Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The shrink

Started by JeanetteLW, February 21, 2017, 03:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Jeanette you sound pretty happy with the way it went. That is great and I am so glad it worked out for you. That first "official" contact can be terribly intimidating. So it is onwards and upwards to your gender therapist. I bet it feels good to have accomplished this first official step...

Enjoy

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Shy

So happy for you Jeanette :) It's a nice feeling to have your trans status acknowledged by a professional. I know it helped me a lot at the time knowing there were no underlying mental health issues driving me along.

Happy days!

shy
  •  

Michelle_P

Interesting.  An advanced case, huh?  ;)  I'm glad you are getting a referral to someone with gender therapy expertise.  That's a better fit, and should be much more helpful to you.

Congratulations on getting past this!

Hugs,
Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Michelle_P on February 24, 2017, 09:51:56 AM
Congratulations on getting past this!

Hugs,
Michelle

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the support each of you give to me in my journey.

Something I told this psychiatrist strikes me as odd though I believe it to be true. I told her "I do not believe in stress. I don't understand it. I take care of what I can, when I can. There is no reason to worry about things I cannot change until I can do something about them." This is true in my responsible male life. I do not give into stress  over the things i need to do but cannot yet. By the way I am an accomplished procrastinator.
   The odd part is that so far every step I've taken on this bumpy road I have been here on Susan's doing just the opposite.  EVERY step! I've been here stressing about each one and asking you all for help to "Get past"  it. I pride myself on handling my problems myself as I can. I'm an independent do it yourselfer. Yet as Jeanette I am here asking for help, needing your support and guidance. Without fail I get it.

Thank you one and all for your much needed support.

Hugs,
     Jeanette
  •  

Michelle_P

Jeanette, we can be stressed about things, or we can simply have concerns and seek assistance in addressing those concerns.  As far as I can tell, you've just been seeking assistance, and that it a good thing.

Far too often we try to meet the male stereotype of never admitting a problem, and believing that we must solve all things ourselves.  It just ain't so!   We can all use some help from time to time, and that is what a community is for.  We help each other.

I love this community!

Hugs,
Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •