Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

It's all just an "illness"

Started by GlassUnicorn, November 04, 2016, 11:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassUnicorn

I am feeling pretty terrible...

I was on an autism forum, where I chose Male as my gender. I made a topic where I spoke about some medical problems I have, some of which are clearly female problems. I assumed people would be understanding. Instead, I am asked if my gender was really correct, and then actively told that transgender is another one of my medical problems...at least, they implied that. I started to feel like I was being looked at not as someone who has some diseases, but someone who is a disease. That hurts so much.
  •  

becky.rw

If you do have an illness.    Its cure is simple.

Testosterone.
  •  

LizK

I use the word condition...I hate illness...I am not ill...society may make me feel that way.

If being Trans is an illness then so is being gay or bi, or green eyed,  or left handed, or brown haired, or short legged, or long legged or.......

Don't let it get to you...they win if you do...the ignorant and the haters will always interpret things in their own special way.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

biannne

Wanting to crossdress or transition to woman is not illness or disease. It is well documented that wanting to crossdress goes deeper into the way our brain wired and the desire in within every male. In some, it surface due to may physical and psychological factors.

People who say it is an illness is uneducated and ignorant. Do not listen to them. Our society has a long way to go in accepting transgender. We are still struggling to accept homosexuality so it was will be long before TG are accepted.
Truth Shall Set You Free
  •