Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Problem with alcohol?

Started by Stormy, November 07, 2007, 06:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormy

I have a medical mystery and I am wondering if anyone here or knows of anyone who has had a
similar problem developing an intolerance to alcohol after transition and GRS.

I enjoy wine and I generally drank one two glasses a day but seldom more.  In the past 6 months,
I've noticed that anything more than a glass will leave me feeling ill the next day.  On couple of
occasions, when I've had three, I have been violently ill. The reaction is typical of someone who
taking Antabuse or Disulfiram.  Other drugs can sometimes mimic this effect like Flagyl or certain
Cephalosporin antibiotics.  What is happening is that part of the alcohol metabolic pathway is not
functioning properly.  My labs for liver panel have been normal.  I have an appointment with an
MD, though she is unlikely to do any better than I have (I am medically trained).  I  have been
racking my brain trying to figure this out and have come up empty.  I am on no drugs that would
cause this reaction.  The only thing I have changed in this time frame is my patch, from Climara
to Vivelle.  This could be a cause but is highly unlikely.

I wonder if it is related to HRT in general, though this is not a reported issue in the natal female
population, or of transition in general (that I know of).  Anyone else had any problems with alcohol
or know of anyone who has after transition?

Stormy
  •  

Rachael

my problem is i cant get enough!
only kidding, personally, my tollerance has lowered, but so has my bodymass etc. so im figuring its all normal. i certainly like a glass of wine now and again, and ive had no real intollerance as such.
R :police:
  •  

natalie

wine has sulphides in it.
so you might of developed a sensitivity to that.
if you got problems with sulfa drugs, this might be it.
does vodka cause the same affect for you.

-Natalie
  •