Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ah my first harassment. :/

Started by Blackwaters427, November 04, 2016, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

I knew transitioning was going to bring out some bigots. I haven't gotten this much verbal abuse since I was in military school. But I guess there's really no way to fully prepare for it. Just kinda depressed about it. They were my girlfriend's cousin and her husband.

How do you normally handle it when people give you flak and call you slurs and threaten you?
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Paige

Quote from: Blackwaters427 on November 04, 2016, 05:06:18 PM
I knew transitioning was going to bring out some bigots. I haven't gotten this much verbal abuse since I was in military school. But I guess there's really no way to fully prepare for it. Just kinda depressed about it. They were my girlfriend's cousin and her husband.

How do you normally handle it when people give you flak and call you slurs and threaten you?

Not knowing these people I can't say for sure, but there's some crazy people out there.  It's probably best to avoid the confrontation and leave if it's possible.  Can you avoid these people in the future? 

What would you gain by standing up to them?  I'm sure it's not going to change their view and it might just anger them into harming you.  I think you want to play it safe.

•  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: Paige on November 04, 2016, 11:01:37 PM
Not knowing these people I can't say for sure, but there's some crazy people out there.  It's probably best to avoid the confrontation and leave if it's possible.  Can you avoid these people in the future? 

What would you gain by standing up to them?  I'm sure it's not going to change their view and it might just anger them into harming you.  I think you want to play it safe.

That's probably the most wise course of action. We don't have to see them anymore, as long as they don't come to my house. That's what I'm afraid of. They've hung out here before so they know where we live.
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Paige

Quote from: Blackwaters427 on November 05, 2016, 12:08:56 PM
That's probably the most wise course of action. We don't have to see them anymore, as long as they don't come to my house. That's what I'm afraid of. They've hung out here before so they know where we live.

Not sure what to suggest.  Do you really feel they might show up some day?  How crazy do you think these people are?  Does your girlfriend know if they have a past history of violence?
  •