Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Using Makeup.

Started by Jazzy, November 04, 2016, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Hi all. I was talking with a transgender friend of mine and I asked him for some tips. He said that it would be a idea to go and try some basic makeup so that I look more feminine if I crossdress. And I liked the idea cuz most girls of my age do that (I am the realistic type aka who wants to act as close as possible like a girl in her freetime). I never used makeup before myself so I was wondering or someone would be able to give me some tips. On what kind of makeup to start with if I am new to it.
Already thanks!
- Jazzy
  •  

Amanda_Combs

My advice on what type of makeup to wear in order to look the most like a typical girl is to wear foundation, well blended, in your own skin colour.  and choose just 1 or 2 small things to add. (for example eyeliner and blush, but just decide which you like best.)  As far as how to apply it.  I'm entirely willing to share my very limited knowledge with you.  But the best teachers are youtube videos, because there are so many people posting them.  just choose which specific thing you're trying to learn, search it, and watch a handfull of tutorials on it.  After that just put together the sum whole of the information you gather and give it a shot! (make it a fun day.   ;D) Just call to mind what you think looks good on other girls and try it.  I hope this helps.   ;)
Higher, faster, further, more
  •  

Jazzy

Thankies for ur advice Amanda! Will take a look at it ^^
  •  

Fresas con Nata

And besides youtube, you'd gain a lot by coming out to a female friend of yours, then asking her for advice. Only a few hours ago my bestie let me watch her while she made up her face for a birthday party and wow, she does things so naturally, and FAST! Of course she has been doing that for 10+ years while I'm just a beginner so it's not really surprising, but it makes you think, One day I'm going to be like that... One day I'm going to loathe this chore... :)
  •  

Jazzy

Yeah indeed well I already came out to a few female friends but most of em don't use makeup gonna as ka bit around thankies for the tip :)
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: Jazzy on November 04, 2016, 03:29:30 PM
I am the realistic type aka who wants to act as close as possible like a girl in her freetime

Well, learning makeup will be very helpful, but if "realistic" is your aim, you might want to consider investing in facial hair removal. While it's possible for many genetic males to hide their facial hair well, it's not easy and by far the most "realistic" way to go is to just remove it.

Other than that, do the same things any woman does-- start a good daily skin care regimen, shape your eyebrows, and such. Eyelash curling or even false eyelashes make a big difference as well.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

jenniferlovescoffee

I 100% agree with Amanda.  I thought I was doing makeup well. Then I came out to a female friend and asked her to help with my makeup. That is when I discovered that my makeup game was far, far lower than it really was. She helped increase my makeup game by like a multiplier of ten. It's also a natural look; try to look like I'm not using much makeup. And that involves hair removal such as trimming eyebrows. I'm pretty serious about it, so I bought a personal laser hair removal device to remove not only my facial hair, but the majority of my body hair as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •