but maybe she just thinks it's a hobby and doesn't take it that seriously.
  •  

KarynMcD

You've mentioned that before, where she won't do something until you are a "girl."
You're a girl now.
You might think she is accepting of you, but she's not.
She doesn't get it.
  •  

cheryl reeves

I don't have a problem with my wife doing my makeup and hair for she can make me look like myself. Tonight she is making me up and I'm looking forward to it.
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: Blackwaters427 on October 30, 2016, 12:56:52 AM
What do I say to her??

There are many, many sites on youtube with makeup lessons. One of the best is Wayne Goss.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•